I have realized that in the last few days I have suffered deep depression...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I almost walked out of my workplace due to my feelings of despair and hopelessness.

I used to take anti-depressants, but they impaired my ability to think, work and one time I had trouble walking down the street.

I had thought before that my life circumstances were putting me in a bad mood, but now I realize it is chemicals in my brain making me depressed.

I don't want to get back on anti-depressants because of their severe side-effects.

Does anyone have suggestions for a non-medication way to relieve my situation?

Smoke dat kine bud..make alla da troubles go-away

1601062933697.png

I almost walked out of my workplace due to my feelings of despair and hopelessness.

I used to take anti-depressants, but they impaired my ability to think, work and one time I had trouble walking down the street.

I had thought before that my life circumstances were putting me in a bad mood, but now I realize it is chemicals in my brain making me depressed.

I don't want to get back on anti-depressants because of their severe side-effects.

See a hypnotist....A good one.

Smoke a bone instead.

If you think you're gonna do something to yourself, lemme know, I'll give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Try to get some sunshine and fresh air everyday.
Try some of the herbal supplements that people use for depression

Kick lots and lots of trees; they're ancient, strong and can take it. Downside: you'll need to replace a few pairs of boots.

I suggest watching Salty Cracker’s live streams. They are hilarious and will get your spirits up! He does them three times a week.

Smoke a frickin' joint and chillax...

Meditation, yoga, pilates I hear can all help. But you have to keep with it.

There are a ton of anti depressants...perhaps something different in combo with talk therapy?
Good Advice Coyote Thanks. I have depression and it took awhile to find the right medication. Most anti depressants don't have side effects that are very bad. My main problem with them was they just didn't work. Or worked for a short time and then quit. Talk to a doctor and yes even talk therapy can help with a chemical imbalance problem.

Which ones ? I find Xanax and blow jobs to be great. .5 x 2-3/day. BJ..depends on what's for supper.

There are a ton of anti depressants...perhaps something different in combo with talk therapy?
Good Advice Coyote Thanks. I have depression and it took awhile to find the right medication. Most anti depressants don't have side effects that are very bad. My main problem with them was they just didn't work. Or worked for a short time and then quit. Talk to a doctor and yes even talk therapy can help with a chemical imbalance problem.

I hear you. I too have depression, and medications can stop working - I'm currently in the process of trying a new one. The key thing is that there is help...even if it doesn't seem like it.

Activities change those chemicals wouldn't ya think ?? Might need to get busy on things ya like, and trash the negativity as much as possible.

Acupuncture?
and a good therapist

Smoke a frickin' joint and chillax...
That would make things worse

Activities change those chemicals wouldn't ya think ?? Might need to get busy on things ya like, and trash the negativity as much as possible.
It is reported that physical activity does perk one up to some degree. But there is no way to "trash" the negativity when it is a chemical imbalance. People with depression get quite good at hiding the feelings but their supposed happiness is NOT really there, it is an act.

Forum List

Back