I don't want to be a radical anymore. How can I not be? How do I stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I was a very right-wing extremist nearly a decade ago. I made it an effort to try and moderate myself. But it seems I am backsliding. I am watching this country slide further and further into division, and I find myself feeling like I have no choice but to take a side. So the question comes clear: How do I stop being the radical I once was when:

People coldly dismiss my thoughts and prayers in times of tragedy, namely with mass shootings.
People accuse me of being racist when I clearly am not.
People accuse me of being homophobic when I clearly am not.
People say that my skin color grants me a privilege I clearly don't have.
People say that my concerns about the 2020 election are unfounded and label me a 'conspiracy theorist.
People actively try to assimilate innocent children into a hyper-sexualized society.
People repeatedly tell me I am not entitled to defend my home with a firearm.
People insist that men can compete in women's sports and deprive them of everything they fought over a century to gain.
People insist that men can use women's bathrooms.
People insist our laws have no meaning when it comes to crime, illegal immigration, or both.
People in a unified political party insist on doing nothing to improve the state our country is in.
Abortion. That's self-explanatory.
Someone attempts an assassination of a Supreme Court justice and reasons that they deserve it.

How do I stop being a radical? How do I get away from this tribalism I've been sucked into? At what point do I stop myself from having to prove everyone wrong and actually take the objective route I once took with politics in general? This is a burning question as well as a thread meant to bring about discussion.

Last edited:
I was a very right-wing extremist nearly a decade ago. I made it an effort to try and moderate myself. But it seems I am backsliding. I am watching this country slide further and further into division, and I find myself feeling like I have no choice but to take a side. So the question comes clear: How do I stop being the radical I once was when:

People coldly dismiss my thoughts and prayers in times of tragedy, namely with mass shootings.
People say that my concerns about the 2020 election are unfounded and label me a 'conspiracy theorist.
People actively try to assimilate innocent children into a hyper-sexualized society.
People insist that men can compete in women's sports and deprive them of everything they fought over a century to gain.
People insist our laws have no meaning when it comes to crime, illegal immigration, or both.
People in a unified political party insist on doing nothing to improve the state our country is in.
Someone attempts an assassination of a Supreme Court justice and reasons that they deserve it.

How do I stop being a radical? How do I get away from this tribalism I've been sucked into? At what point do I stop myself from having to prove everyone wrong and actually take the objective route I once took with politics in general? This is a burning question as well as a thread meant to bring about discussion.
Here's how I look at it:

The political ideas embodied in our Constitution are "turf", they're like little pieces of political turf.

And, people do battle over each little piece of turf. Who owns the Second Amendment today? Is it the lefties or the righties? Who owns the abortion issue today, is it the lefties or the righties?

For an independent try-to-be-reasonable person like myself (and most of my friends, cause that's the crowd I like and hang out with), the whole thing looks like a big tug-of-war. One group says go this way, the other group says go that way, and they keep adding more people so they can pull on the rope harder. And meanwhile the poor little puddle in the middle, which is the turf they're fighting over, is being distressed and destroyed as both sides trample on it during their tug-of-war.

And, the TRAMPLING is specifically what we want to avoid, because that turf is precious.

So, what do you do? You're a guy who wants to protect the TURF, and keep it from being trampled on, by either or both sides. What do you do?

The obvious answer is, STRADDLE the turf. Stand right on top of it. And don't move, no matter what.

First of all, that means anyone else who wants to control the turf had to dislodge you, and that's costly and can be made difficult.

And secondly, no one can pass a rope through your turf as long as you're standing on it. And if they try, you can just cut it.

That's my answer. STRADDLE the turf. Stand right on top of it, and don't let anyone move you. The tug of war doesn't matter, the turf does.

We have a bunch of dimwitted fucktards trying to tell us that winning the tug of war is the prize.... but no. The TURF is the prize. If you win a tug of war you're just going to have to come back tomorrow and repeat the exercise, but if you control the turf then you get to dictate the time and place of the tug of war and control it's rules.

The turf is the prize, not the blue ribbon.

That:s part 1. Then we could do Sun Tzu 101 and talk about how best to control the turf.

Here's how I look at it:

The political ideas embodied in our Constitution are "turf", they're like little pieces of political turf.

