I Hate to Say It, But the January 6 Committee Has Proved that Trump Committed a Serious Crime on January 6, 2021

Ah, that is a sad misread of Thursday's hearing.
May I suggest to the poster Batcat....to actually watch the whole hearing (you can get it on YouTube or C-Span).

In it he will see Republican witnesses testifying under oath live before the Committee. Two life-long Republicans, one a decorated Marine who did three combat deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, and was on the National Security staff in the White House. He has also served as a reporter for the Rupert Murdoch owned Wall Street Journal.
The other, Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Mathews, another GOP'r loyalist, and a Trump loyalist (you don't get to be on the White House's in-house press staff without loyalty chops).
So if the good poster Batcat thinks the hearing was filled with Trump haters.....he is mistaken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, they do.
Here are a couple of polling results that may give the cluefull a clue:

• By 46% to 26%, Americans say there was an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election​

• By 52% to 34%, Americans approve of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol​

• 60% believe the committee is conducting a fair and impartial investigation. Similar numbers, 58%, believe that Trump bears a good or great amount of responsibility for the events of Jan 6 and that he should be charged with a crime.​

If that was all he said....January 6th would likely have turned out far differently. The Trump goons perhaps would not have savagely beaten the crap out of the Capitol police on their way to attack our legislators.

But.....he said more.
Go ahead, watch the whole video of his speech on the Ellipse on J6.

IMHO
Polling :auiqs.jpg:

Go ahead and watch video of Jan 2017 when democrats burned limos and rioted in DC when Trump was inaugurated. What do you call that?

Again when dems do it, its ok. Rules for thee eh

Ah, that is a sad misread of Thursday's hearing.
May I suggest to the poster Batcat....to actually watch the whole hearing (you can get it on YouTube or C-Span).

In it he will see Republican witnesses testifying under oath live before the Committee. Two life-long Republicans, one a decorated Marine who did three combat deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, and was on the National Security staff in the White House. He has also served as a reporter for the Rupert Murdoch owned Wall Street Journal.
The other, Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Mathews, another GOP'r loyalist, and a Trump loyalist (you don't get to be on the White House's in-house press staff without loyalty chops).
So if the good poster Batcat thinks the hearing was filled with Trump haters.....he is mistaken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, they do.
Here are a couple of polling results that may give the cluefull a clue:

• By 46% to 26%, Americans say there was an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election​

• By 52% to 34%, Americans approve of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol​

• 60% believe the committee is conducting a fair and impartial investigation. Similar numbers, 58%, believe that Trump bears a good or great amount of responsibility for the events of Jan 6 and that he should be charged with a crime.​

If that was all he said....January 6th would likely have turned out far differently. The Trump goons perhaps would not have savagely beaten the crap out of the Capitol police on their way to attack our legislators.

But.....he said more.
Go ahead, watch the whole video of his speech on the Ellipse on J6.

IMHO
In my opinion I have much better things to do than watch a partisan committee stage a hearing on Trump to make sure he can’t run in 2024 and win.

To me this committee is another disgusting example of how the Democrats are screwing up this nation. It will be a cold day in Hell when I vote for another Democrat.

I could care less who the committee calls as long as I am only hearing one side of the issue.

What if Trump had sent out a tweet and had an emergency press conference? Do you think those in the act of running into the Capitol would have said, "hey Jimmy, look, it's our brave leader on da TV set in da corner, if I can read correctly, it says that he is telling us to stop. Guys, hey, let's stop. Trump told us to stop"

Even in the unlikely scenario that they had seen any such message while running through the halls, they wouldn't have stopped.

Second, if he did so they would STILL be having this Hearing, Instead, this time they would say "if Trump wasn't guilty than why did he take the extreme and unusual step of holding a press conference and telling these people to stop? He did so because he knew he was responsible for the violence".

You can't win. The Neo-Cons will stop at nothing to weaken America First policies, even if it means being close pals with the Dems. If the GOP held a counter Hearing after the mid-terms, I wonder how much interest the media would have?

