'I am not a Jew with trembling knees'

Isn’t Ukraine the country in which Biden’s drug addict son got paid $1 million a year for doing nothing? And now Biden is continuing to hand money to this corrupt country, with no accountability whatsoever? Hmmmm.

How is this relevant to supporting Ukraine’s right to defend itself?

It is a defensive campaign. The Muslim terrorists have sworn to keep repeating October 7th until every last Jewish baby, child, man, and woman are found and tortured to death. Israel Is destroying their ability to carry out their threat of genocide.

You make it sound like the IDF commander woke up one day and said to himself….hey, this would be a good day to bomb Palestinians.

The American left does not care. They won't be happy until the Jews are driven out. They only want Islamists throughout the region.

Isn’t Ukraine the country in which Biden’s drug addict son got paid $1 million a year for doing nothing? And now Biden is continuing to hand money to this corrupt country, with no accountability whatsoever? Hmmmm.

Yet when it comes to standing firmly behind the Israeli Jews, and helping it defeat Muslim terrorists sworn to the eradication of Israel and her people, Biden speaks with a forked tongue and withholds arms. The ONLY explanation, as despicable as it is, is that he wants to show the Muslims in swing-state Michigan, along with the millions of misguided pro-Palestinian protestors, that he sides with Muslims against Jews. This is what we comtinue to see from leftists, in general.
He won't have Muslim support as long as he tries to take the middle of the road as if both sides are equal

I do support the Ukraine's right to defend itself and I approve helping the Ukraine do that so long as we know exactly how they are using the aid we give them. Israel is completely transparent in that regard.

And what if Ukraine was using weapons in a manner we find unacceptable or even possibly violating national or international law? What should our response be?

(Russia has not given its mission in life to kill all Ukrainians and erase the Ukraine from the face of the Earth. Hamas's one mission in life is to do that to the Jews and Israel and to continue to do it until Israel is gone. Therein is the difference.)

That is debatable, given history and current ambitions.

Ukraine IS fighting an existential war. How is that any different than Israel?

But for Biden to sign off on a bipartisan bill that funded the Ukraine, the second most corrupt country in all of Europe who is fighting Russia, the most corrupt country in all of Europe and withhold the funding Congress passed for Israel, our one dependable and long lasting ally in the Middle East, is just unconscionable.
Biden tied aid for Israel with aid for Ukraine and Taiwan, good for him. They all deserve our support but for some reason, some Republicans think only Israel does.

If Ukraine was using weapons we provided in away that might not be inline with national or international law, I would support pausing on delivering those particular types of weapons.

What funding is Biden withholding? From what I’ve seen it is only a tiny fraction of the weaponry slated for Israel has been withheld and in terms of funding Biden has fully commited to funding for Israel, he just refuses to ditch Ukraine.

There’s no comparison.. Antisemitism has skyrocketed…Islamophobia up a bit. While neither is good, the crisis level is antisemitism.

And nobody is blocking Muslims from going to class, spitting on them, bullying them, assaulting them, and marching around calling for their deaths.
Islamophobia has skyrocke. It’s in the stats and reports. And yes they’ve been attacked in schools as well, Google it. Look at Palestinians Americans are being vilified. Is anyone calling for Jews to be deported? Trying to pass laws restricting Jews from immigrating here?

It is all bringing out the ugliest parts of America. A dangerous time to be a minority.

And what if Ukraine was using weapons in a manner we find unacceptable or even possibly violating national or international law? What should our response be?

Biden tied aid for Israel with aid for Ukraine and Taiwan, good for him. They all deserve our support but for some reason, some Republicans think only Israel does.

If Ukraine was using weapons we provided in away that might not be inline with national or international law, I would support pausing on delivering those particular types of weapons.

What funding is Biden withholding? From what I’ve seen it is only a tiny fraction of the weaponry slated for Israel has been withheld and in terms of funding Biden has fully commited to funding for Israel, he just refuses to ditch Ukraine.
Trying to compare the Ukraine and Russia conflict with what is happening between Israel and Hamas is absolutely comparing oranges and apples and is not helpful or even a rational analogy.

