I smell grade A liberal bullshit

They would be better off with broad spectrum jammer for those than unleashing a phalanx on em.

I'm no expert but I know the system would have to be immune from common occurrences like large birds swooping in. So I guess it depends on the size of the drone. I think if it's anything big enough to do significant damage, I would say no.

A drone could be launched from a nearby vehicle with GPS coordinates for the Oval Office and be at the Whitehouse within seconds. Flying at inches off the ground it would be hard to detect
Depends on how close it could be launched from I suppose. Check this out. It's almost scary to see how fast it works.

I've seen the Phalanx....it kicks ass

I just wonder if it is designed to counter a low tech threat like a drone

They have drones the size of birds. Could it counter a flock of explosive birds being sent at the Whitehouse?

I suspect not. But those birds would have to be pretty big, plentiful and have some very high explosives in them.

A better alternative to shooting them down would be to jam the frequencies that drones operate on. But if each drone is programed with GPS target coordinates they would be fire and forget

sorry was typing mine at same time

I'm no expert but I know the system would have to be immune from common occurrences like large birds swooping in. So I guess it depends on the size of the drone. I think if it's anything big enough to do significant damage, I would say no.

A drone could be launched from a nearby vehicle with GPS coordinates for the Oval Office and be at the Whitehouse within seconds. Flying at inches off the ground it would be hard to detect
Depends on how close it could be launched from I suppose. Check this out. It's almost scary to see how fast it works.

I've seen the Phalanx....it kicks ass

I just wonder if it is designed to counter a low tech threat like a drone

They have drones the size of birds. Could it counter a flock of explosive birds being sent at the Whitehouse?

I suspect not. But those birds would have to be pretty big, plentiful and have some very high explosives in them.

A better alternative to shooting them down would be to jam the frequencies that drones operate on. But if each drone is programed with GPS target coordinates they would be fire and forget

GPS signals from satellites are very weak, and easily overpowered by a much stronger signal. I'm sure the White House has equipment to block any signals for a wide area around the Whitehouse grounds.

So a drone crashes on the Whitehouse lawn you say. Well it just so happens that a government employee has come forward to claim the drone as a simple recreational mistake.

End story right?
Hell no

Now chuck shummer is demanding the FAA step up their plans to put forth new regulations in response.

Step one: Create crisis
Step two: Take advantage of crisis
Step three: More freedoms gone

Remember liberals.....Drones are already illegal in D.C. And the White House is already a no-fly-zone. Yet this incident happened anyway. Rules have already worked so well, more will be even better!

Thats why I joined the party of no rules because if bad guys wont follow them...what good are they in the first place?

So a drone crashes on the Whitehouse lawn you say. Well it just so happens that a government employee has come forward to claim the drone as a simple recreational mistake.

End story right?
Hell no

Now chuck shummer is demanding the FAA step up their plans to put forth new regulations in response.

False flag/Black op. It's works. In the end? More power to the Feds -- less freedom for the People.

More reason to stay in your compound and keep that tinfoil hat tight.

You're an idiot if you don't believe that false flag events have been staged in the past.

She said the same damn thing I did you stupid fuck. She just worded it differently

Good god
Bullshit. Not at all the same.
Exactly the same. The only difference is you're too stupid to realize it.
Can't admit how wrong you are, can you? Doesn't matter. Everybody else can. Lying OP by a lying teabagger
Of course. That's why my posts are being thanked and yours aren't right?

Idiot
Don't get a big head over it. I've seen right wingers give thanks to smiley face emoticons.

Zackly. I've seen Special Ed and Steve McRacist get "thanks" so that's what that's worth.

Damn GMU, it's one thing to not be able to read what somebody else wrote; it's a whole 'nother level to not be able to read your own.

End story right?
Hell no

False flag/Black op. It's works. In the end? More power to the Feds -- less freedom for the People.

You're an idiot if you don't believe that false flag events have been staged in the past.

Of course they have but that doesn't mean every tinfoil hat that can be fitted looks good on it.

That's what Paul McCartney told me just before he died in 1966.

End story right?
Hell no

Your the one not using your fucking brains dude, dont you know fucking drones are cheap as hell and anyone can install guns on them? This is not military high tech dumb fuck, it is cheap. You could buy the stuff you need at a local hobby store and a pawn shop for under a grand.It was a accident

And to the poster who said they have missles or .50 caliber algreis or pheonix machine guns on the white house

Nope they dont
So what? I could mount a few guns to the top of my car too. You gonna do what exactly? Ban the gun? Ban the car? Create a law banning the mixing of the two?
Just because something is possible doesn't mean you need to create more laws.

I could drill a hole in the bathroom at Olive Garden and do god knows what. You gonna regulate the drill or the drill bit?

End story right?
Hell no

I was standing beside a woman who farted in a bookstore yesterday. Was that a "FALSE FLAG" too?

As far as I know, the FAA has not yet developed regulations for commercial drones. While it is illegal to fly them in DC since 9/11, there is no national set of regulations for them.

End story right?
Hell no

Let's be clear on what you are saying. Are you claiming a conspiracy in which the government employee was told to fly and crash his drone on the White House lawn in order to "Step one: Create crisis"?

End story right?
Hell no

Of course they have but that doesn't mean every tinfoil hat that can be fitted looks good on it.

That's what Paul McCartney told me just before he died in 1966.
I am the walrus.

So what? I could mount a few guns to the top of my car too. You gonna do what exactly? Ban the gun? Ban the car? Create a law banning the mixing of the two?

I would create a law that does not let you within a mile of the President of the United States with your macho-macho-macho man car, for one.

You know, common sense shit like that. And I use the term "common" very loosely.

Pack this baby with 25 lbs of C-4 and the White House is toast.

While this post is disturbing, to say the least, it does bring up a scary prospect.

Surely someone in security has thought of this possibility, I wonder what the plan is.

Who knows exactly what the plan might be, but you can bet the rent there is one.

Get real. The Secret Service can't even stop a shoe much less a radio-controlled scale model jet screaming in over the Mall at close to 600 mph. These things are approaching Mach 1 BTW -a "toy". The speed record was set in Austria in 2013: 586 mph. The wings come off so it'll fit in your minivan, and it's mostly graphite and rubber, thus it has a very ephemeral radar signature. Look at the beginning of the video again. This is a stealth jet, period. The SR-11 was the world's first stealth jet. Roger Knobel is the Dutch engineer who designed the scale model. He's at the controls in this video.

Like I said though, packed with C-4 it's a missile, one that could cause significant damage. They're expensive and difficult to build -this is almost a Tom Clancy scenario- but anyone who's determined to kill the president, is going to kill the president. Obama knows it, the Secret Service knows it, and the military knows it. It's a risk you inherit as the world's most powerful man.

The thing we should watch is how the president handles his ongoing paranoia. He's already added half again as many personnel to the Secret Service since the fence-jumper incidents. It's the largest Secret Service in American history, indicative of Obama's paranoia. He and the family probably don't even sleep in the White House any longer. There's a whole complex of comfortable bunkers beneath. How will the White House look in 2016? Will it have a concertina wire fence and 24/7 armed sentries patrolling the perimeter...with our little fuhrer tucked away deep in his bunker? I'd say the chances are really good.

Forum List

Back