If Trump is responsible for this then all Dem leaders are responslble for the riots and dozens of murders after the George Floyd event. All the athletes who wore BLM attire during the riots are also responsible.
Those MAGArats at the Capitol were hanging on every word Trump tweeted

I really hate to say this, and I fully acknowledge that Schumer and Pelosi committed their share of wrongdoing in the matter, but the January 6 committee has found clear evidence that Trump purposely allowed the January 6 riot to continue by refusing to immediately call on his supporters to stand down after the riot began.

This is a two-edged sword that cuts at both sides. Chuck Schumer sat on vital intel about plans to storm the Capitol, and Nancy Pelosi twice turned down requests to use National Guard troops to guard the Capitol on January 6, even though Trump had approved their use. However, the January 6 committee has found clear evidence that Trump purposely allowed the riot to continue, that he purposely delayed telling his supporters to stand down after the riot began.

Trump clearly acted as an accessory to the riot after it began. He never called for violence before it occurred; in fact, he urged his supporters to protest peacefully, and he authorized 20,000 NG troops to guard the Capitol. But once the riot began, he acted as an accessory to a felony by refusing to immediately call on his supporters to cease and desist. This was a serious criminal action, and the GOP should repudiate Trump and expel him from the party over it.

At the other end, Schumer's failure to act on the FBI intel, or even to ensure that the capitol police received the intel, is inexcusable and suggests that he wanted the riot to occur so he could use it for propaganda purposes against the Republicans. The Democrats should force Schumer to resign over his failure to act on the FBI intel.

Similarly, Nancy Pelosi's inexplicable failure to allow NG troops to help guard the Capitol on January 6 suggests that she, too, wanted the riot to occur so it could be used for propaganda purposes. The claim that she refused to use the troops because this would have been "bad optics" is lame, given that she had no problem forcing the troops to guard the Capitol for five months after the riot, long after there was any credible need for them to be there. Pelosi should be forced to resign because of her refusal to allow NG troops to guard the Capitol on January 6.

From John Solomon's second blockbuster article based on newly obtained documents:

FBI intelligence warning that Jan. 6 protesters might violently storm the Capitol, target lawmakers and blockade Democrats in tunnels was never sent to frontline police commanders and officers, but was quietly emailed the night before to a top aide to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, according to documents that raise new concern that politics trumped security preparedness in the fateful hours before the riot.

Capitol Police Deputy Chief Sean Gallagher emailed top Schumer aide Kelly Fado, now the Senate's deputy sergeant of arms, at about 9:40 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2021 saying he wanted to "provide you visibility" to new intelligence that an FBI threat analysis center had received from a website owner, according to documents obtained by Just the News.

The information explicitly warned that demonstrators had detailed maps of the tunnel systems around the Capitol frequented by lawmakers and their staffs and they were plotting to create a "perimeter" for potential violence and to find "Democratic members early to block them from entering the Capitol." One point of entry the rioters were targeting was the Library of Congress, he warned.(Jan. 6 Bombshell: Schumer team received FBI intel about possible violence, frontline cops didn't)
Then they should refer him for charges or shut up.

"In my opinion I have much better things to do than watch a partisan committee stage a hearing on Trump ........
To me this committee is another disgusting example....."
Ah, good poster Batcat....here is how it looks to a disinterested neutral observer: We have a contributor here with the poster Batcat who shares with the forum that which we initially must believe is an informed opinion of the details, procedure, decisions, and character of these hearings. Then, the forum learns he never watches them.

It appears then, ipso facto, the poster Batcat simply does not know what he is talking about......if he won't take the time to learn about what he wants to talk about. The impression is of an unserious, frivolous poster. No disrespect intended.

I really hate to say this, and I fully acknowledge that Schumer and Pelosi committed their share of wrongdoing in the matter, but the January 6 committee has found clear evidence that Trump purposely allowed the January 6 riot to continue by refusing to immediately call on his supporters to stand down after the riot began.

