I Decided To Skip The Game

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...if Yankee players were taking a knee during the national anthem.

But I didn't see it on ESPN until they played a cut during the fifth inning....and pointed out that the kneeling was before the national anthem.
I could use that an an excuse.

But it doesn't sit well with me: what if the powers that be had dictated homage to the KKK or ANTIFA......both comparable to BLM.

"MLB turns Opening Day into Black Lives Matter tribute as all players, coaches kneel before national anthem
Every player and coach from the teams took a knee before the national anthem was played while holding a black ribbon-like fabric.

If the political theater seen on the field wasn’t enough to make fans forget about the game at hand, liberal actor Morgan Freeman’s voice echoed across the ballpark as he preached a social justice message.

“Today, and every day, we come together as brothers,” Freeman read as coaches and players knelt. “As equals, all with the same goal – to level the playing field. To change the injustices. Equality is not just a word. It’s our right.”

I learned the story of "The King's New Clothes" as a kid.
I understood it.

Yet.....here it is in real life.

Really disappointed.
I was hoping baseball was going to be the one sane sport left.
Dont know what I'm going to do come football season,I love the game but dont know if I can put up with the bullshit or not.
A question maybe someone here can answer...
If I change the channel during commercials will that be picked up by the networks and the advertisers?
That would be a good way to stick it to the NFL.
Kinda hard to justify paying for a commercial if no one is watching em.

The last time sports was politicized this way, most of us were on the same team ...

Stone throwing.jpg

Really disappointed.
Dont know what I'm going to do come football season,I love the game but dont know if I can put up with the bullshit or not.
If I change the channel during commercials will that be picked up by the networks and the advertisers?

My pal said to write to MLB and to all the sponsors and explain why I will no longer patronize them. I don't know if I'm willing to go to the trouble.

Really disappointed.

My pal said to write to MLB and to all the sponsors and explain why I will no longer patronize them. I don't know if I'm willing to go to the trouble.

I dont think it's necessary.
They'll see the drop in viewership and that should be enough to show our displeasure.
Be interesting to see if they report on the lost numbers.

Really disappointed.
It might not hurt to try that. I have often wished the sponsors had a way of knowing if hitting the mute button could somehow be detected by them. I don't think so, but I am always wishing it would.

I may have a way of finding out if the loss in numbers is published. If I do, I will let you know. ;)

As I have posted on this forum before, it is stupid (I hate to use that word, but it is too apropos to exclude here) to protest FOR something that cannot be measured or quantified (racism), or AGAINST something that will never end (lethal conflicts between police and Black criminals).

The usual response to this observation is that "We want equality," which is contrary to reality, fatuous, and sophomoric. The kind of equality that CAN be achieved - equal rights under the law - has already been achieved to the extent humanly possible. And what have "you" done with it?

Ironically, the unstated objective of the demonstrations and riots - the desire to be left alone by the police - has ALREADY resulted in a measurable crime wave in Democrat-controlled cities with large Black populations. The police are no longer willing to risk their lives to protect the interests of law-abiding residents of those communities, knowing that every confrontation, regardless of its appropriateness, will become the catalyst for some sort of violent unrest. In effect the police - both white and Black - are saying with their actions, "Fuck it, and fuck you."

A true case of Just Desserts.

"Rabbi Calls for Baseball Boycott Until MLB Disengages from Hate-Filled Politics of BLM

1595714587785.png

I enjoin each of us to push our beloved baseball back into the arena of home runs and outs, and pray that we will soon return to a national pastime that is devoid of politics—and where people are not judged by the color of their skin, the politics of their party, or their religion, but rather are respected for the content of their character and their ability on the field.

Until then, I will stay away from MLB and hope I am joined by many others as we “stare out the window” waiting for baseball without hate-filled politics to return."

Tonight's Yankee game has been cancelled.....

Does that mean that Hicks and Stanton will have to take a knee at home?

Do they invite neighbors in to witness the display?

What's the protocol here?

I'm not going to watch a MLB game until March when the 2021 season starts. This season should have been cancelled instead of having a 60 game season in front of no fans!
Exactly,that’s absurd and rediculous to even have a baseball season this year.same thing with the NFL,with a game where there is so much contact involved,the NFL should not even think of discussing having a season this year.

Forum List

Back