I think this might explain some of the sharp differences we see on this board about what to do in this Crises!

I think this might explain some of the sharp differences we see on this board about what to do in this Crises!

World 1:
Whom Democrats trust for coronavirus information, per a CBS/YouGov poll: the CDC 87 percent, your governor 75 percent, the national media 72 percent, friends and family 72 percent, religious leaders 44 percent, President Trump 14 percent.

World 2: Whom Republicans trust, according to the same poll: Trump 90 percent, the CDC 84 percent, friends and family 81 percent, religious leaders 71 percent, your governor 65 percent, the national media 13 percent.

That explains why the trump supporter in Arizona drank that chemical trump said would prevent the virus.

The stupid trump supporter died. His wife is in the hospital fighting for her life after drinking the same chemical.

Being stupid and listening to trump got that man killed.

World 1:
Whom Democrats trust for coronavirus information, per a CBS/YouGov poll: the CDC 87 percent, your governor 75 percent, the national media 72 percent, friends and family 72 percent, religious leaders 44 percent, President Trump 14 percent.

World 2: Whom Republicans trust, according to the same poll: Trump 90 percent, the CDC 84 percent, friends and family 81 percent, religious leaders 71 percent, your governor 65 percent, the national media 13 percent.

Your link:

"World 1:
“Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) said Monday that he is closing the state’s K-12 schools for the remainder of the academic year,” per the Washington Post.

"World 2: “As the coronavirus threatens to spread across the Lynchburg (Va.) region, Liberty University officials are preparing to welcome back up to 5,000 students from spring break this week,” the local News & Advance writes."

Which world accords with reality?

Liberty University's administration decided not to "risk
students having a longer time to become exposed to the virus."

That reasoning goes against state of Virginia which has banned all gatherings of more than ten people

Liberty University let more than 1,000 students return to campus during the coronavirus outbreak

The following is pretty damning from the article:

Scientists and health experts are all living in World 1; those who aren’t heeding the scientists and health experts are living in World 2.

I think in a pandemic it would be wise to follow the lead of scientist and health experts. Unfortunately, people are following Trump are not doing that.

Scientists and health experts can be as bureaucratic as our politicians.
That's a fact. They work for the gov.

World 1:

Democrats acknowledge the facts and science
Such as that men can become women.
By choice ! I'm here to help
airbornknivesbanshee.jpg

World 1:

The Democratic Party through God out. And the people in it still talk about them having faith. It doesn't work both ways in that regard.

Scientists and health experts are all living in World 1; those who aren’t heeding the scientists and health experts are living in World 2.

I think in a pandemic it would be wise to follow the lead of scientist and health experts. Unfortunately, people are following Trump are not doing that.

They are only responsible for one part of the crisis … the med one. The POTUS must consider far more than just one factor and it's clear that the economic one may kill far more than the virus.

World 1:

This poll would make me proud to be a Republican. Anyone who trusts the national media to do honest reporting is either uninformed or extremely gullible. Peoplee with personal knowledge of a particular subject matter know this. People who come from intellectually humble beginnings are the most likely to defer to so-called "experts" and their credentials.

I find the opinions of people who admit their biases to be more valuable than those who hide them.

A yahoo poll?! Really?
Sorry, but that is NOT a serious poll.

Yahoo does not do polling. Read what it says. Its a CBS/YOUGOV poll!

Also its being reported by
Chuck Todd and Mark Murray and Carrie Dann and Melissa Holzberg
NBC News

Yahoo is just reposting it.

Point being the "poll" is by Trump haters.
Keep believing those "polls" all the way to November, but then don't be surprised if 2020 ends up like 2016.

I don't dismiss scientific polling and other data. If you know a better indicator, lets see it.

World 1:

Democrats acknowledge the facts and science and advocate following the guidelines set out by healthcare experts, with the understanding that in order to save lives some economic hardship will be realized.

Republicans see a General Election coming soon. They understand that if we go through a recession during that time with an increasing unemployment rate, they’ll likely lose control of the WH and Senate.

Republicans are consequently hostile toward the facts and science and are loathed to follow the guidelines set out by healthcare experts because to do so will likely hurt them politically.

Sad but true regarding many Trump supporters.

World 1:

Democrats acknowledge the facts and science and advocate following the guidelines set out by healthcare experts, with the understanding that in order to save lives some economic hardship will be realized.

Republicans see a General Election coming soon. They understand that if we go through a recession during that time with an increasing unemployment rate, they’ll likely lose control of the WH and Senate.

Republicans are consequently hostile toward the facts and science and are loathed to follow the guidelines set out by healthcare experts because to do so will likely hurt them politically.

Sure, dood.

They are only responsible for one part of the crisis … the med one. The POTUS must consider far more than just one factor and it's clear that the economic one may kill far more than the virus.

Did the economic changes during World War II kill people? I think not. Unless you were on the front lines in Europe or the Pacific. 16 million Americans had to leave their jobs and business's and go overseas to fight the AXIS powers. Civilians at home had to ration food and were often reduced to only eating spam for meals.

So the economy and the population can take it. World War II proved that.

A yahoo poll?! Really?
Sorry, but that is NOT a serious poll.

Yahoo does not do polling. Read what it says. Its a CBS/YOUGOV poll!

Also its being reported by
Chuck Todd and Mark Murray and Carrie Dann and Melissa Holzberg
NBC News

Yahoo is just reposting it.

Point being the "poll" is by Trump haters.
Keep believing those "polls" all the way to November, but then don't be surprised if 2020 ends up like 2016.

If this lockdown crap is kept in place over 2-3 weeks? We're headed for hard times worse than the Great Depression. More than 3 weeks and there will be no recovery when it's over.

Anyone who trusts Trump for accurate information should ingest aquarium cleaner and pack into their churches on Easter.

Is misrepresenting what Trump said just a hobby for you or a way of life?

Do you not aspire to be more than a lying sack of shit?
Retard: On Easter, you'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time.

Leader: There is no way in hell the American people will be able to attend church on Easter, which is just 18 days from now. Don't even think about it.

See the difference, tard?

World 1:

That explains why the trump supporter in Arizona drank that chemical trump said would prevent the virus.

The stupid trump supporter died. His wife is in the hospital fighting for her life after drinking the same chemical.

Being stupid and listening to trump got that man killed.

He did NOT listen to Trump you incredibly f-ing dumbass!

Anyone who trusts Trump for accurate information should ingest aquarium cleaner and pack into their churches on Easter.

Is misrepresenting what Trump said just a hobby for you or a way of life?

Do you not aspire to be more than a lying sack of shit?
Retard: On Easter, you'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time.

Leader: There is no way in hell the American people will be able to attend church on Easter, which is just 18 days from now. Don't even think about it.

See the difference, tard?

Since you continue to lie about what he said, who the fudge cares what you think, retard!

Forum List

Back