I have a question for you hunter's out there!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
What is it with you guy's that hunt, why do you need to stuff this poor dead animal? that you have just killed, then hang it on a wall? I don't get it. The reason I ask, is because my husband hunts and yes I have dead animals hanging on my wall that I absolutley hate!!! He has never given me a good answer. So maybe someone here could explain the trophy thing to me. I personally would rather see them in my backyard then hanging dead on my wall. Why can't you just take a picture of it? Instead of having to mount it.

I'm looking for good answers here, not just it's a guy thing!

khafley said:
What is it with you guy's that hunt, why do you need to stuff this poor dead animal? that you have just killed, then hang it on a wall? I don't get it. The reason I ask, is because my husband hunts and yes I have dead animals hanging on my wall that I absolutley hate!!! He has never given me a good answer. So maybe someone here could explain the trophy thing to me. I personally would rather see them in my backyard then hanging dead on my wall. Why can't you just take a picture of it? Instead of having to mount it.

A trophy is a sign of accomplishment and helps remind people of good times--It usually has much more meaning to the person who did the deed than passers by.

khafley said:

You should relegate his trophies to a specific room of the house. Anyway he collects them to be able to prove the stories as well as to remember the victory.

I think game trophies are stupid. Most women hate em and it's expensive as hell
to have something mounted...What's the point, Proof?..Well heck, a $10 disposable camera will do that.
IMO, it's nothing more than an ego thing...Ole bubba can stand around with the other bubbas, scratch his nuts, crack a beer and say, "yep I kilt it, aren't I da man"? Then ya have the meek lil accountant that takes a
guided trip to Alaska an shoots a bear. Has it mounted and on display to prove what a "MAN" he really is!
That's the way I see it.

Mr. P said:
to have something mounted...What's the point, Proof?..Well heck, a $10 disposable camera will do that.
IMO, it's nothing more than an ego thing...Ole bubba can stand around with the other bubbas, scratch his nuts, crack a beer and say, "yep I kilt it, aren't I da man"? Then ya have the meek lil accountant that takes a
guided trip to Alaska an shoots a bear. Has it mounted and on display to prove what a "MAN" he really is!
That's the way I see it.

So all you trophies are in the kitchen mr. P ? :dance:

dilloduck said:
So all you trophies are in the kitchen mr. P ? :dance:
Nahhh...The few I have are from little league baseball and competitive shooting, made from metal and wood.
Yes, I did hunt and I still fish...But even if I took a "trophy" Trout or Bass, I'd turn it loose, after the photo of course. ;)

Mr. P said:
That's the way I see it.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: My thoughts exactly!!!!!

I think trophies are kinda stupid and pretty ugly and I hunt alot. The camera is always a better way to go. As for the act of hunting...It is fucking exciting and damn near impossible to explain to folks who have never done it.

Mr. P said:
Nahhh...The few I have are from little league baseball and competitive shooting, made from metal and wood.
Yes, I did hunt and I still fish...But even if I took a "trophy" Trout or Bass, I'd turn it loose, after the photo of course. ;)

You got something against eating em ?

Anybody who doesn't hunt cannot possibly ever understand the feeling of cameraderie, of getting back to basics that one gets when out in the field. Now I personally don't hunt big game but I can see the reason why people mount trophies, hell most of the time they aren't even trophies but an accomplishment that they want to remember. It reminds them of a simpler time.

OCA...Bubba says, BS..
He says if it were just to remind us of a simpler time, he'd have Billy Jeans' ass mounted on the wall. ;)

It's ego..and that's what Bubba said, while he scatched his nuts and cracked his beer. :)

Mr. P said:
OCA...Bubba says, BS..
He says if it were just to remind us of a simpler time, he'd have Billy Jeans' ass mounted on the wall. ;)

It's ego..and that's what Bubba said, while he scatched his nuts and cracked his beer. :)

Could be in some cases, in others maybe not. This is one of those topics to where if you aren't a participant its impossible to explain.

khafley said:

they can't mount their penis on the wall so the dead whatever will have to do

khafley said:
What is it with you guy's that hunt, why do you need to stuff this poor dead animal? that you have just killed, then hang it on a wall?

I don't really understand that either.

I've never gone hunting, but if I did I'd shoot the thing in the head and then eat it.

OCA said:
Could be in some cases, in others maybe not. This is one of those topics to where if you aren't a participant its impossible to explain.
Been one, am one (participant).
I was just never insecure enough in myself to have something mounted, just to support my ego.
Just to say, "yep, there she is, ain't she a beauty"?
I do understand it very well. I just don't understand it. Bubba says that makes sense. :)

Mr. P said:
Been one, am one (participant).
I was just never insecure enough in myself to have something mounted, just to support my ego.
Just to say, "yep, there she is, ain't she a beauty"?
I do understand it very well. I just don't understand it. Bubba says that makes sense. :)

Like I said i'm not a big game hunter, just birds and i'd rather eat them than mount them but I guarantee you if I took a Boone and Crockett buck i'd mount that bastard in a heartbeat. I agree I don't see the sense though in just mounting to mount something, "hey look at this 4 point I got" LMFAO!

khafley said:

I can answer this in a strange way...
It's kind of the same concept as women who get fake bewbs, not for their
man, but for them. My wife has great boobs and I tell her I'm very happy with
them, yet she still wants that trophy rack....

OCA said:
Like I said i'm not a big game hunter, just birds and i'd rather eat them than mount them but I guarantee you if I took a Boone and Crockett buck i'd mount that bastard in a heartbeat. I agree I don't see the sense though in just mounting to mount something, "hey look at this 4 point I got" LMFAO!

4 point? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I love quail..haven't been in years.
Dove are fun too. :D

Sorry Khafley--- I guess it IS just a guy thing

oh ya--and something that museums of natural history do all over the world, much to the pleasure of millions of visitors a year.

Forum List

Back