I think this might explain some of the sharp differences we see on this board about what to do in this Crises!

U2Edge

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
I think this might explain some of the sharp differences we see on this board about what to do in this Crises!

World 1:
Whom Democrats trust for coronavirus information, per a CBS/YouGov poll: the CDC 87 percent, your governor 75 percent, the national media 72 percent, friends and family 72 percent, religious leaders 44 percent, President Trump 14 percent.

World 2: Whom Republicans trust, according to the same poll: Trump 90 percent, the CDC 84 percent, friends and family 81 percent, religious leaders 71 percent, your governor 65 percent, the national media 13 percent.

World 1:
Whom Democrats trust for coronavirus information, per a CBS/YouGov poll: the CDC 87 percent, your governor 75 percent, the national media 72 percent, friends and family 72 percent, religious leaders 44 percent, President Trump 14 percent.

World 2: Whom Republicans trust, according to the same poll: Trump 90 percent, the CDC 84 percent, friends and family 81 percent, religious leaders 71 percent, your governor 65 percent, the national media 13 percent.

That's interesting.

The following is pretty damning from the article:

Scientists and health experts are all living in World 1; those who aren’t heeding the scientists and health experts are living in World 2.

I think in a pandemic it would be wise to follow the lead of scientist and health experts. Unfortunately, people following Trump are not doing that.

Last edited:
A yahoo poll?! Really?
Sorry, but that is NOT a serious poll.

Yahoo does not do polling. Read what it says. Its a CBS/YOUGOV poll!

Also its being reported by
Chuck Todd and Mark Murray and Carrie Dann and Melissa Holzberg
NBC News

Yahoo is just reposting it.

Point being the "poll" is by Trump haters.
Keep believing those "polls" all the way to November, but then don't be surprised if 2020 ends up like 2016.

World 1:

Democrats acknowledge the facts and science and advocate following the guidelines set out by healthcare experts, with the understanding that in order to save lives some economic hardship will be realized.

Republicans see a General Election coming soon. They understand that if we go through a recession during that time with an increasing unemployment rate, they’ll likely lose control of the WH and Senate.

Republicans are consequently hostile toward the facts and science and are loathed to follow the guidelines set out by healthcare experts because to do so will likely hurt them politically.

World 1:

The CDC is at odds with what the current POTUS is spewing.

The following is pretty damning from the article:

Scientists and health experts are all living in World 1; those who aren’t heeding the scientists and health experts are living in World 2.

I think in a pandemic it would be wise to follow the lead of scientist and health experts. Unfortunately, people are following Trump are not doing that.

Scientists and health experts can be as bureaucratic as our politicians.

World 1:

Democrats acknowledge the facts and science
Such as that men can become women.

Forum List

Back