I agree generally with President Trump's immigration proposal

D

Dim Bulb

Good law. Speak English, have skills. I support it, good move. Only three nagging details to consider:

1. It only applies to legal immigration. While that is important, it's illegal immigration where more of the low skilled workers come in.

2. What about the hotel and farm businesses in America that rely on immigrants because frankly citizens don't want to do that work?

3. Will Melania get deported or is being a model a "highly skilled job"?

Good law. Speak English, have skills. I support it, good move. Only three nagging details to consider:

1. It only applies to legal immigration. While that is important, it's illegal immigration where more of the low skilled workers come in.

2. What about the hotel and farm businesses in America that rely on immigrants because frankly citizens don't want to do that work?

Have you got a link to number one?
I do know that we only have a max of 140K work VISAs.

I don't know why we then oppose the HB1 visas. I thought the Trump view was we don't need immigrants competing with our college grads. I'm all for eliminating illegal immigration, although I note I can't find anyone motivated to prune by shrubs for less than $50 and hour. I've always thought that illegal immigration has to be tied to people working and getting off welfare.

Imo immigration serves two purposes. 1. bring in workers we actually need. 2. allow people here and gainfully employed to bring in relatives who will bootstrap themselves, which not only furthers family but also targets motivated immigrants.

We don't need immigrants to work on farms. Farmers can adjust with more automation and a shift away from labor-intensive crops. If that's not good enough, we could buss panhandlers and negroes to farms for cheap day labor (they'd be happy to go if handout to them were sufficiently curtailed).

As a rule, we could say any job that on average pays at least double minimum-wage is a skilled job.

Congress needs to cut federal funds to sanctuary cities. Congress should look into ending and punishing all forms of accommodation of illegal aliens.

1. So what you are saying is we need regulations on people that are already breaking our regulations?

2. Americans will do any work provide the pay is satisfactory. If people can't find carry pickers and maids, they will offer more money to attract American workers like any other business.

3. Why would we deport an American citizen????

I don't know why we then oppose the HB1 visas. I thought the Trump view was we don't need immigrants competing with our college grads. I'm all for eliminating illegal immigration, although I note I can't find anyone motivated to prune by shrubs for less than $50 and hour. I've always thought that illegal immigration has to be tied to people working and getting off welfare.

This can be tied to health care. We can import doctors and nurses to bring down health care costs.

We can also focus on bringing in skilled labor we need. The example above doctors.

We can easily get Americans to do yard/farm work for cheaper than 50 dollars a hour: get rid of welfare. So pick strawberries and cut grass or die. It sounds cruel but some people need that push.

You forgot farming.

We don't need immigrants to work on farms. Farmers can adjust with more automation and a shift away from labor-intensive crops. If that's not good enough, we could buss panhandlers and negroes to farms for cheap day labor (they'd be happy to go if handout to them were sufficiently curtailed).

As a rule, we could say any job that on average pays at least double minimum-wage is a skilled job.

Congress needs to cut federal funds to sanctuary cities. Congress should look into ending and punishing all forms of accommodation of illegal aliens.
Oh yeah, Americans really want to pick fruit and lettuce. LOL

Why not? So many times the left here has told us there are not enough jobs for Americans out of work. If the money and benefits are right, Americans will do the job.

This can be tied to health care. We can import doctors and nurses to bring down health care costs.

We can also focus on bringing in skilled labor we need. The example above doctors.

We can easily get Americans to do yard/farm work for cheaper than 50 dollars a hour: get rid of welfare. So pick strawberries and cut grass or die. It sounds cruel but some people need that push.
Well the problem is that the people who aren't working generally don't live where the strawberries are. We've been using seasonal immigrant labor since after WWII and the migration from rural areas to cities.

We're not going to magically end our need for lower skilled agricultural workers. And some of those guest workers are rather skilled in working with horses and other animals. More so than I, and I've had a few horses over the years.

I don't know that we need nurses. The two kids I know who recently got degrees have jobs, but is there a shortage? The same with HB1 visas. Someone was posting our engineering grads don't have jobs. Again, I know two personally and both had mult job offers.

The actual proposal Cotton and Perdue introduced has already failed in the Senate, and this is just another "fake news story" aimed at Orange's base. However, there may be something to having the immigration folks actually identify what skills we need. The notion that we dont' want family members to immigrate is just bullshit though. There are generations of families who built businesses by having relatives move here and Work.

Why not? So many times the left here has told us there are not enough jobs for Americans out of work. If the money and benefits are right, Americans will do the job.
You can't get the unemployed slackers in Pa to move to ND for energy jobs. What fucking planet are you living on? Do you think all the unemployed blacks with kids are going to suddenly rediscover their agriculture skills and move to Colorado or Georgia to pick produce?

We don't need immigrants to work on farms. Farmers can adjust with more automation and a shift away from labor-intensive crops. If that's not good enough, we could buss panhandlers and negroes to farms for cheap day labor (they'd be happy to go if handouts to them were sufficiently curtailed).

