I Hope You Have Stored Enough Rice And Beans To Last For Awhile....Because Democrats Are Cutting Off Our Meat Supply

Texas has a cold snap and all of the sudden meat is in short supply here in Tennessee.
Everything seems to trigger idiots into hoarding food or toilet paper.
Meat is in short supply now....for some strange reason.

I'm sure some Dummycrap will come on here and give a rational explanation of why Burger King ran out of frozen Whopper Patties yesterday.

So I hope you've stored up some food....because the Democrats are cutting off our food sources and blaming it on Trump or some sort of natural disaster.

Just another step on the way to communism.

Stay warm and well fed out there.

In the event of such shortages we will hunt deer and wild boar. We have two chest freezers full of meat, cured smoked hams hanging in the basement, and lots of deer, beef and lamb jerky in vacuum sealed bags. In the event we lose power and run out of generator fuel, there's a spring fed creek nearby where we can keep perishable food, catch live bait and get water. There's also a large lake within a few miles full of small schooling fish such as yellow and white perch and freshwater mussels.

In the event of an extended power outage/grocery store food shortage we will live on highly nutritious soups, which can be made from dried and jerked meats, canned vegetables, etc. and go very far in numbers of servings. We can cook on the wood stove, the propane grill on our deck or the tandoori oven I bought for my wife a couple of years back. In the spring we can plant a bit of everything in our garden and have separate potato and spice gardens. Along with a couple of apple and cherry trees, our diets will be rounded out quite well.

I would think you'd be out in the mountains out there hunting up a storm in the event of food shortages.

I guess I'm glad the problems in Texas don't appear to be affecting grocery stores here . . . yet. What the hell would I hunt in Phoenix? Coyote?

Awesome stuff. Just hide it in your cart under the eggs or something so the other boys don't tease you.
No, no, no, no...I do not like it.

Give me some of the old veggie burgers anyday...they're pretty good. They don't taste like hamburger, but I eat them from time to time.

If I want a hamburger...that fake stuff just doesn't make the cut.

Besides, we have chickens, I don't buy eggs...and I use the beef to cover my yarn and sewing fabric so the other boys don't tease me. :eusa_whistle:

The other day I had a set of single tracks . This fucker came in and left in the same set of tracks. Talk about stealth. That fucker is going to be tough. To get.

That's bad. I hate to put down coyotes...but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Here coyotes aren't the problem...it's foxes and feral cats.

So far fortifications and limited trapping have kept them at bay.
Coyotes kind of take care of the feral cats. I find Fox tracks every now and then none lately though. Ten years ago I did not have much of a Coyote problem. They made a come back. I am not fond of killing them either but they get in my shit. I hunt to eat or protect my things. I say a prayer over everything I kill including fish. I just don't wanna be a hypocrite. I can't see letting some one do all the dirty work while I eat meat. I can't say I don't enjoy hunting and fishing because I do. Hell it is my primary source of income these days. I spent a good many years in an office. It made me sick inside. I just need to be in nature these days. I can not tell you what it has done for my soul to live more like the old days. No way I can go back to an office.

Awesome stuff. Just hide it in your cart under the eggs or something so the other boys don't tease you.
No, no, no, no...I do not like it.

Give me some of the old veggie burgers anyday...they're pretty good. They don't taste like hamburger, but I eat them from time to time.

If I want a hamburger...that fake stuff just doesn't make the cut.

Besides, we have chickens, I don't buy eggs...and I use the beef to cover my yarn and sewing fabric so the other boys don't tease me. :eusa_whistle:
I haven't tried the Impossible Burger yet, but the Beyond Meat is very good. Don't let your prejudices determine what you do.

Texas has a cold snap and all of the sudden meat is in short supply here in Tennessee.

I'm sure some Dummycrap will come on here and give a rational explanation of why Burger King ran out of frozen Whopper Patties yesterday.

So I hope you've stored up some food....because the Democrats are cutting off our food sources and blaming it on Trump or some sort of natural disaster.

In the event of such shortages we will hunt deer and wild boar. We have two chest freezers full of meat, cured smoked hams hanging in the basement, and lots of deer, beef and lamb jerky in vacuum sealed bags. In the event we lose power and run out of generator fuel, there's a spring fed creek nearby where we can keep perishable food, catch live bait and get water. There's also a large lake within a few miles full of small schooling fish such as yellow and white perch and freshwater mussels.

