I see no need to own a cast iron pan

If you had read the link I provided above or really knew anything about cast iron cookware, you wouldn't need to ask that question.
Gadfly, there is NO WAY I would ever own cast iron again. I have perfected my craft, and the tools I have are the best
Carbon Steel is the only choice.

Last edited:
Gadfly, there is NO WAY I would ever own cast iron again.
That was not the question, jackass. No one cares what you claim to cook with.

I have perfected my craft, and the tools I have are the best
So you claim. Funny you still have submitted nothing to substantiate your childish claims. Your only craft is bloviating bullshit. No one takes anything you say seriously anymore.

Carbon Steel is the only choice.
Carbon steel is the smallest market of cookware out there, so basically, what you are saying is that AveMaria, everyone else on this thread and 98% of the buying market out there are all wrong. What a jackass. :lmao:

That was not the question, jackass. No one cares what you claim to cook with.

So you claim. Funny you still have submitted nothing to substantiate your childish claims. Your only craft is bloviating bullshit. No one takes anything you say seriously anymore.

Carbon steel is the smallest market of cookware out there, so basically, what you are saying is that AveMaria, everyone else on this thread and 98% of the buying market out there are all wrong. What a jackass. :lmao:
Carbon steel pans — versatile, durable workhorses that can go from the stovetop to the oven and are easy to care for — are a staple in restaurant kitchens, and they're extremely popular.

Carbon steel pans are often the go-to choice for professional chefs and restaurants
, and for good reason.
fishing-swallog-gif.857638

p45a9.jpg

Carbon steel pans — versatile, durable workhorses that can go from the stovetop to the oven and are easy to care for — are a staple in restaurant kitchens, and they're extremely popular.

What would you know? You don't even know that carbon steel cookware is a mild steel or a plain steel, then you claim you own a bunch that at the price you claim, isn't half the cost of what truly homemade cookware actually costs? Then you stress that it is made of virgin steel yet don't know what if any value that is, much less the grade of steel and refuse to include any photos or details, while trying to deflect by playing childish leftist games.

Why do I get the feeling that your true kitchen set up looks a lot more like this?

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.70c18ac5965aa2226e2b3b125d9caaf0?rik=UmuhzY%2fcGj6Cww&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jikonitaste.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2020%2f09%2fNostalgia-family-size-appliance-1024x636.jpg&ehk=jyE7%2fmAzMEgymCEHiX0cmdQZmSZHpB%2fjEFk80rmmrWc%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

You have no credibility here, assquack.

What would you know? You don't even know that carbon steel cookware is a mild steel or a plain steel, then you claim you own a bunch that at the price you claim, isn't half the cost of what truly homemade cookware actually costs? Then you stress that it is made of virgin steel yet don't know what if any value that is, much less the grade of steel and refuse to include any photos or details, while trying to deflect by playing childish leftist games.

Why do I get the feeling that your true kitchen set up looks a lot more like this?

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.70c18ac5965aa2226e2b3b125d9caaf0?rik=UmuhzY%2fcGj6Cww&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jikonitaste.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2020%2f09%2fNostalgia-family-size-appliance-1024x636.jpg&ehk=jyE7%2fmAzMEgymCEHiX0cmdQZmSZHpB%2fjEFk80rmmrWc%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

You have no credibility here, assquack.
Gadfly has no idea what he is talking about.
:itsok: someday he will graduate.

p45a9.jpg

Says the proven fraud liar simp with his non-existent homemade virgin plain steel cookware he hopes to be buried with along with his non-extistent component modular jet set kitchen. :auiqs.jpg:
fishing-swallog-gif.857638

:up:

Last edited:
Jackass, I said I understood metallurgy. I said I never owned or used any carbon steel pans which is why I asked. None of what you say would matter if the metal had been treated to resist acids.
Nope. You've been playing the know-it-all this whole time, then here you are asking a very fundamental question that anyone who knows about cookware understands.... duh, does carbon steel react to acidic foods?

Heh, ignorant.

Your cookware probably came from Sears.
Do you really think this is an effective insult? I haven't bought anything from Sears in over a decade but I imagine you can order both quality and junk cookware of all materials via Sears. Your pea brain can only generate comments of this quality, it is pathetic coming from a grown man.

