I love this image.

I just realized Merkel was pissed with Trump because he was blocking Nord Stream. And the left claimed Trump was Putin's stooge? We see now the true stooges are Merkel and Biden.

Why is the demand high and supply low all of the sudden?
What do you call sudden? It's been going up for the past few months.
Honestly? Don't follow the reasons why. At a guess I would say a lot of places are ramping up production after COVID. Car makers etc. Is the part where you saying demand is high in China?

What do you call sudden? It's been going up for the past few months.
Honestly? Don't follow the reasons why. At a guess I would say a lot of places are ramping up production after COVID. Car makers etc. Is the part where you saying demand is high in China?
Nope. Thanks for playing. But you can teach me about trade LOL.

There are two reasons, but I don't really know which one tickles my fancy. It's either because Merkel looks like a school teacher telling off a little boy, or it's Trump's defiant-looking "I-don't-give-a-shit" attitude. Then there is the secondary players like the Japanese Prime Minister. It's like he's looking at Merkel and thinking, "do you best, I've tried", or "I told you so, there's no getting through to him". God knows what Bolton is saying. The guy on the left looks like a priest about to give the last rites. Who to, I don't know.

Anyway, Merkel bows out. I know conservative Americans hate her, but she will go down as one of the leading lights of democracy. One of the few Western leaders who stood up to Putin and didn't take shit from Britain when it hit the Brexit button.
View attachment 541606
This is quite old, and has been talked about - including from Merkels office - that the photo shows nohting.

How? France uses nuclear power in the main. Who else is being screwed and how?
It props up Russian and gives them a tool to use against Europe.

"We view this project exclusively through the prism of security and consider it a dangerous geopolitical weapon of the Kremlin," Zelenskyy said.

He added that the main risks will be "borne by Ukraine" but that the pipeline will also be dangerous "for all of Europe" as it will "play into the hands of the Russian Federation," he said.

Nope. Thanks for playing. But you can teach me about trade LOL.
Where did I say I could teach you? You said, you could teach me. So now aluminium prices are the be-all and end-all of trade. I do not know the intricacies of trade as in what each individual commodity is doing, but I know how trade works. There is a difference. You do know that, right?

Where did I say I could teach you? You said, you could teach me. So now aluminium prices are the be-all and end-all of trade. I do not know the intricacies of trade as in what each individual commodity is doing, but I know how trade works. There is a difference. You do know that, right?
So why do you think then they Trump was incorrect in his desire for “fair trade”?

There are two reasons, but I don't really know which one tickles my fancy. It's either because Merkel looks like a school teacher telling off a little boy, or it's Trump's defiant-looking "I-don't-give-a-shit" attitude.

I love the image too. It hearkens back to a time recently when our president was an alpha male who still called the shots around the world, in the entire room, and America held the trump cards (sorry) and everything either began or ended with US.

Now we are faced with a president other countries call an imbecile, other countries now yank their ambassadors from, a leader who asks permission to speak and what to talk about from a subordinate, and gets shouted down when he tries to speak before his handlers have approved his script.

It is an old picture that only makes something look like something.
If you have watched Trump much at all, then you will remember he commonly folds his arms up. If you look at old videos with him in the oval office and jovial even... his arms are crossed. It is a habit.
My point is a single photo can so easily misrepresent a situation.

Forum List

Back