I thought I'd be embarrassed to walk my cat, but turns out we both love it

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
3264.jpg

I brought him to the sheltered park across the street, under some large trees. I found a four-foot stump to sit on. First, he stayed in my lap. Soon, he was walking around, smelling. Then he lifted his tail with confidence, and led me to the next tree. He rubbed himself on it. He rolled around in the leaves, reveling. White tourists exclaimed in German accents and took photos from a distance without asking – of the cat. They paid no mind to his trans, non-binary human. Then Monk found the bushes, with the sounds of the birds and who-knows-what rodents rustling in the underbrush, and all of a sudden he was walking me. I’ve never seen him so alive.

Not bad for a first walk, I thought. We had survived.

I thought I'd be embarrassed to walk my cat, but turns out we both love it | Luke Stavrand Woolf

Eventually he will figure out where you can't follow. Your cat will probably appreciate watching you step on the scales every few days. He wants to be sure your walks are productive.

But the important question....is your cat embarrassed by YOU?

There are ppl who walk cats around here...it's an eclectic, tourist community with lots of retirees, and seeing them always make my daughter and me smile.

Forum List

Back