This is a two-edged sword that cuts at both sides. Chuck Schumer sat on vital intel about plans to storm the Capitol, and Nancy Pelosi twice turned down requests to use National Guard troops to guard the Capitol on January 6, even though Trump had approved their use. However, the January 6 committee has found clear evidence that Trump purposely allowed the riot to continue, that he purposely delayed telling his supporters to stand down after the riot began.

Trump clearly acted as an accessory to the riot after it began. He never called for violence before it occurred; in fact, he urged his supporters to protest peacefully, and he authorized 20,000 NG troops to guard the Capitol. But once the riot began, he acted as an accessory to a felony by refusing to immediately call on his supporters to cease and desist. This was a serious criminal action, and the GOP should repudiate Trump and expel him from the party over it.

At the other end, Schumer's failure to act on the FBI intel, or even to ensure that the capitol police received the intel, is inexcusable and suggests that he wanted the riot to occur so he could use it for propaganda purposes against the Republicans. The Democrats should force Schumer to resign over his failure to act on the FBI intel.

Similarly, Nancy Pelosi's inexplicable failure to allow NG troops to help guard the Capitol on January 6 suggests that she, too, wanted the riot to occur so it could be used for propaganda purposes. The claim that she refused to use the troops because this would have been "bad optics" is lame, given that she had no problem forcing the troops to guard the Capitol for five months after the riot, long after there was any credible need for them to be there. Pelosi should be forced to resign because of her refusal to allow NG troops to guard the Capitol on January 6.

From John Solomon's second blockbuster article based on newly obtained documents:

FBI intelligence warning that Jan. 6 protesters might violently storm the Capitol, target lawmakers and blockade Democrats in tunnels was never sent to frontline police commanders and officers, but was quietly emailed the night before to a top aide to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, according to documents that raise new concern that politics trumped security preparedness in the fateful hours before the riot.

Capitol Police Deputy Chief Sean Gallagher emailed top Schumer aide Kelly Fado, now the Senate's deputy sergeant of arms, at about 9:40 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2021 saying he wanted to "provide you visibility" to new intelligence that an FBI threat analysis center had received from a website owner, according to documents obtained by Just the News.

The information explicitly warned that demonstrators had detailed maps of the tunnel systems around the Capitol frequented by lawmakers and their staffs and they were plotting to create a "perimeter" for potential violence and to find "Democratic members early to block them from entering the Capitol." One point of entry the rioters were targeting was the Library of Congress, he warned.(Jan. 6 Bombshell: Schumer team received FBI intel about possible violence, frontline cops didn't)

Protest, even violent protest, is essential to the resolution of political disagreements in a republic.
Being wrong does not make violent protest illegal.
It is Congress who handled this wrong, not the protestors or the president.

Being wrong does not make violent protest illegal.

Umm, I think there is an argument to be made that being violent is what makes a protest illegal.
Or at least, it makes the violent jackasses within the protest illegal.
And being wrong....just compounds it. Makes it a harder sell to the jury. No?

Yet I bet you think Trump instigated and insurrection on Jan 6 for saying peacefully and patrioticaly make your voices heard huh.

Unrest, Uprisings and Push back don't let up is a-ok though when your side does it huh Smokey
Is your pasty ass really that damn naive or are you just playing stupid. Trump knows what he did and so does America, there was nothing patriotic about Trump's actions that day and Trump Humpers know it.

Is your pasty ass really that damn naive or are you just playing stupid. Trump knows what he did and so does America, there was nothing patriotic about Trump's actions that day and Trump Humpers know it.
Naive is your monkey ass saying none of those dems called for violent protests while slamming Trump. Self Awareness much jiggaboo?

Well if your big pink pig looking ass has them on record telling folks to burn down and loot businesses, by all means post it. That bullshit you posted before doesn't do any of that.
Sure it doesn't, or maybe you can't admit it does cause you're still stuck on the democrat plantation.

Forum List

Back