Thank you for you stupid and ignorant reply. Next time, try not be so useless and respond with specifics to ideas being presented to you. You'll be a better person for it.

[corrected quote]

You can't get the unemployed slackers in Pa to move to ND for energy jobs. What fucking planet are you living on? Do you think all the unemployed blacks with kids are going to suddenly rediscover their agriculture skills and move to Colorado or Georgia to pick produce?

Why? Don't they have unemployed in those states?

Drastically cut down on our social programs, people would be forced to get a job to support themselves.

People who can live on handouts aren't motivated to work. Those unemployed black females with kids get enough free money to live a middle-class lifestyle (even if they don't show it). In their estimation, why should they work, except maybe a token part-time job? And, their black males can cohabitate with them, and enjoy the free ride, too.

Motivating them to work means cutting their handouts. Maybe even have a judge sentence them to labor on farms if they're not providing for their kids (child neglect) nor paying their debts.

Colorado and Georgia already have enough slackers to be motivated to meet the needs of local farmers.

Only 4% of illegals are employed in farming, and most farm workers not illegals. Further, technology is already reducing the number of illegals in farming, as machines take over menial labor. It's just bullsh1t for people to claim we need illegals for farming. And, look what it did for America when people claimed we needed to import negroes to pick cotton. Whatever benefit we might get from illegal farmhands, we're paying a very high cost for.

Only 4% of illegals are employed in farming, and most farm workers not illegals. Further, technology is already reducing the number of illegals in farming, as machines take over menial labor. It's just bullsh1t for people to claim we need illegals for farming. And, look what it did for America when people claimed we needed to import negroes to pick cotton. Whatever benefit we might get from illegal farmhands, we're paying a very high cost for.

Democrats just want to drag as many non-whites into this country as they can. Useless people to our country that come in or sneak in and have children giving them automatic birthrights which is something else we need to stop. They had no intention of becoming Americans themselves, no intention of obeying our laws, and when they have kids, we end up having to take care of them.

Democrats just want to drag as many non-whites into this country as they can. Useless people to our country that come in or sneak in and have children giving them automatic birthrights which is something else we need to stop. They had no intention of becoming Americans themselves, no intention of obeying our laws, and when they have kids, we end up having to take care of them.

Birthright citizenship should't be a big deal. Deport the parents, and the kids go with them.

There's a constitutional roadblock to ending birthrate citizenship. But, I think it's doable by banning dual citizenship (use to be illegal, but changed to accommodate Jews who have deal citizenship with Israel). Anyone who doesn't give up foreign citizenship looses American citizenship. Minor children born here should be deported with their parents, because the parents are rightfully deported and the children are their charges. As the children can't establish exclusive citizenship here, it gets revoked.

But.... Democrats want to drag in as many non-whites into this country as they can. And, Republicans mostly offer insincere and useless remedies to problems Democrats create.

Well the problem is that the people who aren't working generally don't live where the strawberries are. We've been using seasonal immigrant labor since after WWII and the migration from rural areas to cities.

We're not going to magically end our need for lower skilled agricultural workers. And some of those guest workers are rather skilled in working with horses and other animals. More so than I, and I've had a few horses over the years.

I don't know that we need nurses. The two kids I know who recently got degrees have jobs, but is there a shortage? The same with HB1 visas. Someone was posting our engineering grads don't have jobs. Again, I know two personally and both had mult job offers.

The actual proposal Cotton and Perdue introduced has already failed in the Senate, and this is just another "fake news story" aimed at Orange's base. However, there may be something to having the immigration folks actually identify what skills we need. The notion that we dont' want family members to immigrate is just bullshit though. There are generations of families who built businesses by having relatives move here and Work.

I was using strawberry picking as an example. We have many unemployed low skill workers (thousands turn 18 everyday). We don't need anymore. If they live in an area with no jobs for them then move. I had to do that a couple times.

If an immigrant has a skill great let them stay and give them a path to citizenship.

With the family immigration part it depends. If the family all need to be vetted as well. It would also depend on how long the primary person is going to be here for.

Birthright citizenship should't be a big deal. Deport the parents, and the kids go with them.

There's a constitutional roadblock to ending birthrate citizenship. But, I think it's doable by banning dual citizenship (use to be illegal, but changed to accommodate Jews who have deal citizenship with Israel). Anyone who doesn't give up foreign citizenship looses American citizenship. Minor children born here should be deported with their parents, because the parents are rightfully deported and the children are their charges. As the children can't establish exclusive citizenship here, it gets revoked.

But.... Democrats want to drag in as many non-whites into this country as they can. And, Republicans mostly offer insincere and useless remedies to problems Democrats create.

Trump and the Republicans are just getting started, and this is a good start. Birthrights were a bad interpretation of the US Constitution and that needs to be heard again by a more conservative court.

Forum List

Back