I have some personal issues . And I feel I need to get them back

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Way back when I pregnant with my first child. I would drink a gallon of milk a day. It was like a posest and he was a very healthy baby but he wrecked havic on my teeth.After serveral years to the dentist my dentist felt I need to get dentures on my top teeth. Now fast forward 23 years. my bottom teeth are giving me havoc .. Again my dentist feels no matter how he tried h I will also need dentures on my bottom teeth. I am scared. I never thought at the age of 46 I would have a mouth of dentures. I am devastaed. So so time next month I will go to the dentist and then a oral surgery to get the procedure done. I am happy that maybe after 20 plus years I might have a nice smile. My problem is I heard horror stories of the bottom dentures. I am getting the implants so they stay in place i am scare of the cost but I do not want to be toothless my whole life. Help please tell me im not alone. please do not make frun of me. THe bottom teeth went to lack of nutrients due to my gastric bypass. I am sad and about to cry. I need support and not negative comments .THank you:eusa_pray:

Way back when I pregnant with my first child. I would drink a gallon of milk a day. It was like a posest and he was a very healthy baby but he wrecked havic on my teeth.After serveral years to the dentist my dentist felt I need to get dentures on my top teeth. Now fast forward 23 years. my bottom teeth are giving me havoc .. Again my dentist feels no matter how he tried h I will also need dentures on my bottom teeth. I am scared. I never thought at the age of 46 I would have a mouth of dentures. I am devastaed. So so time next month I will go to the dentist and then a oral surgery to get the procedure done. I am happy that maybe after 20 plus years I might have a nice smile. My problem is I heard horror stories of the bottom dentures. I am getting the implants so they stay in place i am scare of the cost but I do not want to be toothless my whole life. Help please tell me im not alone. please do not make frun of me. THe bottom teeth went to lack of nutrients due to my gastric bypass. I am sad and about to cry. I need support and not negative comments .THank you:eusa_pray:

I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. Think of how wonderful it will be to smile with ease. Both my parents lost their teeth early due to medication and smoking. It was a huge deal for my dad. Eventually, he adjusted.

Of course, you're not alone. I'm wondering if you were to google dentures and teeth if you'd find a forum that may specifically address your concerns.

Take care of yourself.

sky

i have a friend who had tooth implants for all of her upper and lower teeth ......and she says it's the best thing she has ever done for her health and self esteem !!she can eat what she want's ,smile without feeling self conscious , and sleeps better at night!!

your smile will look better .....you will feel better.....it will be better.....i know you are scared and you hate to think of having your teeth gone but it will go fine...esp with the implants..that is expensive i hear.....

Dentures are not the end of the world.
Many are worse off than you.
think about all those who worship Glen Beck.

Way back when I pregnant with my first child. I would drink a gallon of milk a day. It was like a posest and he was a very healthy baby but he wrecked havic on my teeth.After several years to the dentist my dentist felt I need to get dentures on my top teeth. Now fast forward 23 years. my bottom teeth are giving me havoc .. Again my dentist feels no matter how he tried h I will also need dentures on my bottom teeth. I am scared. I never thought at the age of 46 I would have a mouth of dentures. I am devastated. So so time next month I will go to the dentist and then a oral surgery to get the procedure done. I am happy that maybe after 20 plus years I might have a nice smile. My problem is I heard horror stories of the bottom dentures. I am getting the implants so they stay in place i am scare of the cost but I do not want to be toothless my whole life. Help please tell me im not alone. please do not make frun of me. THe bottom teeth went to lack of nutrients due to my gastric bypass. I am sad and about to cry. I need support and not negative comments .THank you:eusa_pray:

Take it from the word of a former dental assistant.
You are doing the right thing with having implants done for your bottom teeth.
The bottom ridge always wears down after time and then eventually they have to have the implants in order for the bottoms to stay put.
You will also be able to eat better and more things with a lower implant.
Believe me it is well worth the cost.

We also had quite a few patients in their twenties who had to have dentures, your age doesn't have anything to do with how your teeth are.
Being 46 is not so bad, please don't be devastated.
You will like your new smile and your implants. :eusa_pray:

New Topics

Forum List

Back