I don’t think there is time to fill Ginsberg seat on the Court.

There has never been a vacancy to the court for which the sitting president did not appoint a replacement

Obama does not count?

Obama did appoint someone, or nominated i guess is the proper term. Merrick Garland.

Trump can nominate all he wants
It is the confirmation that will be contentious

Yep. Pubs control the Senate, however. It will be contentious for sure, but there will be a vote and the nominee will be seated. Little doubt about it, really.

Not so easy

I see Murkowski,Collins and Romney blocking a vote

That makes it 50-50

We'll see.

IMO, they'll posture, horsetrade, then come up up with a justification, preen for the cameras and vote. Even if they cant convince one of the 3 to do so, which is unlikely, IMO, there is a tiebreaker vote. That's the VP, Pence.

Bread and circuses about to commence. The outcome is I'd say 90% certain.
Mitch does not have any brownie points with any of the three.
Corey Gardner is another candidate trying to distance himself from Trump

If he wins, Kelly can take office in November in Arizona

Either way, there are going to be some outraged politicians

That anti-Americanm unqualified, illiterate beast has probably been dead for a while before the official release. A real Supreme Court Judge needs to be appointed ASAP.

Yeah folks, this'll be a short one - Only 2 hours and 17 minutes.
Did you sit through this pile of excrement? No wonder why ya are the way ya are! ;)

There has never been a vacancy to the court for which the sitting president did not appoint a replacement

Obama does not count?

Obama did appoint someone, or nominated i guess is the proper term. Merrick Garland.

Yep. Pubs control the Senate, however. It will be contentious for sure, but there will be a vote and the nominee will be seated. Little doubt about it, really.

Not so easy

That makes it 50-50

We'll see.

IMO, they'll posture, horsetrade, then come up up with a justification, preen for the cameras and vote. Even if they cant convince one of the 3 to do so, which is unlikely, IMO, there is a tiebreaker vote. That's the VP, Pence.

It's not Mitch's brownie points or lack thereof, it's how they think their actions will impact them. These are politicians we're talking about.

There are always outraged politicians. Can't even take their outrage seriously, as it's staged nonsense 99.9% of the time.

Gonna be interesting, that's for sure. What tidbits will the Dems dig up on the nominee. Will Gloria Allred bring in some victims. Will they be members of the Pedo Island Platinum elite club. What does George Soros think. Did they wear panties on their heads at a frat party 20 years ago or play grab ass with a cheerleader in High School. Are they anti-women, even if women, anti-gay, anti this or that. lol. They playwrites are tuning up that much is for sure. Politics today are a damn joke....

Trump learns quickly......and he has likely vetted every name he will put up for the nomination....Kavanaugh showed him who and what the democrats are and exactly what they will do for power...........

Trump learns quickly? :auiqs.jpg:
Cryin' Kav showed us who he was all right!

DoxKXvsU0AAzazY.jpg

What will happen if McConnell rams through a nomination after his shenanigans in 2016?

If Trump wins.....business as usual

If Trump loses and Dems take the Senate, there will be hell to pay.

Packing the court in retaliation is a given
So is ending all filibusters in the Senate

If Donnie and McTurtle succeed with this crap, and then Dems hold all three branches of government in January - Watch as SCOTUS get expanded from 9 to 13 and Biden starts packing the empty seats. Payback for stealing two seats will be a bitch! :)

Obama does not count?

Not so easy

That makes it 50-50

We'll see.

It's not Mitch's brownie points or lack thereof, it's how they think their actions will impact them. These are politicians we're talking about.

There are always outraged politicians. Can't even take their outrage seriously, as it's staged nonsense 99.9% of the time.

Gonna be interesting, that's for sure. What tidbits will the Dems dig up on the nominee. Will Gloria Allred bring in some victims. Will they be members of the Pedo Island Platinum elite club. What does George Soros think. Did they wear panties on their heads at a frat party 20 years ago or play grab ass with a cheerleader in High School. Are they anti-women, even if women, anti-gay, anti this or that. lol. They playwrites are tuning up that much is for sure. Politics today are a damn joke....
I doubt another Kavanaugh situation

But every statement, every decision, every action will be reviewed with a fine tooth comb.

Make it harder to justify confirmation in six weeks

What will happen if McConnell rams through a nomination after his shenanigans in 2016?

If Trump wins.....business as usual

If Trump loses and Dems take the Senate, there will be hell to pay.

Packing the court in retaliation is a given
So is ending all filibusters in the Senate

If Donnie and McTurtle succeed with this crap, and then Dems hold all three branches of government in January - Watch as SCOTUS get expanded from 9 to 13 and Biden starts packing the empty seats. Payback for stealing two seats will be a bitch! :)
If McConnell succeeds with his hypocritical confirmation, Democrats will be justifiably outraged.