And, people do battle over each little piece of turf. Who owns the Second Amendment today? Is it the lefties or the righties? Who owns the abortion issue today, is it the lefties or the righties?

For an independent try-to-be-reasonable person like myself (and most of my friends, cause that's the crowd I like and hang out with), the whole thing looks like a big tug-of-war. One group says go this way, the other group says go that way, and they keep adding more people so they can pull on the rope harder. And meanwhile the poor little puddle in the middle, which is the turf they're fighting over, is being distressed and destroyed as both sides trample on it during their tug-of-war.

And, the TRAMPLING is specifically what we want to avoid, because that turf is precious.

So, what do you do? You're a guy who wants to protect the TURF, and keep it from being trampled on, by either or both sides. What do you do?

The obvious answer is, STRADDLE the turf. Stand right on top of it. And don't move, no matter what.

First of all, that means anyone else who wants to control the turf had to dislodge you, and that's costly and can be made difficult.

And secondly, no one can pass a rope through your turf as long as you're standing on it. And if they try, you can just cut it.

That's my answer. STRADDLE the turf. Stand right on top of it, and don't let anyone move you. The tug of war doesn't matter, the turf does.

We have a bunch of dimwitted fucktards trying to tell us that winning the tug of war is the prize.... but no. The TURF is the prize. If you win a tug of war you're just going to have to come back tomorrow and repeat the exercise, but if you control the turf then you get to dictate the time and place of the tug of war and control it's rules.

The turf is the prize, not the blue ribbon.

That:s part 1. Then we could do Sun Tzu 101 and talk about how best to control the turf.
That's an appealing way of looking at it.

I feel like I need to re center myself anyway.

That's an appealing way of looking at it.

I feel like I need to re center myself anyway.
FYI and for those who think my verbiage is radical, a lot of my political rhetoric is posturing around this concept.

"STRADDLE the turf".

For instance - my position on the Second Amendment. I try to show the lefties the reality. I'm standing on that turf with a gun in my hand, how the fuck are they gonna disarm me? They're gonna have to kill me to do it, and they're not going to do that. So like, all the bleating is completely worthless. They're trying to have a virtual tug of war because they can't have a real one, because I'm standing right on the turf.

Equal application of the law - that's an interesting one because the lefties have succeeded in putting a foot on my turf, because I was looking somewhere else for a minute. My bad. So now I have to get their goddamn foot off my turf, and that's not always easy. Frankly, when someone tries to grab my land I fight dirty. That's like horse thievery, and I mean, if I catch a horse thief I'll gouge his eyes out to make an example for the others. The short story is, that foot is gonna leave my turf by hook or by crook or any other way, I'll use a flame thrower if I have to. That foot is LEAVING my turf, period.

The relentless effort to confine all discourse to binary elements is a plague. It works very well to the advantage of America's enemies (foreign and domestic). To fall into it is to aid and abet the destruction of the nation.
Refuse to be controlled thus.
Just say "no" to division.
Say, "know", to those that would force their slavery of dualism on our culture.

FYI and for those who think my verbiage is radical, a lot of my political rhetoric is posturing around this concept.

"STRADDLE the turf".

For instance - my position on the Second Amendment. I try to show the lefties the reality. I'm standing on that turf with a gun in my hand, how the fuck are they gonna disarm me? They're gonna have to kill me to do it, and they're not going to do that. So like, all the bleating is completely worthless. They're trying to have a virtual tug of war because they can't have a real one, because I'm standing right on the turf.

Equal application of the law - that's an interesting one because the lefties have succeeded in putting a foot on my turf, because I was looking somewhere else for a minute. My bad. So now I have to get their goddamn foot off my turf, and that's not always easy. Frankly, when someone tries to grab my land I fight dirty. That's like horse thievery, and I mean, if I catch a horse thief I'll gouge his eyes out to make an example for the others. The short story is, that foot is gonna leave my turf by hook or by crook or any other way, I'll use a flame thrower if I have to. That foot is LEAVING my turf, period.
Best quality for the Independent is thick skin, as you stand your place on the middle ground, not always consistently support one side or the other, as issues arise, you will catch hell from both sides.

Ahhhh, Twinkie, this is fun to read.

Um, yeah, because praying to an imaginary sky man doesn't stop the next nut from gunning down a bunch of school kids. Stick your "thoughts and prayers", we need to take sensible action.

