I received a paypal debit card at my address with someone else's name on it.

It's no good if you don't have the PIN or money in the account. The post office put it in the wrong mailbox
No, I wasn't clear my B. The letter contained the debit card made out to some guy printed with my street address.

If I were you, I would take a good hard look under the front porch. You may have a homeless living under there with good credit. Maybe he can put you on his payroll.

It's no good if you don't have the PIN or money in the account. The post office put it in the wrong mailbox
No, I wasn't clear my B. The letter contained the debit card made out to some guy printed with my street address.

If I were you, I would take a good hard look under the front porch. You may have a homeless living under there with good credit. Maybe he can put you on his payroll.
Nowhere to hide up on this hill. Try again.

At first I thought it was a fraud attempt, but why would someone do that with a debit card? The person would have to fund it. Just curious if this happened to anyone. I tried contacting Paypal, but they have no fraud hotline and their phone wait times are ridiculous. Just wondering if anyone has seen this sort of thing.

Sorry, but that makes no sense.
Paypal has a fraud hotline email site, so there is no need to use the phone.
And for you to get a card, there has to be a return address as well.
Should be easy to deal with.
And of course it would be illegal to actually use a debit card with the name of someone else.

Anyway, Paypal itself does not issue debit cards.
The PayPal Credit account that issues debit card is issued by Synchrony Bank.
PayPal Credit at Synchrony Bank is located at 170 Election Road, Suite 125, Draper, Utah, 84020
801-816-4778

Last edited:
At first I thought it was a fraud attempt, but why would someone do that with a debit card? The person would have to fund it. Just curious if this happened to anyone. I tried contacting Paypal, but they have no fraud hotline and their phone wait times are ridiculous. Just wondering if anyone has seen this sort of thing.

And of course it would be illegal to actually use a debit card with the name of someone else.

PayPal Credit at Synchrony Bank is located at 170 Election Road, Suite 125, Draper, Utah, 84020
801-816-4778
Thanks for the info. This card I received is a Paypal mastercard debit card that has to be funded it's not a credit card. It is issued by Bancorp Bank. The PayPal form letter the card was attached to had some guys' name and my home address. I still think it is a screw up at PayPal. There is no benefit to a fraudster.

801-816-4778
Thanks for the info. This card I received is a Paypal mastercard debit card that has to be funded it's not a credit card. It is issued by Bancorp Bank. The PayPal form letter the card was attached to had some guys' name and my home address. I still think it is a screw up at PayPal. There is no benefit to a fraudster.

Not familiar with Paypal issuing Mastercard debit cards.
But as you say, it is not funded by the anyone but the person, so seems useless?

Forum List

Back