I Served 25 Years in the Service - And this Asshole is Doing What?????

and yet who was it that started two ground wars for.... what exactly?

talk about viewing the military as expendable.

Since when did people of your ilk start caring about the military? I'm sure you've been on the phone all day with elected officials in outrage over Obama's proposed cuts to veteran's healthcare benefits, right?

people of my ilk? you don't know me, you don't know my situation.

i will tell you this - these cuts would directly affect me. i have no problem with them.

Why does one have to be 18, no family, to be an E-1?

Many E-1s have degrees, are in their 20s, are married have kids. You expect them to live in the barracks with their wives and kids? They either rent or have a mortgage.

Normally if you have the rank of E-1 you are in training and are seperated from your family. If you are at your reg duty station or deployed and have the rank of E-1 it is because you got an article 15 so, no tears for those people

Fine - I'll promote you to E-2.
Now you make a whopping $1671 base pay, before taxes.
Go out and buy yourself a Caddy with that.

So the govt should support golf?
Yeah Boner and Obama seem to think so.

and yet who was it that started two ground wars for.... what exactly?

talk about viewing the military as expendable.

Since when did people of your ilk start caring about the military? I'm sure you've been on the phone all day with elected officials in outrage over Obama's proposed cuts to veteran's healthcare benefits, right?

just as a side note, you can always tell when someone is losing badly when they drag out the *i* word.

true story

foist is a pretty good indicator as well

ilk :rofl:

True - if he's married, he gets a little extra to pay rent if living off base. Not much. And the government doesn't deliver food, diapers, and baby food. He pays for that out of that money. But, you knew that.

If you can't find the military pay chart I'd be happy to post it.

"a little"?

What military were you in?

Pope AFB where I spent the bulk of my time in the Air Force currently has a BAH rate of
$1023/mo for an E-1 with a dependent.

Pope AFB (Pope Field) Housing :: Pope AFB (Pope Field), NC Housing & Relocation Information

That money is TAX FREE.

I split a three bedroom apt with two other guys when I was an A1C and was splitting and $800/mo rent bill with them. I had money coming out my ears.

I posted Base Pay, not BHA. $1023 for food, rent is not a lot of money for a family. Sorry. Subtract $800 for rent from that, and what does that leave them?

Most families don't prefer "roommates" to split the rent.

You said they get "a little extra" to pay rent. A thousand bucks a month tax free isn't "a little extra". And the $1023 is just BAH. They get another $350 BAS, also tax free. That's pretty much $1400/mo extra each month.

They also happen to fall into the "no income tax" bracket so what they do pay in taxes up front they get all back and then some on the other end.

You said they get "a little extra" to pay rent. A thousand bucks a month tax free isn't "a little extra". And the $1023 is just BAH. They get another $350 BAS, also tax free. That's pretty much $1400/mo extra each month.

They also happen to fall into the "no income tax" bracket so what they do pay in taxes up front they get all back and then some on the other end.

That's not that much money for a family.
I don't understand how anyone could find that acceptable.
A pay raise under this administration would be a refreshing start.

they can always not re-up

strange but true

There's nothing stopping the spouse from dropping the children off at base day care and getting a job.

active duty military are fine. ideologically motivated veterans need to stfu with the hysterics

There are 22+million veterans in the U.S.
How do you expect to shut us up on election day?

there you go again...:lol:

Who said anything about veterans shutting up?

ideological misfits like you who hide behind being a veteran need to get a life. you volunteered, now stfu

Forum List

Back