But you are happy to throw in with people who are.

Then you are delusional. Of course, white people have privileges in this society that people of color do not have. That your ambition doesn't extend beyond sitting on the couch, playing videogames and collecting a check doesn't take that away.

Uh, yeah, that makes you a nut. As the testimony proved yesterday, even Trump knew it was a lie, and you kept falling for it anyway.

Uh, we are a sexual society. Kids are going to figure that out at an early age. Heck, I went to Catholic Schools, and I figured it out at an early age.

Only if you have a delusion that a lump of tissue the size of a kidney bean should have more rights than the woman it is inside.

You think that the feminist movement was about "girls' sports"? Frankly, the only people I see freaking out about the trans community are straight men, usually because they are afraid they might pick one up in a bar by accident.

Here's a good place to start. Turn off Fox News and Hate Radio. That would be a good place to start. They are lying to you, they know they are lying to you, and they don't care.

You must understand, and accept that all Democrats are useless pedophiles...and Republicans, love satisfying their fantasies.

Only then can you truly be free of the false paradigm.

Turn off the TV, log off the internet and join the real world for a few months

The fact is, on almost of of those issues there is a flat out RIGHT or WRONG.

The bed wetters ARE WRONG. They can't even logically argue there is:

Righteousness in coldly dismissing your thoughts and prayers in times of tragedy, namely with mass shootings or accusing you or anyone else of being racist or "homophobic" when we clearly are not.

Righteousness in asserting skin color gives some people privilege, when it's clear the laws as they are grant advantages to everyone who isn't a shade over slightly toasted. Even lilly white asians are discriminated by leftists for "overachieving" unless they can otherwise be used to promote some racial division.

Malevolence in voicing concerns about the 2020 election and that the facts are unfounded. In 2020 we had 168M Voters. 75 For Trump/ 81 for a basement dwelling jabbering potato. They mean to tell us there was a 92% voter turnout during a so called "pandemic" and that all the video evidence we have seen that exposed shenanigans and fuckery afoot isn't real? Who's the "conspiracy theorists"?

Anything good about actively try to assimilate innocent children into a hyper-sexualized society, convincing them that deviants and perverts are role models, or that dudes with their junk tucked into a one piece should be allowed to kick the shit out of women in sports, use their bathrooms, or shower with them in the locker rooms.

That there is anything virtuous about denying the right of self defense while criminal political sociopaths are protected by squads of armed men.

Righteousness in asserting our laws have no meaning when it comes to crime, illegal immigration, or both as long as green haired communists are blowing shit up, setting fires, killing cops, destroying public and private property, plotting assassination because of agitprop surrounding the police neutralizing career violent criminals or because the SCOTUS might allow states to make infanticide a little more difficult.

You don't "moderate" on these issues. There is no "grey area" there. There is nothing "radical" about being a lawful, virtuous person.

The only thing "radical" would be to allow these parasites to get away with it.

You're no "radical"....The Overton window has been dragged so far to the left, that sanity is now seen by the left lunatics as "radical".

Quit allowing yourself to be gaslighted and defined by them.

How do I stop being a radical?

Relax, guy, relax.

How do I get away from this tribalism I've been sucked into? At what point do I stop myself from having to prove everyone wrong and actually take the objective route I once took with politics in general? This is a burning question as well as a thread meant to bring about discussion.

Proceed with caution….The filthy Left has owned the asses of the cowardly Right for decades by making them feel guilty for protecting and preserving REAL America.
I say be as ”radical” as you possibly can…..HATE the Left with extreme vigor and let them know of your hate every chance you get.

"STRADDLE the turf".

So what you're saying is your mind is made up and you're not changing your mind for anyone.

The major difference between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives think they're never wrong, and liberals are never sure if they're right.

The history of the world is that of liberals dragging the world forward with conservatives resisting every step of the way.

You're no "radical"....The Overton window has been dragged so far to the left, that sanity is now seen by the left lunatics as "radical".

Quit allowing yourself to be gaslighted and defined by them.
/thread

The history of the world is that of liberals dragging the world forward with conservatives resisting every step of the way.
Hahahaha….that’s some funny shit.
There is not one single leftist policy or ideal that has led to something PROGRESSIVE / improved for the nation as a whole. Literally every single thing filthy leftards push is aimed to benefit some bizarre faction of filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back