Russia may or may not have a valid argument that they were acting in self defense. I don't buy that and have NEVER defended their attack of the Ukraine. But at least their stated reason for attacking was self defense. Their intention was certainly never genocide of the Ukranians.

Hamas's stated reason for attacking Israel is that Jews must die and Israel must be erased from the river to the sea. Their stated intentions before and now are genocide of the Jews.

Trying to equate the two different wars as the same thing is not helpful.

Islamophobia has skyrocke. It’s in the stats and reports. And yes they’ve been attacked in schools as well, Google it. Look at Palestinians Americans are being vilified. Is anyone calling for Jews to be deported? Trying to pass laws restricting Jews from immigrating here?

It is all bringing out the ugliest parts of America. A dangerous time to be a minority.
I have seen no Islamophobia other than a few inappropriate mean spirited comments. I have seen criticism of their attempts to change America and impose Sharia law here. I have seen criticism of their genocidal intent to kill all Jews. I have seen criticism of their chants of DEATH TO JEWS! DEATH TO ISRAEL! DEATH TO AMERICA! But I have not seen Islamophobia against Islam as a demographic of people.

Stop with these comparisons. Nobody is saying to deport Muslims. We are saying that ANY foreign student participating in campus unrest, and illegally occupying private grounds, and partaking in encampments where they yell for Jews to go back to the ovens, should be deported.

And again, the Hitler-level hatred on campuses is directed at JEWS. The people marching on the streets are screaming Death to JEWS. Stop downplaying it by saying it’s happening against Muslims too. Not at this level, it isn’t.

As far as immigration, we should not be allowing people who support the genocide of Jews to come here. Why so tolerant with people who despise Jews, and want them dead?

I am perfectly all right with calling out Islamic calls to exterminate Jews and will continue to identify that as the evil it is and those defending them as promoting evil. You can pretty well count on that.
Do you call out calls to exterminate Palestinians ? Is that evil? There seems to be a lack of consensus on “evil” based on religion and ethnicity.

No one in this country should have to feel afraid of violence directed at them because of of their religious, ethnic, racial or sexual identity. No one should have to hide their identity, remove the symbols of their religion from their homes or hide their garb because who they are. Everyone should feel equally protected and safe whether on the streets or on the college campuses or in the actions of their legislatures. Would you agree?

If you see no difference between the two wars and I cannot convince you with facts, we might as well let it lie. There is NO comparison between the two.

I haven't argued that Biden should ditch Ukraine. I have argued that he should release the funding in whatever form that Congress authorized for Israel as well.

How is this relevant to supporting Ukraine’s right to defend itself?
The discussion is why is Biden handing money over to corrupt Ukraine, hand over fist, no questions asked….and then pulling back support from Israel?

Why is he treating the corrupt country better than our ally? I think it MAY be relevant that his family has become filthy doing “business” in Ukraine. That, or he just has double standards for the Jews.

Do you call out calls to exterminate Palestinians ? Is that evil? There seems to be a lack of consensus on “evil” based on religion and ethnicity.

No one in this country should have to feel afraid of violence directed at them because of of their religious, ethnic, racial or sexual identity. No one should have to hide their identity, remove the symbols of their religion from their homes or hide their garb because who they are. Everyone should feel equally protected and safe whether on the streets or on the college campuses or in the actions of their legislatures. Would you agree?
Nobody is calling to exterminate Palestinians. HAMAS and its supporters have called for the extrrmination of Jews.

Your attempt to draw parallels to defend Muslims, while in effect downplaying the targeted hate and demonization of Jews, is not passing muster.

If you see no difference between the two wars and I cannot convince you with facts, we might as well let it lie. There is NO comparison between the two.