In the event of an extended power outage/grocery store food shortage we will live on highly nutritious soups, which can be made from dried and jerked meats, canned vegetables, etc. and go very far in numbers of servings. We can cook on the wood stove, the propane grill on our deck or the tandoori oven I bought for my wife a couple of years back. In the spring we can plant a bit of everything in our garden and have separate potato and spice gardens. Along with a couple of apple and cherry trees, our diets will be rounded out quite well.

I would think you'd be out in the mountains out there hunting up a storm in the event of food shortages.

I guess I'm glad the problems in Texas don't appear to be affecting grocery stores here . . . yet. What the hell would I hunt in Phoenix? Coyote?

Rabbit, squirrel, mule deer, whitetail deer . . . to name a few, according to the inter-webs.

Texas has a cold snap and all of the sudden meat is in short supply here in Tennessee...damn democrats..(chuckle)

Rabbit, squirrel, mule deer, whitetail deer . . . to name a few, according to the inter-webs.

Not in Phoenix, you can't.

No worries for me.... I get all of my meat from butcher shop that gets all of their meat within a 100 mile radius.
I have absolutely zero interest in the Frankenmeat from any southern state

One big indicator should have been when the Obummer admin allowed the purchase of the largest pork producer in the US by WH Brands of China. Their brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki® in addition to Bar S, Oscar Meyer, Jimmie Dean and many more. Next time you shop, notice that even cheap cuts of meat and hamburger are near $5/lb. Lots of cheap pork and chicken though. Keep an eye on pork and chicken prices and availability as you notice more and more "plant-based" offerings. Grab yourself a cow and twenty acres and grow your own.

Good...already in Con-spiracy Theories where it belongs.

You'll have to get the coyote in between his runs bringing illegals across the border. But look at the bright side, you can eat horny toads, gila monsters, rattlers, peccary and road runners. Mmm Mmm.

You have yet to prove any communist run anything in Texass....
What other possible reason could there be?
Knowing Texicans like I do they walk around bragging about themselves but when the shit hits the fan they fall flat on their faces....
What is it with Texans?

I remember in the Navy, the loudest and most obnoxious of people almost always seemed to be the Texans.
Yeah....must be the water.

No problem in my neighborhood. We have a homeless problem.

You can always trap the neighborhood dog and cat population.

One big indicator should have been when the Obummer admin allowed the purchase of the largest pork producer in the US by WH Brands of China. Their brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki® in addition to Bar S, Oscar Meyer, Jimmie Dean and many more. Next time you shop, notice that even cheap cuts of meat and hamburger are near $5/lb. Lots of cheap pork and chicken though. Keep an eye on pork and chicken prices and availability as you notice more and more "plant-based" offerings. Grab yourself a cow and twenty acres and grow your own.

I have actually noticed that beef - even fatty hamburger - has been quite pricey lately. I often find myself standing in the butcher's section of the market, saying, "Were they famous cows? Should I ask for their autograph before I eat them?"

Democrats want to control Texas.....so expect more the this nonsense in the next few years.
They stopped the wall construction....they weakened the electric grid thru regulation....and now they're paying illegals to come to Texas to change the voter demographics.
It's California.....Texas style.

Actually, the Texas power grid was weakened because of little to no regulation (I live in Texas). And, during this cold snap when the power went out, because of the independent energy companies out here, they couldn't get power from other states, as the TX grid is a stand alone kind of thing.

Not only that, but now there are people here who are seeing their electric bills spike from 200/mo. to up to 17,000. That also is because of TX not wanting to regulate much concerning power.

You'll have to get the coyote in between his runs bringing illegals across the border. But look at the bright side, you can eat horny toads, gila monsters, rattlers, peccary and road runners. Mmm Mmm.

I have no objection to shooting those sorts of coyotes, but I probably draw the line at eating them. Gila monsters are a protected species, and the government will be all up in your shit if you so much as move the little bastards when they turn up in your yard. Apparently, you are supposed to move and leave the house to the Gila monster. I think the same goes for javelina.

You can always trap the neighborhood dog and cat population.

Ewww!!! I like dogs and cats. Better than I do humans, in fact.

Forum List

Back