Packing the court is an expected retaliation. As is abandoning the filibuster in the Senate.

Obama does not count?

Not so easy

That makes it 50-50

We'll see.

I doubt another Kavanaugh situation

But every statement, every decision, every action will be reviewed with a fine tooth comb.

Make it harder to justify confirmation in six weeks

I fully expect it. The prevalence of smear campaigns in politics is greater than ever. This is a very high stakes prize. They'll be insulting this person's dog and unborn grandchildren before it's over. They'll be nazis, they'll be anti women, they'll be straight from the bowels of hell sent by Satan himself.

They'll throw endless shit at the wall and anything that seems to gain traction, they'll focus on with rabid attacks in the press and anywhere else they can think of. I wouldn't be surprised to see TV commercials on this issue, smearing whoever this ends up being with whatever political poop they can think of.

Kavanaugh showed that vetting is essential.
If by “vetting“ you mean beating the bushes for liars then democrats better get busy

If anyone would have been ambushed it would have been Gorsich. Hé was filling a stolen seat.

Yet, he went through relatively easy.
It was Kavanaugh who had ghosts in his closet

Kavanaugh didn't have any ghosts in his closet....they lied and committed slander and libel against him...protected by their positions in the Senate and by the press.....

She passed a lie detector test
Kavanaugh refused to take one

Any sociopath can pass a lie detector test..........

As can someone telling the truth.

Plenty of time between now and Jan 3. Election Day is not "The Day". Current Senate session lasts until Jan 3. That is "The Day".

There has never been a vacancy to the court for which the sitting president did not appoint a replacement. This will be no different. The short list already exists. We will see an appointment within 2 weeks if not less. There will be a vote. The appointee will be seated.

Obama did not get his pick did he?

Plenty of time between now and Jan 3. Election Day is not "The Day". Current Senate session lasts until Jan 3. That is "The Day".

There has never been a vacancy to the court for which the sitting president did not appoint a replacement. This will be no different. The short list already exists. We will see an appointment within 2 weeks if not less. There will be a vote. The appointee will be seated.

His nominee was not confirmed, but he did nominate someone.

Republicans are gonna fuck this up. They won't send anyone through when they have the power to. If they don't do this now and Trump loses the senate and the WH, it's over.

I'm pretty certain they will wait until after it is too late.

Do you really think they could it pushed through AND get votes prior tbe election?

These Republican Senators are vulnerable: Arizona's Martha McSally, Colorado's Cory Gardner, Georgia's David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, Maine's Susan Collins, North Carolina's Thom Tillis, Montana's Steve Daines and Iowa's Joni Ernst.

One thing for sure, this could galvanize Democrats to get out and vote. Committing to a SCOTUS vote prior to the election could guarantee a loss.

There was no vote scheduled.

Republicans are gonna fuck this up. They won't send anyone through when they have the power to. If they don't do this now and Trump loses the senate and the WH, it's over.

I'm pretty certain they will wait until after it is too late.

Do you really think they could it pushed through AND get votes prior tbe election.

These Republican Senators are vulnerable: Arizona's Martha McSally, Colorado's Cory Gardner, Georgia's David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, Maine's Susan Collins, North Carolina's Thom Tillis, Montana's Steve Daines and Iowa's Joni Ernst.

One thing for sure, this could galvanize Democrats to get out and vote. Committing to a SCOTUS vote prior to the election could guarantee a loss.

You forgot Little Lindsey who is in a dead heat against Jamie Harrison.
Just imagine what Jamie could do with THIS! :D

There was no vote scheduled.

And?

This won't get filled until after the election.
Not sure that is the smart play politically.

Smart and politics no longer belong in the same sentence.

My statement was just a statement of what I believe will happen.

If there is not a butt in her seat on election day, the Democratic party will emphasize that if the senate is taken over by Democrats, there will be a chance of either sabotaging Trump's pick OR confirming Harris's err I mean Biden's. There will be that argument made anyway until the seat is filled but it only counts until 11/3.

On the other hand....

I doubt red state voters are astute enough to consider such things but if you nominate a real clunker...it may hurt the R's politically. Nobody will be regarded as a "real clunker" by the right wing media of course but if they have embarrassing public appearances or the Kav moment where he lost his marbles....you're screwed there too.
The only question at this point is how many GOP senators are willing to fall on the sword over this
Well allow me to answer: 0

Our government is populated by beings that are and can be expected to be so selfish and cowardly that they would put their own ambitions and enrichment ahead of this country and its future. We call these beings "humans". Systemic change is in order.

Democrats will have the congress and white house at some point. Then they will expand the court and quickly appoint 2-4 judges. If not more. I hope they pack it with 6 or 8 more. The only way we get real changes to our system is when the white wing complains. So give them something to complain about.

Forum List

Back