I Can't Do It Anymore...

I am an easy-going guy. I don't get upset by all the horror in the world because horror has always been (and seems will always be) the human condition.

I see violence, I see suffering, I see cruelty every day in my job, I believed I was immured to it.

It turns out, there is a limit.

If you try to create a moral equivalency between Israelis defending the very lives of their citizens, if you try to rationalize the unthinkable cruelty of Hamas and their supporters among the Palestinian population, if you try to convince me there this is a two-sided conflict, I will ignore you.

I will not engage with you. I will ignore you.

I will maintain my friendships with Muslims (of which I have quite a few) and with those people of liberal persuasion, just as long as they NEVER mention the conflict in Israel.

That subject cannot be discussed in those terms and I will not pretend that it can.

If you support or defend Hamas, you want Jews dead, and that means you want me dead.

I am not afraid of those who want me dead, but I won't pay them the respect of trying to understand their reasons.

Feel free to try and sell your poison to anyone who will listen. But, I will not listen.
Scrooge: I think the world is becoming a very hard and cruel place, Mr. Marley. One must steel oneself to survive it and not be crushed under.

It’s hard to deal with antisemites, who laugh over death threats to Jews. I’d say that liberals who are just fine with all the antisemitism are not merely “having a different opinion.”

I say he can do what he wants. I myself have started to limit my social interactions to other Jews, other than the anti-Israel ones, and it’s helpful. We all do what works for us in coping with the hateful liberals like you.
Hating Jews is now PC, thanks to the Left.

I am an easy-going guy. I don't get upset by all the horror in the world because horror has always been (and seems will always be) the human condition.

I see violence, I see suffering, I see cruelty every day in my job, I believed I was immured to it.

It turns out, there is a limit.

If you try to create a moral equivalency between Israelis defending the very lives of their citizens, if you try to rationalize the unthinkable cruelty of Hamas and their supporters among the Palestinian population, if you try to convince me there this is a two-sided conflict, I will ignore you.

I will not engage with you. I will ignore you.

I will maintain my friendships with Muslims (of which I have quite a few) and with those people of liberal persuasion, just as long as they NEVER mention the conflict in Israel.

That subject cannot be discussed in those terms and I will not pretend that it can.

If you support or defend Hamas, you want Jews dead, and that means you want me dead.

I am not afraid of those who want me dead, but I won't pay them the respect of trying to understand their reasons.

Feel free to try and sell your poison to anyone who will listen. But, I will not listen.

Well said. I think many, many people in the US of all political persuasions are completely shocked and totally appalled at how enthusiastically many on the left have embraced Hamas, virulent anti-Semitism, and unprovoked violence against Jews.

There's going to be a massive exodus of Jewish voters from the DemoKKKrat party (it's already underway). The DemoKKKrats have chosen the side they want to be on, and it's plain for everyone to see. They will go down in history alongside Hitler's Third Reich.

There is a mixture of being complicit and brain washed, much like the Nazi youth were sent out as children with machine guns during WW 2.

Very sad.
HAMAS took some Palestinian children with them as a “teaching moment” as they set Jewish children on fire or lopped off their heads.

No.

I would compare to goodness as comparing it to light. Both exist,

Conversely, I would compare evil to darkness. Darkness does not exist. There is nothing to measure with darkness except the absence of light.
Light cannot exist without darkness.

The north side of the mountain cannot exist without the south side of the mountain.

Well said. I think many, many people in the US of all political persuasions are completely shocked and totally appalled at how enthusiastically many on the left have embraced Hamas, virulent anti-Semitism, and unprovoked violence against Jews.

There's going to be a massive exodus of Jewish voters from the DemoKKKrat party (it's already underway). The DemoKKKrats have chosen the side they want to be on, and it's plain for everyone to see. They will go down in history alongside Hitler's Third Reich.
I now know how it felt to live in Nazi Germany

They just all came out of the wood work at the same time.

Light cannot exist without darkness.

The north side of the mountain cannot exist without the south side of the mountain.
No, darkness does not exist. There is nothing to measure. You cannot measure what is not there.

If not, what are you measuring with darkness?

Lets just face it…
Netanyahu is an incompetent thug

He was caught totally unprepared when Hamas attacked. No way should Israel not realized what was happening. Israel has among the best Intelligence in the world and they were clueless.

So Netanyahu is playing tough guy to save his political skin. it may make him look good in the short term but the long term political consequences will be devastating

Hating Jews is now PC, thanks to the Left.
It’s nauseating. In 2020, the target was white cops. In 2024, it is Jews.

I am going to a big Hanukkah party Thursday night, with 200 expected. It will be inside, and the hall we rented said they will have armed security, and every guest will have to go through a metal detector.

Horrible that leftists have turned America into a place where it isn’t safe for Jews to have a party.

Lets just face it…

He was caught totally unprepared when Hamas attacked. No what should Israel not realized what was happening. Israel has among the best Intelligence in the world and they were clueless.

So Netanyahu is playing tough guy to save his political skin. it may make him look good in the short term but the long term political consequences will be devastating
The blame lies with the Arab monsters…..but like a trained liberal, you default to blaming the Jew. You’re acting just as HAMAS figured.

No, darkness does not exist. There is nothing to measure. You cannot measure what is not there.

If not, what are you measuring with darkness?
With what are you measuring light if not against the darkness?

It’s hard to deal with antisemites, who laugh over death threats to Jews. I’d say that liberals who are just fine with all the antisemitism are not merely “having a different opinion.”

I say he can do what he wants. I myself have started to limit my social interactions to other Jews, other than the anti-Israel ones, and it’s helpful. We all do what works for us in coping with the hateful liberals like you.
Any criticism of Israel is antisemitism to you. I don't take you seriously anymore

Lets just face it…

He was caught totally unprepared when Hamas attacked. No way should Israel not realized what was happening. Israel has among the best Intelligence in the world and they were clueless.

^^^as Hellokitty said, he’s reacting just as HAMAS predicted American liberals would: blame da Joo.

Any criticism of Israel is antisemitism to you. I don't take you seriously anymore
And I you, since I posted a thread delineating under which circumstances criticism of Israel is antisemitic. You did the libersl thing: ignore the article, and make a false accusation.

Forum List

Back