I am a woman who likes to diy

I like painting, but it doesn't like me...
Carpentry I can deal with..
Yeah, I'm on a 3-day haitus from painting my blue fence... My fiance has been replacing the rotten boards created by dancing with the 5-tornado storm that took down 60' in the northwest pasture and rearranged the straight places into strangely-formed zigzags everywhere else. At the rate I'm painting, if I get two 10-foot sections of fence painted every day, it will take 2 or 3 years to complete. The Yahoos who painted it with spray pistolss watered my former 20-year-guaranteed paint into cracking 4 years later with light and dark spots where there was much communication with mildew and the wood beneath. :cranky: Since they refused to hand paint it which they originally agreed to do, they got canned before the job was done because I could actually see the wood beneath some areas they water-down sprayed with 60 gallons of formerly semigloss outdoor paint I had purchased with most of our life's savings account. When he came to pick up his "equipment," I noticed it vaguely resembled illegal substance equipment I'd seen on tv.

So now, I'm on my own with a brush and a small container filled with aqua blue paint. It's gonna be pretty, I hope. :)

Today I finished putting the fences for my arbour with my husband, I have to put on gloves because I don't like having small cuts on my fingers however I don't do mechanics, I very much likes the work that is related to outside work, that's it.
You know, if you get to "handy" people will begin to wonder....

Just saying...

Yeah, I'm on a 3-day haitus from painting my blue fence... My fiance has been replacing the rotten boards created by dancing with the 5-tornado storm that took down 60' in the northwest pasture and rearranged the straight places into strangely-formed zigzags everywhere else. At the rate I'm painting, if I get two 10-foot sections of fence painted every day, it will take 2 or 3 years to complete. The Yahoos who painted it with spray pistolss watered my former 20-year-guaranteed paint into cracking 4 years later with light and dark spots where there was much communication with mildew and the wood beneath. :cranky: Since they refused to hand paint it which they originally agreed to do, they got canned before the job was done because I could actually see the wood beneath some areas they water-down sprayed with 60 gallons of formerly semigloss outdoor paint I had purchased with most of our life's savings account. When he came to pick up his "equipment," I noticed it vaguely resembled illegal substance equipment I'd seen on tv.

So now, I'm on my own with a brush and a small container filled with aqua blue paint. It's gonna be pretty, I hope. :)
Oh! Not even asking about the blue. Hmm. Oh! Just nevermind. Wait..ever consider stain? :tomato:

Oh! Not even asking about the blue. Hmm. Oh! Just nevermind. Wait..ever consider stain? :tomato:
Can't stand the smell of stains. I love my satin-finish aqua sky blue paint color. It's the same color as my red-headed grandpa's eyes. I thought that his eyes should have been immortal when I was young. :) He was the most wonderful person.
1594863330264.png

Why is it a surprise that women pick up a freaking hammer from time to time? My wife learned to set the timing on a square bale machine when I was working full time.

You know, if you get to "handy" people will begin to wonder....

Just saying...
My father in law who came to make the arbor floor looked at me with a surprised look because he preferred to work alone with his darling son's but I told him not to be a sexist LOL. I'm feminine, I am not like some very strong built woman.
@aaronleland
I cook very well , I also like to cook

Dont make your house look too good, that is a red flag for the Commies who want to come and tear your gate down and then threaten to kill your dog...
We put a small padlock on the porch and also another one on the back door where we put our BBQ because we have been robbed in the past people can even steal your mosquito-proof candle, your ashtray, your gloves, your brush for your BBQ basically people can rob you anything

These are fake birds that we have placed in our tree.
100_0752.jpg

100_0751.jpg

For the fence which has been stretched and painted red and brown with bamboos that provide support.

100_0760.jpg

For the roof it is still bamboos and other materials with exterior lights.

100_0762.jpg

Forum List

Back