I stand with Drew Brees

Anyone who think Kap was disrespecting the flag had it precisely backwards.

He wasn't disrespecting the flag, he was DEPENDING on it.

This is what happens when you don't bother to understand the experiences and perspectives of others.

Bad timing.
Protesting anything during our anthem ties our flag, our military and our patriotic people in to the protest.
An annual protest against criminality on MLK day ties blacks to the protest...See how this works? Simple shit...huh?
In your world, yes.

Your world is an ugly place, and will ultimately lose.

So you think a protest against criminality held on MLK day would be acceptable?
Absolutely.

At the same time, you could protest against bigotry and white racism.

I'm sure he knew there would be some who would make no effort to understand.

Understand what...that this nation has a few bad cops? I thought you Lefties hate "painting with a broad brush"?
Can you folks please make up your fucking minds.
No, that's not it. You have no idea of, or interest in, the experiences and perceptions of others, which makes you a model Trumpster.
Break it down for us...share some enlightenment...unless you know you can't make sense to a sane mind.
LefTard Logic:
"We are still holding blacks back...we will only allow them to achieve low level positions such as President Of The United States."

Understand what...that this nation has a few bad cops? I thought you Lefties hate "painting with a broad brush"?
No, that's not it. You have no idea of, or interest in, the experiences and perceptions of others, which makes you a model Trumpster.
Break it down for us...share some enlightenment...unless you know you can't make sense to a sane mind.
LefTard Logic:
"We are still holding blacks back...we will only allow them to achieve low level positions such as President Of The United States."
You continue to have absolutely no idea, because you don't give a shit.

Sounds good. I'm not trying to educate you or change your mind on anything.

This is your time. Enjoy!

LefTard Logic:
So far theres only been one Black person that was POTUS and you hated him. You dont think thats holding people back?

Brees has been taking a lot of flack since yesterday for disagreeing with those who took a knee for the national anthem and our flag. And make no mistake, it IS our flag.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

I won't either. Cuz that flag is symbol of us, this country, and what it stands for. Sure, there is racism and injustice, but that isn't what this country stands for or represents. It's an imperfect place with imperfect people, and we truly have a lot of problems to fix. When someone like Colin Kaepernick won't honor the country and people he lives in and with, then he is wrong. It's no different to my mind than when Hillary Clinton calls some of us deplorables. News flash to her, Kaepernick, and all those who castigated Brees: you disrespect an awful lot of good people because you're mad at the bad people. And that does not help your cause any.

“I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice,” Brees said. “I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

I stand with Drew Brees. Today and everyday. Oh, and one more thing: all lives matter.
I kneel with George Floyd. I kneel with Colin Kaepernick. I stand for justice for all. The flag is just a piece of cloth -- without justice for all, it means nothing at all!

"without justice for all, it means nothing at all!"

Bullshit. Justice for all has never existed, it's like peace on earth and good will towards men (and women), these are ideals for which we all try to achieve. Human nature being what it is, we have not reached that point yet, maybe never will but we still work on it. Maybe not as hard as we should, but it's still a worthy goal. That ideal is one of the things that flag symbolizes, as well as those of us who desire to achieve it, and while many of us are not satisfied with the progress made since the beginning, it is still worth pursuing.

"The flag is just a piece of cloth"

To you maybe, but not to me and a whole lot of other people. People bitched about Brees' insensitivity but I don't see much sensitivity from you or those who bitterly criticized him for what he said. It wasn't like he attacked anybody or said anything in support of racism or injustice. Maybe that's part of the problem: too many people who lack sensitivity to what others say. Without thinking it through, they make their snap judgments and react. That 'piece of cloth' means a lot to a lot of people, maybe it's you who is being insensitive.

"You have no idea of, or interest in, the experiences and perceptions of others, which makes you a model Trumpster."

I think you missed the mark there. There are a lot of people who couldn't care less about the experiences and perceptions of others, on both sides of the political aisle. And it ain't all that one-sided either.

So Mac, just out of curiosity, have you ever called out Alepias racist moments ?
Yeah, didn't think so.

So Mac, just out of curiosity, have you ever called out Alepias racist moments ?
Yeah, didn't think so.
I told you not to try thinking without a crash helmet and adult supervision. Actually Mac has called me out several times. We just agree to disagree so stop whining.

This is what happens when you don't bother to understand the experiences and perspectives of others.

Funny how you say that. The other side could say the same as well.

"You have no idea of, or interest in, the experiences and perceptions of others, which makes you a model Trumpster."

I think you missed the mark there. There are a lot of people who couldn't care less about the experiences and perceptions of others, on both sides of the political aisle. And it ain't all that one-sided either.
Can't argue. In context, though, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Yeah, didn't think so.
I don't remember. I know that he and I have had disagreements on race issues.

You assume that everyone is a nutter like you. Some of us are willing to be honest and hold our side accountable.

Indeed. I wonder why you're so willing to behave like those you loathe.

You mean having an opinion and sticking by it? How awful of me. What's it like for you to play both sides and not stand for anything?

Brees folded like a bad Broadway play.

Welcome to your knees, Drew!
You think he folded instead of having the intelligence to realize he was wrong? So youre calling Brees a pussy but you wouldnt do it to his face.

That's a hypothetical; like the fable of runaway racism is!
Racism hasnt runaway. Its morphed, transitioned, and been repurposed several times but its always been here.

What's it like for you to play both sides and not stand for anything?
Oh, I love this one.

My specific stands on the issues are located in the link at the end of the second line of my sig. A thread in which I disembowel a Regressive Leftist.

Being an obedient sheep and falling in line with your tribe only demonstrates you lack integrity and balls.

Yeah, didn't think so.
I don't remember. I know that he and I have had disagreements on race issues.

You assume that everyone is a nutter like you. Some of us are willing to be honest and hold our side accountable.

I hold my side accountable all the time, but I'm going to call out bullshit whenever I see it, and I see tons of it coming from the left non-stop.

You mean having an opinion and sticking by it? How awful of me. What's it like for you to play both sides and not stand for anything?

I've been telling that pilgrim the same thing for years!

Forum List

Back