I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

rightwinger

I don't share your views, but I appreciate your honesty.

Here's another question.

Do you believe that members of Congress are, for the most part, honest people with integrity and who truly care about the interests of average Americans?

I personally would love to see the poor and middle class lifted up as much as possible. Improve education, community programs, job opportunities, small business development etc.
Do you believe that government is better suited to provide "job opportunities" than private entrepreneurs?

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
Well, it seems to me you're badly uniformed.

We want everyone to be have enough to eat, a roof over their heads, and adequate health care. We want folks of all colors and ethnicities to be treated equally. We want a social.safety net, equal pay, and a stop to government's back door subsidies to big businesses that allows them to pay less than a living wage and line their pockets at our expense.

We want to raise education standards, send more people to post secondary education, and make it more affordable and available to everyone. We want people (mostly big companies) to stop ruining the planet in the name of higher profits.

The list goes on and on, but you won't even bother to read the part I've posted. You'll just believe what faux niwz tells you about how Democrats are evil and only want to be in power for power's sake.

I personally would love to see the poor and middle class lifted up as much as possible. Improve education, community programs, job opportunities, small business development etc.
Do you believe that government is better suited to provide "job opportunities" than private entrepreneurs?
No, I prefer less government and more freedom and support for small business development

$15 and then linked to inflation
Ok. Is it your view that, if a business cannot afford to pay such a wage that they shouldn't be in business?
Yes

If you can’t stay in business without the taxpayer subsidizing YOUR employees with food, housing and healthcare......then maybe you shouldn’t be in business

I'm hoping for a death on the Republican side of the Senate.

I really wish President Biden would offer retiring Senator pat toomey whatever position he wants to retire now, allowing the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania to appoint a Democrat.
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll just do the vapor-lock and crappie-flop thing here pretty quick. We could suggest our younger senators sneak up behind him a yell "boo" really loudly several times a day. Maybe that would do it.

No, I prefer less government and more freedom and support for small business development
I believe that government programs intended to "support business development" is not only a colossal waste of taxpayer money, but it is counterproductive to business development.

If you can’t stay in business without the taxpayer subsidizing YOUR employees with food, housing and healthcare......then maybe you shouldn’t be in business
So in your view, a citizen should not have the freedom to be able to accept a lower-paying job because a citizen isn't really a citizen but a subject, right?

rightwinger

I don't share your views, but I appreciate your honesty.

Here's another question.

Do you believe that members of Congress are, for the most part, honest people with integrity and who truly care about the interests of average Americans?
That, my friend is a tough one

I used to say that was true of most of our members of Congress. They looked at themselves as public servants who loved their country dearly.

Now, all I see is loyalty to party and getting re-elected. They will sell out any value they have for the sake of party.

Taxes is not fascism
That's not what I said.

You want the government to dictate to private people the wages and salaries that they must pay to other private people. That is fascism.
Yes I do

My father had a High School education and got a job climbing Telephone Poles and repairing phone lines.
He was able to buy a house, raise four kids, send them to college and retire at 61....all without my mother working

That is when employers paid a wage you could support a family on. Since then, employers have cut back wages and benefits. Taxpayers have been forced to step in and subsidize substandard wages.

If we have to support YOUR employees so you can make more profit......we have a right to “encourage” you to pay more
Would you support government taking over all private industry so that government can abolish astronomical salaries for executives in order that employees can be paid more? My reply know one is talking about government taking over private industry but people like you. So what's the deal just stirring the pot???

I believe that government programs intended to "support business development" is not only a colossal waste of taxpayer money, but it is counterproductive to business development.
I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at

Taxes is not fascism
That's not what I said.

You want the government to dictate to private people the wages and salaries that they must pay to other private people. That is fascism.
Yes I do

My father had a High School education and got a job climbing Telephone Poles and repairing phone lines.
He was able to buy a house, raise four kids, send them to college and retire at 61....all without my mother working

That is when employers paid a wage you could support a family on. Since then, employers have cut back wages and benefits. Taxpayers have been forced to step in and subsidize substandard wages.

If we have to support YOUR employees so you can make more profit......we have a right to “encourage” you to pay more
Would you support government taking over all private industry so that government can abolish astronomical salaries for executives in order that employees can be paid more? My reply know one is talking about government taking over private industry but people like you. So what's the deal just stirring the pot???

Marxists support the concept. I simply asked him if he did.

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.

Just another pot stirrer, the only ones talking about the government taking over private business are right wingers on this site.

Now, all I see is loyalty to party and getting re-elected. They will sell out any value they have for the sake of party.
Look at all of the members of Congress that have become filthy rich after "serving". In my view, NOBODY should be able to make a career as an elected politician. It doesn't serve the public interest. Elected officials should be limited to a short term wherein they actually SERVE their community by passing laws that make their communities BETTER and then, once their term has expired, they should have to return to the private community that they helped to shape.

If it were up to me, representatives could serve no more than two, two-year terms. Senators and presidents would only be able to serve a single, five-year term and then they would be ineligible from serving further.

The way it is now, members of Congress set up their own quasi-kingdoms wherein they serve special interests at the expense of average Americans. It's a corrupt and rotten system. If you want to improve the lives of average Americans, institute term limits.

Not one Dem/ liberal support Government take over of private business. Just people stating that business should pay there fair share. Stop trying to make points off of BS.

Just another pot stirrer, the only ones talking about the government taking over private business are right wingers on this site.
I didn't say that anyone was talking about it. I asked the question, he answered it and we moved on. You're obsessed.

I'm hoping for a death on the Republican side of the Senate.

I really wish President Biden would offer retiring Senator pat toomey whatever position he wants to retire now, allowing the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania to appoint a Democrat.
Because Democrats are so good for PA:

Declared war on coal
Vowed to close down the oil industry
Managed to prompt US Steel to cancel it's $1.5B upgrade/expansion
Ridiculous Covid policies

Forum List

Back