Between you and the other clown, we sure do have two people awfully insecure with a lot hung up on their own cookware
No, the insecure ones are those listing their resume when they realize they can't hold their own in a disagreement. Like you thinking announcing you're a retired electrical engineer is a trump card, when your comments clearly give away how naive you are.

You two are much like the far left LGBTQ community each rah-rahing for the Hamas while these very same people
Again the kneejerk political reaction that makes no sense in this discussion. If I was in some far left LGBTQ community, do you think it would bother me that you told me so? It makes no sense. The problem is you're such a shallow thinker that you are forced to result to attacks that are illogical in the context of the discussion.

the problem is that you and the other assclown both think that just because you like stainless or plain steel, that this has to be the only best choice for everyone else here as well
Never said what is best for anyone to cook with.

Pointing out the flaws of a certain type of cookware is not synonymous with saying nobody should use it, every cookware has pluses and minuses.

This would probably be at least your 5th or 6th attempt to attack a Straw Man, like anyone who has this habit you keep going for this because you are know you cannot respond to what is actually being argued.

AveMarica not sure if you saw, gadfly got triggered last night and had a meltdown. Now he claims some $345 cast iron pan is the best pan in the world. He can't tell you why :eusa_boohoo:
He's very frustrated because he came rolling into this thread throwing insults and trying to play the expert but the more he talked the more he got caught exposing that he doesn't really know anything on the subject. Just a frustrated blowhard who got embarrassed and is trying to make as much noise as possible to distract from it.

Nope. You've been playing the know-it-all this whole time, then here you are asking a very fundamental question

Here's a fundamental question: how did you become such a colossal jackass in life always lying and trying to spin stuff after presenting those worthless IR pictures which each contradicted the other? Nor did they give a base comparison to other types of cookware or brands for contrast. Instead of 50 posts attacking popular and widely used cast iron and anyone pointing out their strengths, all you had to say is that you don't prefer it or have not had good results with it in your own cooking, asshole.

Two high functioning autistics who know so little about cookware that they can't even accept the obvious attractions to cast iron because they have some unmet need to win every argument while justifying their own cooking choices in their otherwise empty lives.

Off to IGGY with you too, I have no time to waste on collosal assholes.

Here's a fundamental question: how did you become such a colossal jackass in life always lying and trying to spin stuff after presenting those worthless IR pictures which each contradicted the other? Nor did they give a base comparison to other types of cookware or brands for contrast. Instead of 50 posts attacking popular and widely used cast iron and anyone pointing out their strengths, all you had to say is that you don't prefer it or have not had good results with it in your own cooking, asshole.

Two high functioning autistics who know so little about cookware that they can't even accept the obvious attractions to cast iron because they have some unmet need to win every argument while justifying their own cooking choices in their otherwise empty lives.

Off to IGGY with you too, I have no time to waste on collosal assholes.
GFY

p45a9.jpg

He's very frustrated because he came rolling into this thread throwing insults and trying to play the expert but the more he talked the more he got caught exposing that he doesn't really know anything on the subject. Just a frustrated blowhard who got embarrassed and is trying to make as much noise as possible to distract from it.
Gadfly doesn't own any cookware. He eats sandwiches and tv dinners. He eats off paper plates and uses plastic utensils.
Gadfly is a total loser.

Nope, I just asked why I needed it. Which led to you repeatedly embarrassing yourself, and repeatedly attacking various strawman arguments you manufactured for me.

Two high functioning autistics who know so little about cookware
Says the guy who so recently had to ask whether carbon steel is reactive to acidic ingredients, something anyone who knows about cookware would know. Icing on the cake = you were asking the person you are now saying knows little about cookware.

Self-owned again.

Well what does everyone think about Tupperware? :popcorn:
Buy 10 packs of microwave safe plastic twist-top deli containers in three sizes 8oz, 16oz, and 32oz. They are cheaper than tupperware, secure really well, and the different sizes all share the same lid so no more lid hunting. You can even afford to lose a few lids and be still in the game.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 4.03.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-16 4.03.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-16 4.03.24 PM.png

Forum List

Back