I Think I Might Have Had My First Anxiety Attack Last Night :(

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
It started happening when I was trying to do something that I couldn't do. Then I started sweating and breathing heavily as my chest tightened up and I started having chest pain. Then my head started hurting and my ears started ringing and my fingers were getting all tingly. It only lasted for about ten minutes though thankfully so I don't think it was serious.

It started happening when I was trying to do something that I couldn't do. Then I started sweating and breathing heavily as my chest tightened up and I started having chest pain. Then my head started hurting and my ears started ringing and my fingers were getting all tingly. It only lasted for about ten minutes though thankfully so I don't think it was serious.
You might want to visit a cardiologist. I had similar symptoms almost thirty years ago and it led to open heart bypass surgery in my 40s. All has been great since, but better safe than sorry. Good luck.

Well, don't panic over it!

Were you trying to carry a burning refrigerator on your head up a spiral staircase into a music studio?

Panic attack. Feels like a heart attack. MrG gets them often. But he also has PTSD too.
I had a couple myself, but it was years ago.

Sounds like you’ve been vaxxed.

I have those every time my back spasms occur.

I once had similar symptoms but the worst of them for me was shortness of breath. I panicked, feeling like I wouldn't be able to breathe. Went to an ER and was diagnosed with blood clots in both lungs. I've been on blood thinners ever since.

Yeah, the only thing is I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor right away, or wait to see if this happens again.

Yeah, the only thing is I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor right away, or wait to see if this happens again.

If you feel perfectly fine now, what will you tell the doctor? What should he look at? If you look and feel perfectly normal now, I would do three things:
  1. Get a BP and heart monitor.
  2. Try to make note of what you had eaten or what you were doing in the hours before the attack.
  3. Give your PCP a call and just tell them what's going on and let them decide. They should know more about you than we do.
Keep a watch of your HR and BP especially if you get another attack. A doctor will probably want to check these things themself and maybe your sugar.

Please see a doctor immediately, it sounds like you may have been having a heart attack. I've been told that the symptoms can vary in women from the classic symptoms that men experience.

Please don't delay.

Go see your husband.
Seriously though, see a doctor. Lots of cardiac symptoms there.

I'm not really a doctor's wife, it's just a Doctor Who reference and it also might have something to do with my acid reflux. I'll keep an eye on it and see whether or not it happens again before I just go running to the doctor.

Forum List

Back