I Hear Texas Will Be Turning Blue Soon

My answer is soft social “sciences”.
How did you arrive at that answer? Empiric evidence or just making shit up?
I presume you don’t have many discussions with your friend’s children who are graduates.
The Internet has created a generation of salespeople with no particular hard skills.
My friends children are in grade school. I’m one of those medical students who paid off their loans. Real hard science kind of stuff.

I still want to do what’s right for the planet.

Salespeople have a tremendous amount of skill. So do public relations. They do things I could never do which is why I chose not to denigrate their work.

So in your view 75mil should shut the fuck up? Is that what you’re saying? Where does it say that majority of votes matter? Who won more states?

You do remind me that 75 million votes do not matter. 81 million votes do not matter. The number of states, do not matter.

Electoral votes matter. At least they mattered to Republicans in 2016.

306 Biden
232 Trump

All that matters, If 38 EVs from Texas go Blue......It will REALLY matter
You’re not answering my question.
That IS the answer to your question
Popular vote does not mean shit. Anyone who celebrated Trumps win in 2016 knows that.

Electoral Votes decide the Presidency.
To get to 270, Republicans need to take back four of.......Arizona,Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Tough to do

If Texas goes BLUE, it is game over
I 100% agree. The country likes going leftist Transocrat, who am I to stop it? One party rule it is. Yay!
It is what it is

If Republicans are turning off voters in once solidly Red States like Arizona, Georgia and now Texas........
You reap what you sow

They need to do something about the erosion of their voter base and blaming the media and stolen elections is not the answer.
What would you do differently? You're asking people to give up their core beliefs. Not very easy. The Democratic Party has gone very far left. So far that they have alienated me even for the most part.

If I were Republicans, I would re-examine my core beliefs.
Fiscal Responsibility does not equate to slashing taxes at every opportunity.
Free trade is a core belief, Tariffs are not
Support a strong defense not global wars
Start to be socially responsible.
Hating gays does not win you friends these days
Alienating minorities does not help in the long run.
Republicans are losing the next generation of voters.

Basically, separate your party from the nutjob extremists
But Democrats embrace nut jobs like Tlaib and AOC and it wins them votes. I think what you suggest is a lot harder than it looks on the surface. What the Democrats do well is garner the media and colleges on their side of progressivism and more they give away and vilify the rich the better. The mega rich don't care, the poor don't care but the middle class (me) suffers. I really don't want to give up my core belief that men may not simply identify as women. That I like small Gov't. That America is not systemically racist. If the Dems would acquiesce to those three then I could live with higher taxes, UH and stricter gun laws but would you concur that the Democrats do not want to and will not compromise at all?

So in your view 75mil should shut the fuck up? Is that what you’re saying? Where does it say that majority of votes matter? Who won more states?

You do remind me that 75 million votes do not matter. 81 million votes do not matter. The number of states, do not matter.

306 Biden
232 Trump

Popular vote does not mean shit. Anyone who celebrated Trumps win in 2016 knows that.

To get to 270, Republicans need to take back four of.......Arizona,Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Tough to do

I 100% agree. The country likes going leftist Transocrat, who am I to stop it? One party rule it is. Yay!
It is what it is

If Republicans are turning off voters in once solidly Red States like Arizona, Georgia and now Texas........
You reap what you sow

They need to do something about the erosion of their voter base and blaming the media and stolen elections is not the answer.
What would you do differently? You're asking people to give up their core beliefs. Not very easy. The Democratic Party has gone very far left. So far that they have alienated me even for the most part.

But Democrats embrace nut jobs like Tlaib and AOC and it wins them votes. I think what you suggest is a lot harder than it looks on the surface. What the Democrats do well is garner the media and colleges on their side of progressivism and more they give away and vilify the rich the better. The mega rich don't care, the poor don't care but the middle class (me) suffers. I really don't want to give up my core belief that men may not simply identify as women. That I like small Gov't. That America is not systemically racist. If the Dems would acquiesce to those three then I could live with higher taxes, UH and stricter gun laws but would you concur that the Democrats do not want to and will not compromise at all?

Talib and AOC represent small Congressional Districts. Democrats, as a whole, have not embraced their views. Same goes for Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren. their political views are not mainstreamed by Democrats.

Joe Biden is a moderate. He ran from the middle

Democrats do not fear the wrath of Biden like Republicans fear the wrath of Trump

306 Biden
232 Trump

Tough to do

It is what it is

You reap what you sow

I agree, but Trump actually did better just fine with hispanic males
The Latino vote (theweek.com)

would you concur that the Democrats do not want to and will not compromise at all?

