I smell grade A liberal bullshit

The idiot was flying his drone at 3AM in an area he shouldn't. He crashed it in one of the most highly scrutinized areas in the country

Makes sense to try to prevent it from happenining again

So a drone crashes on the Whitehouse lawn you say. Well it just so happens that a government employee has come forward to claim the drone as a simple recreational mistake.

End story right?
Hell no

Now chuck shummer is demanding the FAA step up their plans to put forth new regulations in response.

Step one: Create crisis
Step two: Take advantage of crisis
Step three: More freedoms gone

Remember liberals.....Drones are already illegal in D.C. And the White House is already a no-fly-zone. Yet this incident happened anyway. Rules have already worked so well, more will be even better!
We'll see what happens to the person involved. If it's severe, I'll bet it doesn't happen again.

Pack this baby with 25 lbs of C-4 and the White House is toast.

While this post is disturbing, to say the least, it does bring up a scary prospect.

Surely someone in security has thought of this possibility, I wonder what the plan is.

I think there are Aegis machine guns like the ones on aircraft carriers atop the White House. They can stop missiles.

Privately owned drones are becoming increasingly popular

Like any new technology, there will be a growing period to learn where, when and how these aircraft can be flown. This is the first of many incidents we will see

That is a reasonable explanation. Nothing like your ridiculous claim that Schumer jumped on the crash to try to force some new unthought-of-before rules. Dumbass teabagger.
She said the same damn thing I did you stupid fuck. She just worded it differently

Good god
Bullshit. Not at all the same.
Exactly the same. The only difference is you're too stupid to realize it.
Can't admit how wrong you are, can you? Doesn't matter. Everybody else can. Lying OP by a lying teabagger
Of course. That's why my posts are being thanked and yours aren't right?

Idiot
Don't get a big head over it. I've seen right wingers give thanks to smiley face emoticons.

While this post is disturbing, to say the least, it does bring up a scary prospect.

Surely someone in security has thought of this possibility, I wonder what the plan is.

I think there are Aegis machine guns like the ones on aircraft carriers atop the White House. They can stop missiles.

Missiles are comparatively large targets. Drones pose a different challenge. We can only hope that effective counter measures have already been developed.

Missiles are comparatively large targets. Drones pose a different challenge. We can only hope that effective counter measures have already been developed.

I suspect that the drone in question had a radar signature about the size of a large bird. But that also means it could carry anything large enough to cause much damage.

I suspect that the drone in question had a radar signature about the size of a large bird. But that also means it could carry anything large enough to cause much damage.

Could a drone reach the Oval Office?

I'm no expert but I know the system would have to be immune from common occurrences like large birds swooping in. So I guess it depends on the size of the drone. I think if it's anything big enough to do significant damage, I would say no.

So a drone crashes on the Whitehouse lawn you say. Well it just so happens that a government employee has come forward to claim the drone as a simple recreational mistake.

End story right?
Hell no

Now chuck shummer is demanding the FAA step up their plans to put forth new regulations in response.

Your the one not using your fucking brains dude, dont you know fucking drones are cheap as hell and anyone can install guns on them? This is not military high tech dumb fuck, it is cheap. You could buy the stuff you need at a local hobby store and a pawn shop for under a grand.It was a accident

And to the poster who said they have missles or .50 caliber algreis or pheonix machine guns on the white house

Nope they dont

Last edited:

End story right?
Hell no

False flag/Black op. It's works. In the end? More power to the Feds -- less freedom for the People.

I'm no expert but I know the system would have to be immune from common occurrences like large birds swooping in. So I guess it depends on the size of the drone. I think if it's anything big enough to do significant damage, I would say no.

A drone could be launched from a nearby vehicle with GPS coordinates for the Oval Office and be at the Whitehouse within seconds. Flying at inches off the ground it would be hard to detect

End story right?
Hell no

False flag/Black op. It's works. In the end? More power to the Feds -- less freedom for the People.

More reason to stay in your compound and keep that tinfoil hat tight.

That's true. Someone on this board once said, if a drone flew over their property, they'd shoot it down. Chances are, however, if it was flown only a couple of hundred feet up, you'd never see or hear it.

I can not stand Obama polices, but I like him as a person, it was just a fucking accident and the secrete service has to protect our president.

A drone could be launched from a nearby vehicle with GPS coordinates for the Oval Office and be at the Whitehouse within seconds. Flying at inches off the ground it would be hard to detect
Depends on how close it could be launched from I suppose. Check this out. It's almost scary to see how fast it works.

I guess if anyone is an expert on bullshit, it would be you.
So you don't find this a bit odd?

Federal worker A crashes drone in violation of CURRENT LAW.

Then federal worker B insists on creating more laws?

Come the fuck on
You dumb shit. Schumer has been trying to get the FAA to release their rules on drones since at least last August. He made many remarks the need for those rules long before this instance. Of course he's going to remind them again when one crashes on the White House lawn. You act as if this is a new issue for him. It's not, and you are an idiot to try pretending it is.
Putting words in my mouth now? Where did I imply any of what you just said?

Stupid lying lib hack

umm... post 6, the word 'then'? Post 1, the word "now"? And "step 2"?

Is this a trick question?

The op is stupid simple.
Yes, you are.

Depends on how close it could be launched from I suppose. Check this out. It's almost scary to see how fast it works.

I've seen the Phalanx....it kicks ass

I just wonder if it is designed to counter a low tech threat like a drone

They have drones the size of birds. Could it counter a flock of explosive birds being sent at the Whitehouse?

They have drones the size of birds. Could it counter a flock of explosive birds being sent at the Whitehouse?

I suspect not. But those birds would have to be pretty big, plentiful and have some very high explosives in them.

I suspect not. But those birds would have to be pretty big, plentiful and have some very high explosives in them.

A better alternative to shooting them down would be to jam the frequencies that drones operate on. But if each drone is programed with GPS target coordinates they would be fire and forget

Forum List

Back