i discovered that im a bit jewish

with my genetic test, but im still uncertain how much and if im a little bit ashkenazi or if im sephardi then i could be a bit more etc. i didnt suspected any jewish ancestry at all, it is big surprise. i hope it is true though because jews are cool. my parents claim it is wrong though. they dont know it, it must be more distant or hidden.

countriesofancestryashkenazijewish30_06_2014.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AozAlLETb94

We all have 'some DNA' in common with frogs, doesn't mean any of us are part frog. I dunno how reliable that site is consequently. If you think we Jews are cool though and wanna wave the flag go ahead. :)

i dont know how reliable that is, but it is a wrong comparison with frogs, my test means i have some jewish ancestry, probably just a little bit though. if it is true at all. im a bit joking i dont see myself as jew - there are laws who is a jew and being a few % jewish doesnt make you jewish if at all, but jews are cool.
Thank you,where did you live in Serbia?

Only part Jewish? Which part of the Torah do you believe then?

If his father is Jewish then he is Jewish. If not he isn't. Which is why the Bloodline comes from the father and not the mother. I realize this is a very contraversial subject to some but the science proves that the bloodline comes from the Father and Scripture confirms that. If it were through the women it would mean the 12 Tribes of Israel were not Jewish. Of course we know the 12 Tribes of israel were Jewish which again confirms the bloodline comes through the Father. This is why Jews are called the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob instead of Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel. Both Rebecca and Rachel were Gentiles. So was the mother of Boaz and Obed. Note* the Halacha was written by sages and is not found in the Torah.

I have a friend whose father is a Jew and his father was a Jew but the mother of my friend is a Gentile. It was quite a discovery to him to learn he was a full blooded Jew as he has been told his entire life he was only "part Jewish".

Wrong Jeri , If the Mother is Jewish that is how Jewish lineage is accepted not the father

Why Is Jewishness Passed Down Through the Mother? - Celebrating Jewish Womanhood

http://judaism.about.com/od/whois4/f/jewishid_reform.htm

Last edited:

If his father is Jewish then he is Jewish. If not he isn't. Which is why the Bloodline comes from the father and not the mother. I realize this is a very contraversial subject to some but the science proves that the bloodline comes from the Father and Scripture confirms that. If it were through the women it would mean the 12 Tribes of Israel were not Jewish. Of course we know the 12 Tribes of israel were Jewish which again confirms the bloodline comes through the Father. This is why Jews are called the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob instead of Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel. Both Rebecca and Rachel were Gentiles. So was the mother of Boaz and Obed. Note* the Halacha was written by sages and is not found in the Torah.

I have a friend whose father is a Jew and his father was a Jew but the mother of my friend is a Gentile. It was quite a discovery to him to learn he was a full blooded Jew as he has been told his entire life he was only "part Jewish".

Wrong Jeri , If the Mother is Jewish that is how Jewish lineage is accepted not the father

Why Is Jewishness Passed Down Through the Mother? - Celebrating Jewish Womanhood

Ask the Reform Rabbi - Am I Jewish?

Who Is a Jew?

Level: Basic 101

Judaism 101: Who Is a Jew?

Ask the Reform Rabbi - Am I Jewish?

Who Is a Jew?

Level: Basic 101

Judaism 101: Who Is a Jew?

Why is Judaism passed down through the mother?

Ask the Expert: Matrilineal Descent - My Jewish Learning

http://www.beingjewish.com/identity/whoisajew.html

Last edited:

If the mother is Jewish the child is Jewish and will be a Jew and be able to claim the right of return in Israel there is no such thing as part Jewish. If the mother is gentile the children are considered gentile .. Who is a Jew, according to the Torah?

If the mother is Jewish the child is Jewish and will be a Jew and be able to claim the right of return in Israel there is no such thing as part Jewish. If the mother is gentile the children are considered gentile .. Who is a Jew, according to the Torah?

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do.

This is exactly how my cousin phrased it to me. He converted a couple of years ago, and invited me to the (whatever it's called). I thought the ceremony was very moving. Our family may very well have Jewish lineage, but it's been diluted over the generations.

We all have 'some DNA' in common with frogs, doesn't mean any of us are part frog. I dunno how reliable that site is consequently. If you think we Jews are cool though and wanna wave the flag go ahead. :)

i dont know how reliable that is, but it is a wrong comparison with frogs, my test means i have some jewish ancestry, probably just a little bit though. if it is true at all. im a bit joking i dont see myself as jew - there are laws who is a jew and being a few % jewish doesnt make you jewish if at all, but jews are cool.

Im from Voivodina.

Im from Voivodina.[/QUOTE [MENTION=25218]InquiringMind[/MENTION] my wifes relatives are from Krusevac and Belgrade:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do.[/QUOTE [MENTION=48060]guno[/MENTION] our next Prime minister is a Jewish Atheist like me Ed Miliband says he doesn't think God exists, but faith is part of who he is | Mail Online

Ps do you think your country is ready for an atheist Potus:eusa_angel:

Wait a sec...so "jewish" being a culture and or idiotic religion is a pile of bullshit and it is all about race? That is racist isn't it? Therefore the zionist regime is totally and completely racist by definition. By the way Ancestry dot com has me listed with 7% and it is ridiculous because nobody knows who the actual Israelites or Judahs were and what their DNA was.

Last edited:
Wait a sec...so "jewish" being a culture and or idiotic religion is a pile of bullshit and it is all about race? That is racist isn't it? Therefore the zionist regime is totally and completely racist by definition. By the way Ancestry dot com has me listed with 7% and it is ridiculous because nobody knows who the actual Israelites or Judahs were and what their DNA was.
2000 Years ago after the Romans conquered Israel the sent 99% of the population to exile spreading them mostly in Europe, those who remained in Europe later addressed 'Ashkenazi' as the old Bohemian kingdom of Germany by the Hebrew name.
those who came to Africa became 'Sepharadi' comes from word Sfaradi(Spanish) after the Inquisition in Spain mostly fled to nearby states or mostly to Africa, we all share the same genetic ancestors and we have a long going records since Judaism is very caring about the relation between the family and the promise of god to Jacob, according to Judaism the Mother affects the new born more than the father so its very specific about genetic relation to Judaism, note that some none-origin Jews conversed over the years but are 1% roughly, I can tell you that when I made a research about my family ancestors I've reached 350 years ago to my ancestors in Morocco and farther more to my family name that represent sometimes the place I've came from.
Israel declared as a state to firstly provide shelter to Jewish mainly after the Holocaust and the riots in Africa therefore being a Jewish provides you instantly an Israeli ID, but Israel is also a state of democracy which makes it even harder term to manage, I don't want to get into it but if you like we can discuss that in a different time.
2000 years ago Jewish were hunted down and it is still unpleasant to hear that even now we cannot live in peace, the Jewish kingdom of Israel is the most ancient kingdom exist in our times, 1% of the Jewish 2000 years ago still remained in Israel and have a lot to tell you about who came here first, its very easy to point and blame and much harder to answer each one but let me put it that way - I'm sorry to inform you but we are not about to leave.

Forum List

Back