The days of political compromise are gone.
Repubs worked with Clinton and got things done
Dems worked with Bush and got things done

Once Obama came in, there was no compromise. Mitch McConnell made sure of that. Trump did not ask for compromise and received none.

Biden is a wheeler dealer from way back. But our political climate no longer allows it.

306 Biden
232 Trump

Tough to do

It is what it is

You reap what you sow

W Bush did great with the Hispanic vote
Republicans have moved away from that

would you concur that the Democrats do not want to and will not compromise at all?

The days of political compromise are gone.
Repubs worked with Clinton and got things done
Dems worked with Bush and got things done

Once Obama came in, there was no compromise. Mitch McConnell made sure of that. Trump did not ask for compromise and received none.

Biden is a wheeler dealer from way back. But our political climate no longer allows it.
I still wonder whether McConnell's motivation of no compromise is because of a fear of the new democratic response to the gop's economic agenda of making sure the 1% pay less a % of their income in taxes as do workers. The dems tied spending in Obamacare directly to tax hikes. The gop prevailed in rolling back the taxes, but not the law.

I'd be pleased as bunch to hike taxes on people owning the companies that ship goods across oceans and highways to build two more lanes on I-95 and at least one on I-20 ... exclusively for cars ... and deepening ports for McConnell's father in laws new and bigger ships

My answer is soft social “sciences”.
How did you arrive at that answer? Empiric evidence or just making shit up?
I presume you don’t have many discussions with your friend’s children who are graduates.
The Internet has created a generation of salespeople with no particular hard skills.
My friends children are in grade school. I’m one of those medical students who paid off their loans. Real hard science kind of stuff.

I still want to do what’s right for the planet.

Salespeople have a tremendous amount of skill. So do public relations. They do things I could never do which is why I chose not to denigrate their work.
People in PR today tend to be Liberals and most don’t make much money a scant few years into the career.

306 Biden
232 Trump

Tough to do

It is what it is

You reap what you sow

Overt Open Borders GW?

306 Biden
232 Trump

Tough to do

It is what it is

You reap what you sow

Overt Open Borders GW?
The point of the link was that many latinos, and esp latino men, don't support illegal immigration. They also don't support things like defunding police

People in PR today tend to be Liberals and most don’t make much money a scant few years into the career.
That doesn’t mean they aren’t valuable or they don’t have important skill sets.

People of all political persuasions have all sorts of degree.

Now, are you basing your opinion on data or your biased opinions?

Are you able to share this data?
Nope.
But I must admit 99% of my friends are Jews.
The other 1% are the non-Jews from work who tell me the same tale.
The PR kids without hard math degrees don’t tend to have long careers.
Yeah, I wouldn’t base too many assumptions on a non-random sample. The people I know with hard science degrees are overwhelmingly Democratic, but again wouldn’t base too many assumptions.

People with hard science degrees might tend to believe in anthropogenic climate change, for example and we know how the Republican Party feels about that.

Nope.
Yeah, I wouldn’t base too many assumptions on a non-random sample. The people I know with hard science degrees are overwhelmingly Democratic, but again wouldn’t base too many assumptions.

People with hard science degrees might tend to believe in anthropogenic climate change, for example and we know how the Republican Party feels about that.
The people you know, I would presume, tend to be Liberals because Liberals cannot tolerate dissenting opinions.
I associate with centrist Democrats and Conservatives who are not neo-Cons.
We have lots of differences of opinion and no one walks away.

Nope.

The people you know, I would presume, tend to be Liberals because Liberals cannot tolerate dissenting opinions.
I love dissenting opinions, why else would I frequent a board like this? These are just the people in proximity to me. They all have hard science degrees and there’s only a few who are very conservative and even then almost zero Trump supporters.

There used to be more conservatives, but I’ve noticed a drift away in my own personal experience too.

Nope.

I love dissenting opinions, why else would I frequent a board like this? These are just the people in proximity to me. They all have hard science degrees and there’s only a few who are very conservative and even then almost zero Trump supporters.

There used to be more conservatives, but I’ve noticed a drift away in my own personal experience too.
I hope they are abandoning the Reagan school of fucking their fellow Americans.

Nope.

I hope they are abandoning the Reagan school of fucking their fellow Americans.
I don't see much of Reagan in today's gop .... besides structural budget deficits (although Reagan was out of office before the soviets "demised) (-:

306 Biden
232 Trump

Tough to do

It is what it is

You reap what you sow

Overt Open Borders GW?

Republicans have lost the Hispanic vote, to go along with the Black and minority vote they have lost for a long time.
They are losing more among women and young voters.

Their old, white, male base is eroding.

Their response to eroding demographics is voter suppression and blaming the media and stolen elections

Forum List

Back