I-80 closed across Wyoming.. Massive Pile up..

There is a good reason why I live in Florida instead of Wyoming.
When I lived in SLC the smog and junk in the air almost killed me. I needed inhalers and other aids. Once I moved up here that all went away. I hate the heat and humidity. IF we could just tone down the wind, I would be very happy. (Wind zone 5-6)

I have driven through there numerous times. I'm not surprised a fast forming storm surprised so many people in that section of the highway.
For the record: all of interstate 80 is at least four lanes.

It didn't happen in June, it happened in the middle of winter. By all accounts the weather forecasts were accurate and predicted the conditions drivers would encounter in the area in the mountains of Wyoming. Unfortunately tractor trailer drivers need to make a living and don't get paid unless the wheels are turning and maybe nobody else was paying attention.

It didn't happen in June, it happened in the middle of winter. By all accounts the weather forecasts were accurate and predicted the conditions drivers would encounter in the area in the mountains of Wyoming. Unfortunately tractor trailer drivers need to make a living and don't get paid unless the wheels are turning and maybe nobody else was paying attention.
They did not foresee the pressure change which caused the high winds. I forecast this region and even I saw the potential shift a day earlier. I don't buy that they didn't know.

As to being paid only if the trucks wheels are moving, that is a fact.

We have now seen four massive storms in this region that take us back into the 1960 and 70's time span since we have seen them. We are again getting back into weather patterns that create massive snowfalls.

Understood. Wyoming isnt meant for wimps.
I guarantee you that if you are visiting Floridian in the summer with the temperature being in the mid 90s and the humidity even higher and there is a Cat 5 hurricane coming you will high tail yourself back home where it is comfortable and safe.

Forum List

Back