I Never Saw Maris....

....but I didn't miss this one:

And the answer to a future trivia question:

Tim Mayza

Seventh inning.

9/28/2022

Yep, great to see Judge hit it and hope he gets 62 also.
I was lucky enough to have Roger Maris become a Cardinal for a couple of years in the 60s and watch him play at Sportsman's Park. He had lost some of that pop but still banged a few homeruns.

Roger Maris was my favorite player when I was a kid. Nice to see his family taking an interest in the game. Congrats to Judge for making it I am sure he will break it before the season is over. I was too young to remember Maris on the Yankees but enjoyed watching him play with the Cards.

Congrats to Aaron Judge on tying the AL home run record!

I don’t think he has any chance of setting the all time record though.. straight from MLB.com

Attachments

• 688817F0-39B1-46E6-B7B1-9EA039E1CBEB.png
    688817F0-39B1-46E6-B7B1-9EA039E1CBEB.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to Aaron Judge on tying the AL home run record!

I don’t think he has any chance of setting the all time record though.. straight from MLB.com

No true baseball fan pays attention to the names McGwire, Sosa or Bonds.

They were a disgrace to the game, and the fact that none of them will ever get into the Hall of Fame serves as testament to that...

Did anyone else, watching the event, wish that a fan had caught the ball???

Those two guys were so close.....it landed in the Jays bull pen.

Interesting that the homerun king of the American league has the biblical name, Aaron....brother of Moses.....and there ar three Aaron's on the Yankees.

Did you know that baseball is the only sport mentioned in the Old Testament?

"Babe Ruth, a giant of American pop culture a century after he ruled the baseball diamond, astounded the sports world when he swatted his 60th home run for the New York Yankees on this day in history, Sept. 30, 1927.

His achievement still stuns sports fans today.

"Babe Ruth’s 60 home runs hit in 1927 remains a monumental benchmark in the sport’s history," the National Baseball Hall of Fame writes, noting that the ball the Sultan of Swat hit with the record swing resides in Cooperstown today. "

1664545596169.png

Forum List

Back