I think I'm reaching my limit with the depravity of TV

I watched a Louis C.K. comedy special on Netflix and my son was watching with me, and Louis made a joke that he would have sex with a dead child.

And I think I've finally reached my limit with the depravity of TV.

It's bad enough they throw homosexual sex scenes in every TV show nowadays, but now they are introducing characters who claim they are not men or women, and we have to deal with that too.

But with Louis C.K. making jokes about having sex with dead children, I've reached my limit.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking seriously about eliminating TV from my life, or at least most of it.
I gave it up some time ago and have never missed it. You can purchase pure flix dvd movies (Christian movies) online and they will send it to your house. I have never heard of Louis C.K. but it sounds like he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for filthy lucre. What he said was truly satanic. Something I suspect a satanist would say. He won't be laughing in hell.

Oh for fuck sake.
Quit your cussing. There are ladies present and they do not want to read your filthy language.

This is the wrong site to frequent if you want to avoid bad language. :p

I watched a Louis C.K. comedy special on Netflix and my son was watching with me, and Louis made a joke that he would have sex with a dead child.

It's bad enough they throw homosexual sex scenes in every TV show nowadays, but now they are introducing characters who claim they are not men or women, and we have to deal with that too.

But with Louis C.K. making jokes about having sex with dead children, I've reached my limit.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking seriously about eliminating TV from my life, or at least most of it.

You'd be better off eliminating that stick from your ass, grandma. I'm sure Louis C.K made no such joke.

You'd be better off eliminating that stick from your ass, grandma. I'm sure Louis C.K made no such joke.
You think he made it up? What possible motive would he have? People who make things up do not include details. He did. He was watching the show with his son and was disgusted by what he heard. What is your problem with him warning others of what he heard? I commend him for it. And you? What is wrong with you defending some wicked man who is making a joke about having sex with dead children? Why are you accusing Blackrook of lying in order to excuse that wicked man? Have you no conscience?

You had better straighten up! You owe him an apology!

What makes you think people who make things up don't include details? That seems like a ridiculous statement.

I don't know what motive Blackrook would have of making it up, but if he were to have done so, there's no reason he couldn't have made up details. :dunno:

You think he made it up? What possible motive would he have? People who make things up do not include details. He did. He was watching the show with his son and was disgusted by what he heard. What is your problem with him warning others of what he heard? I commend him for it. And you? What is wrong with you defending some wicked man who is making a joke about having sex with dead children? Why are you accusing Blackrook of lying in order to excuse that wicked man? Have you no conscience?

What makes you think people who make things up don't include details? That seems like a ridiculous statement.

I don't know what motive Blackrook would have of making it up, but if he were to have done so, there's no reason he couldn't have made up details. :dunno:
He didn't make it up. He posted the link with the evidence. Stop wiggling.

In regards to the OP, I haven't seen or heard the joke (the link provided in another post was too long for me to wade through), but comedians have long pushed the boundaries of what is socially acceptable.
They went too far this time.

What are you talking about? I didn't say Blackrook made it up. I said that, were he to have done so, there's no reason he couldn't have made up details. I was commenting on that specific statement, not whether Blackrook made up the joke. I specifically pointed out that I don't know why he would have made it up.

I'm pretty sure it's made up

Louis CK is a gutter scum. But worse, he's not even in the same zip code as funny.

I'm pretty sure it's made up
I'm pretty sure it's not. Blackrook didn't go to the trouble to make a thread about something that never happened. I believe him. You don't. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I gave it up some time ago and have never missed it. You can purchase pure flix dvd movies (Christian movies) online and they will send it to your house. I have never heard of Louis C.K. but it sounds like he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for filthy lucre. What he said was truly satanic. Something I suspect a satanist would say. He won't be laughing in hell.
oh geez.....

oh geez.....

I watched a show called the Mick last night. This thing was disgusting. It had the main character threatening to molest children, while dressing a little boy as a girl to try and convince him to be transgender.

Thing is, the show is funny as hell.

Louis C.K. isn't.

I'll put up with crude, but it better be funny.

oh geez.....

I watched a show called the Mick last night. This thing was disgusting. It had the main character threatening to molest children, while dressing a little boy as a girl to try and convince him to be transgender.

Thing is, the show is funny as hell.

Louis C.K. isn't.

I'll put up with crude, but it better be funny.
yea i watch that,pretty humorous.....and the best thing Louis ck ever did was that old show on HBO lucky louie....

lucre?you talk like you come from the 1800's

I have posted proof. Apologize for calling me a liar.

Alright alright....sure enough, he did make that joke. But, you gotta take in in context, he was going for shock value. Louis CK does that sometimes. I'm watching this special right now and I'm dying....this is hilarious. I hope you didn't turn it off after that part, because it gets frikken funny as hell.

Anyone interested...rent this. It's a little rough so obviously you should not be watching this with your kids.

:laugh:

It depends what the joke was, wouldn't it. (Doing some research, this joke was told back in 2015, so some of us are late to the party).

Humor by its nature has to be offensive sometimes. .

Every tv I've ever seen came equipped with an on/off switch. I got divorced form american television decades ago.
There is some really good things to watch on tv, much of which is from BBC, one recent example was the Downton Abbey series. The current effort is the Victoria series, which is an entertaining account of Queen Victoria's reign. Most of this good stuff is found on PBS (Public Broadcasting). It's far superior to anything available on cable.

Every tv I've ever seen came equipped with an on/off switch. I got divorced form american television decades ago.
There is some really good things to watch on tv, much of which is from BBC, one recent example was the Downton Abbey series. The current effort is the Victoria series, which is an entertaining account of Queen Victoria's reign. Most of this good stuff is found on PBS (Public Broadcasting). It's far superior to anything available on cable.

and yet the Trumpenfuhrer wants to cut funding to PBS.

Forum List

Back