I Should Have an AR-15, but not YOU! Gun grabber speaks honestly

Springfield Armory
SAINT® VICTOR .308 AR-10 RIFLE

Suggested retail price: $1497 and well worth it.

View attachment 684325

I really don't care what the cop in the OP thinks.

Make the Cartridges Myself ... :auiqs.jpg:

52131975195_20afdd23d4_z.jpg

I am more of an FN guy, this is my latest .308

17312.jpg

Oh, nm, I see now that you said you made them yourself.

Yes

Hornady CX 150 gr .308 Interbond Polymere Tip Bullet
Sig Sauer .308 Winchester Brass and Remington Primer

41 gr IMR 4064 smokeless power (when sighted in at 200 meters)
40 gr IMR 4895 smokeless power (when sighted in at 100 meters)

The cartridges in the ziplock baggie pictured have all been chambered in the breech once during deer season.
I will inspect and gauge them again before returning them to service.

Yes

Hornady CX 150 gr .308 Interbond Polymere Tip Bullet
Sig Sauer .308 Winchester Brass and Remington Primer

41 gr IMR 4064 smokeless power (when sighted in at 200 meters)
40 gr IMR 4895 smokeless power (when sighted in at 100 meters)

The cartridges in the ziplock baggie pictured have all been chambered in the breech once during deer season.
I will inspect and gauge them again before returning them to service.

That's a good skillset to have. Reads like you know what you're doing.

This is my latest reply to gun a holics who brag about their new appendage. 🖕

Honestly speaking, and contrary to popular opinion, most folks don't really sit around dreaming about their weapons. The're usually locked up and just about the farthest thing from their minds.

Honestly speaking, and contrary to popular opinion, most folks don't really sit around dreaming about their weapons. The're usually locked up and just about the farthest thing from their minds.

That's true ... But they also like to talk to other shooters that are interested in the firearms and shooting ...
Because you generally don't get a chance to talk about it a lot without some dickhead making an ass of themselves for stupid reasons.

Some people can go to the range and get some input ... But myself, I can open the door and go shooting or hunting.
I don't go to the range often.

That's true ... But they also like to talk to other shooters that are interested in the firearms and shooting ...
Because you generally don't get a chance to talk about it a lot without some dickhead making an ass of themselves for stupid reasons.

Some people can go to the range and get some input ... But myself, I can open the door and go shooting or hunting.
I don't go to the range often.

Yeah. Know what you mean. That's how I grew up. Actually, the very first time I ever fired a weapon, I was standing at the front door. I was actually in the house. lol. There was nothing out there but a mountain anyway.

We have a few ranges close by here but last time I went, I took my bow on the 3-D field course, just tinkering around.

Platforms like this one, there's always gonna be someone with an opinion.

Imagine how ascared some folks might get if they saw one of these loaded with accessories. Heh heh.

Ah well. I'm gonna look for a movie. Have a good night, all.

That's a good skillset to have. Reads like you know what you're doing.

I honestly started doing it simply because I wondered whether or not I could do it.

You know me ... I will accept the challenge.
I learned a few things along the way ... Some stuff makes a difference, and you can make changes within parameters.

I still remember the first time I went to shoot some cartridges I loaded myself.
Everything went fine ... But the first time I squeezed the trigger, I was worried I was going to get a face full of shrapnel.

Since then, I have tinkered around with different loads and standard distances.
I am no pro or ate up like some technical loader junkies, that argue about shit all the time.

In the field ... The only round I made and shot that didn't go exactly where I wanted it to ...
Was at a deer, around 180 meters out, and it dropped 2" from where I intended it bullet to go.

But ... I was shooting from a tree stand, over my left shoulder, behind me, downhill and the deer was quartering towards me.
It's possible I just misjudged when he was stepping into it and punched the shot myself.
He took a step and was dead by the time he hit the ground either way.

The skillset may come in handy in a broader sense at some point ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
You’d never know it here. All they do is brag about it in their avatar and show pictures of their members.

I honestly started doing it simply because I wondered whether or not I could do it.

I learned a few things along the way ... Some stuff makes a difference, and you can make changes within parameters.

I still remember the first time I went to shoot some cartridges I loaded myself.
Everything went fine ... But the first time I squeezed the trigger, I was worried I was going to get a face full of shrapnel.

I am no pro or ate up like some technical loader junkies, that argue about shit all the time.

In the field ... The only round I made and shot that didn't go exactly where I wanted it to ...
Was at a deer, around 180 meters out, and it dropped 2" from where I intended it bullet to go.

But ... I was shooting from a tree stand, over my left shoulder, behind me, downhill and the deer was quartering towards me.
It's possible I just misjudged when he was stepping into it and punched the shot myself.

Those over the shoulder and behind the back shots'll come in handy for the zombie apocalypse. Practice doing it while on the run for bonus points. :113:

New Topics

Forum List

Back