I haven't argued that Biden should ditch Ukraine. I have argued that he should release the funding in whatever form that Congress authorized for Israel as well.
Thanks….I‘m with you. She has a major blind spot, and I’m running out of patience.

The discussion is why is Biden handing money over to corrupt Ukraine, hand over fist, no questions asked….and then pulling back support from Israel?

Why is he treating the corrupt country better than our ally? I think it MAY be relevant that his family has become filthy doing “business” in Ukraine. That, or he just has double standards for the Jews.
I don't know what Biden's motive is or if he is any longer cognitively competent enough to even have a motive. But you're right. No condition or qualifications for massive aid allocated to the Ukraine but withholding necessary arms from Israel because he doesn't approve of how Israel uses them? Not cool. Or ethical in my opinion.

….
Trying to compare the Ukraine and Russia conflict with what is happening between Israel and Hamas is absolutely comparing oranges and apples and is not helpful or even a rational analogy.

Russia may or may not have a valid argument that they were acting in self defense. I don't buy that and have NEVER defended their attack of the Ukraine. But at least their stated reason for attacking was self defense. Their intention was certainly never genocide of the Ukranians.

Hamas's stated reason for attacking Israel is that Jews must die and Israel must be erased from the river to the sea. Their stated intentions before and now are genocide of the Jews.

Trying to equate the two different wars as the same thing is not helpful.
Russia has no valid argument that it was acting in self defense…that is pretty surreal but in line with the propaganda China and Russia has been spreading about Ukraine.

A lot of similarities here.

Both countries are fighting existential conflicts.
Both ethnic groups have faced significant attempts to erase them as a people in their regions.
Both were invaded first (neither initiated the conflict).
Both were the victims of war crimes during the invasions.

The only difference I see is Ukraines opponent is many many times larger than itself in terms of population and resources.

Israel’s opponent is far smaller than Israel, less well armed and has little regional support. I have full faith Israel can accomplish at least enough of its goals to guarantee the integrity of its nation and the safety of its citizens while Ukraine is truly fighting as David against Goliath.

Nobody is calling to exterminate Palestinians. HAMAS and its supporters have called for the extrrmination of Jews.

Your attempt to draw parallels to defend Muslims, while in effect downplaying the targeted hate and demonization of Jews, is not passing muster.
I linked to it Lisa.

….

Russia has no valid argument that it was acting in self defense…that is pretty surreal but in line with the propaganda China and Russia has been spreading about Ukraine.

A lot of similarities here.

Both countries are fighting existential conflicts.
Both ethnic groups have faced significant attempts to erase them as a people in their regions.
Both were invaded first (neither initiated the conflict).
Both were the victims of war crimes during the invasions.

The only difference I see is Ukraines opponent is many many times larger than itself in terms of population and resources.

Israel’s opponent is far smaller than Israel, less well armed and has little regional support. I have full faith Israel can accomplish at least enough of its goals to guarantee the integrity of its nation and the safety of its citizens while Ukraine is truly fighting as David against Goliath.
Do you honestly think Russia's purpose and intent is to exterminate or drive out all Ukrainians? That their intent is to kill women, children, babies? You'll have a very difficult time making a case for that.

Hamas is on the record that their intent is to exterminate all the Jews and erase Israel from the face of the Earth? And they do not intend to stop until they do.

How do you even begin trying to justify those two things as being the same?

I don't know what Biden's motive is or if he is any longer cognitively competent enough to even have a motive. But you're right. No condition or qualifications for massive aid allocated to the Ukraine but withholding necessary arms from Israel because he doesn't approve of how Israel uses them? Not cool. Or ethical in my opinion.
And remember…..the funding for it was already approved by Congress. Biden is actively seeks out a fortune to give to corrupt Ukraine by getting approval from Congress, and then turns around and HALTS a package to Israel that was already approved?

And Coyote’s attempt to justify this by saying Israel is fighting a smaller opponent doesn’t hold water. Congress knew that when they approved it.

Forum List

Back