I had to put my 10 year old cat Pretty down today.

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
im absolutely devestated and depressed. I have her 2 daughters with me still. I took Pretty in from outside 3 years ago- I thought I had another 5 to 10 more years with her. I do rescue and tnr. I cant think. I have no kids- these are my kids. Pretty had cancer. Im beside myself with sadness:( Kevin. Pretty was my favorite cat. 2nd pic is her from a few days ago. Her ashes will come to me in a couple weeks:( Prettys mom, Mama died from cancer too about a year ago. Got her ashes too:(

Attachments

• 20220518_232110.jpg
    20220518_232110.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220526_024216.jpg
    20220526_024216.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 48
im absolutely devestated and depressed. I have her 2 daughters with me still. I took Pretty in from outside 3 years ago- I thought I had another 5 to 10 more years with her. I do rescue and tnr. I cant think. I have no kids- these are my kids. Pretty had cancer. Im beside myself with sadness:( Kevin. Pretty was my favorite cat. 2nd pic is her from a few days ago. Her ashes will come to me in a couple weeks:( Prettys mom, Mama died from cancer too about a year ago. Got her ashes too:(

Wow. Been down that road. I totally feel for you. I've had rescues and living outdoors in the wild really takes its toll and they never last as long.

I'm really sorry you're going through this loss. I love cats and generally cat people too.

I'm so sorry for you. That is a tough thing to do.

But thank you for putting the kitty ahead of you.

It's hard, but necessary.

Always sad news for any pet, our cat had to be put to sleep last week, she would have made 21 years next week. Both woofs are 9 soon, animals seem to have nicer personalities than people, but they don't live as long.

IMG_20200111_134110.jpg

I’m so sorry Ninja, 10 seems so young to lose her. :(. It never seems like we have enough time with them :smiliehug:

We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan.”

― Irving Townsend

How awful. Ten is not that old.

20180618_133102.jpg

This is Speck. He is 14, my daughter-in-law's cat but mostly with me. He is a bundle of neuroses and insecurities. He has pica and eats plastic till he vomits. He's afraid of the dark so the lights are always on. He has separation anxiety when he's alone. He has the beginnings of dementia and forgets where he is. He will crouch down and howl until someone comes to get him. He sleeps with me. He gets up in the middle of the night to pee and can't find his way back to bed, with the lights on so he screams until I go get him.

We love him anyway.

I’m so sorry Ninja, 10 seems so young to lose her. :(. It never seems like we have enough time with them :smiliehug:

I'm sorry I'm just getting the news now, but yeah,.. I agree with them. I lost my one cat at ten because she had a tumor in her tummy. :( It's always hard to lose a family member whether or not they have two legs or four and skin or fur, but just know that it does get easier Ninja. Moving on with your life doesn't mean forgetting, for as long as you remember them and keep their memory alive in your heart then you haven't really lost them completely as at least you still will always have a part of them to hold onto. Hugs for you. :smiliehug:

Sorry to hear that. My cat is also named “Pretty”. She’s 8 years old.
7C64543F-76FE-4353-AB10-3638FC0CFF01.jpeg

A tenant I had evicted left her behind, so I took her in.

Awww,... I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Thank you.

Just a week ago, I decided to take the right medicine and adopted another dog of the same breed. Her energy and intelligence have helped me realize how much of herself my old dog had lost -- losing her sight and entering doggie dementia, at the age of 17. Seeing the new dog and remembering how healthy and energetic the old dog used to be made it easier to accept that I made the right decision to let the old dog go.

It is so hard to know that you have made the right decision when you decide to end an animal's suffering.

Pets are incredibly hard to lose. I had to put down my buddy, Pepe, over 12 years ago. He was a wonderful companion, the best cat we've ever had. I went into the room with him, said goodbye to him and covered him. I was devastated for over a week. I checked out a couple books from a local library dealing with the loss of a pet. They were helpful. We have two cats now, 12 and 13 years of age. They're healthy, and we pamper them. They're worth it.

Forum List

Back