Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.
Link?

read the OP dumbass...
I did. The link says nothing about your imaginary "write ups"..

Cut and paste where you see it.

The OP said they changed the rules, the write ups come from personal knowledge

Not everyone in the world is as clueless as you.
So, you lied. No link, you lied.

Since you asked....

“We’re being asked to do something we would have been reprimanded for a month ago. We’re putting ourselves and our patients in danger by doing this,

View attachment 317526

I was asked for a link about nurses being reprimanded previously for what they are told to do now...and I proved it.

How the fuck is that apples to oranges?

It's applies and oranges because you dug up an article about nurses objecting to wearing the same untreated mask over and over again. These are sterilized masks we're talking about here. Two different subjects.

It is not if they are sterile or not that is the problem, it is what the sterilization process does to them that is the problem.

The committee could not identify or find any simple modifications to the manufacturing process that would permit disposable N95 respirators to be reused without increasing the likelihood of infection.”

Sterile and non-sterile are two different things. Of course the nurses object to wearing the same untreated masks. In your article, it was pointed out that the reason they were told to reuse the masks were because of the huge shortage we have.

So if our medical personnel have to take such extreme measures, the least we could do for them is have the masks sterilized. It's not a cost factor thing. If you were a nurse, would you rather be using a sterilized mask or no mask at all? Of course a new mask is better than a sterilized one, but we are talking about desperation here.

Yes, we are talking about desperation here, and those of us with loved ones on the front line are pissed about it...so sue us.

My wife last night was told to keep her's in an unsealed paper bag in-between uses...that was a new one!
Jeez the never ending victim

No, that would be our medical personnel on the front lines of this, the ones you people do not give a fuck about and the ones Trump accused of stealing
What are you talking about?

who is stealing what?

there are shortages but that is being corrected as soon as possible

Did you not see Trump's press conference on Sunday where he accused healthcare workers of stealing supplies?
No I missed that

did you hear it live or filtered through the anti trump news media?

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.
Link?

read the OP dumbass...

Since you asked....

“We’re being asked to do something we would have been reprimanded for a month ago. We’re putting ourselves and our patients in danger by doing this,

View attachment 317526

I was asked for a link about nurses being reprimanded previously for what they are told to do now...and I proved it.

It's applies and oranges because you dug up an article about nurses objecting to wearing the same untreated mask over and over again. These are sterilized masks we're talking about here. Two different subjects.

It is not if they are sterile or not that is the problem, it is what the sterilization process does to them that is the problem.

The committee could not identify or find any simple modifications to the manufacturing process that would permit disposable N95 respirators to be reused without increasing the likelihood of infection.”

Sterile and non-sterile are two different things. Of course the nurses object to wearing the same untreated masks. In your article, it was pointed out that the reason they were told to reuse the masks were because of the huge shortage we have.

So if our medical personnel have to take such extreme measures, the least we could do for them is have the masks sterilized. It's not a cost factor thing. If you were a nurse, would you rather be using a sterilized mask or no mask at all? Of course a new mask is better than a sterilized one, but we are talking about desperation here.

Yes, we are talking about desperation here, and those of us with loved ones on the front line are pissed about it...so sue us.

My wife last night was told to keep her's in an unsealed paper bag in-between uses...that was a new one!
Jeez the never ending victim

No, that would be our medical personnel on the front lines of this, the ones you people do not give a fuck about and the ones Trump accused of stealing
What are you talking about?

who is stealing what?

there are shortages but that is being corrected as soon as possible

Did you not see Trump's press conference on Sunday where he accused healthcare workers of stealing supplies?
No I missed that

did you hear it live or filtered through the anti trump news media?

I watched it live with my wife, a critical care nurse...she threw the remote across the room, luckily it landed on a chair and bounced to the floor so there was no damage.

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

It is a unproven drug with no hard facts to support it. There is no solid evidence that this will save lives. It is a hail mary pass at this point in time.

There is solid evidence that IT HAS saved lives. There have just been no clinical studies on it because it's altogether new.

Anecdotal evidence "Solid Evidence" ... Only that some people who took it recovered. They likely would have recovered without it!

I see, so your defense is what you make up in your mind. The combo drug in many cases was used as a last resort when all else failed, and it looked like the patient was nearing their end. Laura has been on this story for over two weeks now. If you'd like, I can find other interviews she had with various physicians here and abroad.

Link?

read the OP dumbass...

Since you asked....

View attachment 317526

Okay, have it your way. But please tell us your solution when there is a huge mask shortage. Here are your choices:

* cut your nursing staff by half so as not to use up your supply of masks.
* have nurses use cloths or bandanas instead of masks.
* reuse the mask they have for five days.
* sterilize the masks before reusing them.

Now, which one is your solution to this problem?

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

It is a unproven drug with no hard facts to support it. There is no solid evidence that this will save lives. It is a hail mary pass at this point in time.

There is solid evidence that IT HAS saved lives. There have just been no clinical studies on it because it's altogether new.

Anecdotal evidence "Solid Evidence" ... Only that some people who took it recovered. They likely would have recovered without it!

I see, so your defense is what you make up in your mind. The combo drug in many cases was used as a last resort when all else failed, and it looked like the patient was nearing their end. Laura has been on this story for over two weeks now. If you'd like, I can find other interviews she had with various physicians here and abroad.

You mean Laura Ingraham - Keith Olbermann's old squeeze? I don't believe a word that woman says, but thanks anyway.

We have been saying this all along, the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine is a game changer! :up:

Oh, by the way, it's not a vaccine it's a pill! I like that.
But, if that turns out to be true, it will be because its efficacy was demonstrated by science, not your gut feelings. So being right for the wrong reasons isn't brag worthy.

We have been saying this all along, the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine is a game changer! :up:

But, if that turns out to be true, it will be because its efficacy was demonstrated by science, not your gut feelings. So being right for the wrong reasons isn't brag worthy.
You Leftists are anti science. It was taughted by doctors then, even more now.

I'm not bragging, you ignoramus! :mad-61:

You Leftists are anti science. It was taughted by doctors then, even more now
That's not science. That is anecdote. And no, the medical community was not touting it and still aren't. They were given a multiple choice questions. The medical community wants to make sure it is effective, and the anecdotal evidence presented so far doesn't cut it. Thus the current clinical trials.

Which I am glad about, because that is scienc based medicine.

That's not science. That is anecdote. And no, the medical community was not touting it and still aren't. They were given a multiple choice questions. The medical community wants to make sure it is effective, and the anecdotal evidence presented so far doesn't cut it. Thus the current clinical trials.

That why the FDA approved it for trials, no science behind it?

For the record, the side effects are severe. You don't want this unless you really need it. BUT it does save lives.

It saves lives.

That's all what matters.

I’m so old I remember when a President was mocked by the Left for saying the drug had great hope.

And we hope it's as effective as anecdotal evidence makes it seem to be.

The folks who did the study? Serno? My understanding is that it's Facebook for doctors.

There was a lot of test data behind hydroxychloroquine. It wasn't some witches brew that was whipped up overnight.

The FD approved it for studies to get some science behind it one way or the other.

DUH!.

For the record, the side effects are severe. You don't want this unless you really need it. BUT it does save lives.
Hair loss is a crisis for some.

The FD approved it for studies to get some science behind it one way or the other.

DUH!.
Human trials are the last step of a proven drug, ignoramus.

Forum List

Back