Hundreds of Nat'l Guard troops test positive for Covid after Biden packed them into parking garage to sleep

I did not know he had authority to activate the Guard to protect the Capital prior to inauguration. How does that work, exactly, since he was not in office.

The issue came about after he was inaugurated. Trump allowed them to stay in his property for free.

After these troops protected Biden during his inauguration, they were forced to sleep on the concrete floor of an unheated parking garage. Trump has just offered them free hotel rooms.

Trump comes through for the troops, offers up Trump Hotel after banishment to parking garage

Trump comes through for the troops, offers up Trump Hotel after banishment to parking garage

By Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

January 22, 2021

garage-floor-1.jpg

garage-floor-3.jpg
garage-floor-4.jpg
garage-floor-5.jpg

Following President Biden’s inauguration, 5,000 National Guard troops were moved to a parking garage to rest and sleep. This drew the outrage of several states when they saw their troops having to sleep on the garage floor. The troops have now been allowed back into the Capitol and former President Trump has offered them rooms at the Trump Hotel D.C.

The Guard will now reportedly be allowed to rest in the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center. The change comes after thousands of National Guardsmen were moved to a parking garage after they were told they could no longer use space within the U.S. Capitol Complex, including areas such as the cafeteria of a Senate office building, as a rest area, multiple Guardsmen told CNN.

One Guardsman told Politico that on the day of the inauguration dozens of lawmakers had taken photos with them, shook their hands, and thanked them for their service. He added, “Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed.”

Enter former President Trump who has now offered his Trump Hotel D.C. to the National Guardsmen so they will have a comfortable place to stay and rest. Even after leaving office, he has not forgotten those who serve this nation. Many found the gesture to be very touching and selfless, not to mention patriotic.

The garage where the 5,000 troops were banished to had one restroom with two stalls. There was also only one power outlet. That doesn’t even address the cold concrete floor the troops were forced to sleep on in January while politicians nestled all comfy in their soft, warm beds.

The Guardsmen, who had been resting inside the Capitol between 12-hour shifts, were moved to a nearby parking garage where photos obtained by Politico and other outlets showed members crowded together on the ground. Some of them resting their heads against cement pillars.

Governor Abbott (R-TX) was furious when he saw the pictures. “I have instructed General Norris to order the return of the Texas National Guard to our state,” the Republican governor wrote on Twitter, referring to Major Gen. Tracy Norris of the Texas National Guard. He had already taken great offense to the fact that the Guard was being vetted over a possible “inside” attack during the Biden inauguration.

Even Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) pretended outrage and tweeted about the parking garage reports, “If this is true, it’s outrageous. I will get to the bottom of this.”

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) visited the troops and tweeted that he brought them pizza. “No soldier will ever, ever sleep on a garage floor in the US Capitol while I work in Congress.”

U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) also voiced her anger via Twitter, “This is absolutely unacceptable and despicable treatment of our brave and dedicated National Guard who answered the call to serve. We need to demand answers now and this needs to be fixed immediately.”

Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, wrote, “Very upset by this story but I have been in touch with the Utah National Guard and they are taken care of. My staff and I are investigating what happened here and will continue working to fix this situation.”

A number of lawmakers offered their offices to the Guardsmen after hearing of the garage incident.

Politico reported the unit that had been using space in the Dirksen Senate Office building were asked to move to the garage by the Capitol Police.

CBS reporter Kris Van Cleave reported early Friday the National Guard said the troops are out of the garage and will take their breaks in Emancipation Hall at the Capitol Visitors Center from now on.

“After significant outcry, it seems like there is movement right now to get Guard members back inside the Capitol, into the visitors center,” Politico reporter Natasha Bertrand, tweeted.

Politico reporter Lara Seligman said a Guard source told her “all units at the Thurgood Marshall parking garage are ordered to relocate to the CVC (Capitol Visitors Center) immediately.”

After these troops protected Biden during his inauguration, they were forced to sleep on the concrete floor of an unheated parking garage. Trump has just offered them free hotel rooms.

January 22, 2021

garage-floor-1.jpg

garage-floor-3.jpg
garage-floor-4.jpg
garage-floor-5.jpg

Following President Biden’s inauguration, 5,000 National Guard troops were moved to a parking garage to rest and sleep. This drew the outrage of several states when they saw their troops having to sleep on the garage floor. The troops have now been allowed back into the Capitol and former President Trump has offered them rooms at the Trump Hotel D.C.

The Guard will now reportedly be allowed to rest in the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center. The change comes after thousands of National Guardsmen were moved to a parking garage after they were told they could no longer use space within the U.S. Capitol Complex, including areas such as the cafeteria of a Senate office building, as a rest area, multiple Guardsmen told CNN.

One Guardsman told Politico that on the day of the inauguration dozens of lawmakers had taken photos with them, shook their hands, and thanked them for their service. He added, “Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed.”

Enter former President Trump who has now offered his Trump Hotel D.C. to the National Guardsmen so they will have a comfortable place to stay and rest. Even after leaving office, he has not forgotten those who serve this nation. Many found the gesture to be very touching and selfless, not to mention patriotic.

The garage where the 5,000 troops were banished to had one restroom with two stalls. There was also only one power outlet. That doesn’t even address the cold concrete floor the troops were forced to sleep on in January while politicians nestled all comfy in their soft, warm beds.

The Guardsmen, who had been resting inside the Capitol between 12-hour shifts, were moved to a nearby parking garage where photos obtained by Politico and other outlets showed members crowded together on the ground. Some of them resting their heads against cement pillars.

Governor Abbott (R-TX) was furious when he saw the pictures. “I have instructed General Norris to order the return of the Texas National Guard to our state,” the Republican governor wrote on Twitter, referring to Major Gen. Tracy Norris of the Texas National Guard. He had already taken great offense to the fact that the Guard was being vetted over a possible “inside” attack during the Biden inauguration.

Even Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) pretended outrage and tweeted about the parking garage reports, “If this is true, it’s outrageous. I will get to the bottom of this.”

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) visited the troops and tweeted that he brought them pizza. “No soldier will ever, ever sleep on a garage floor in the US Capitol while I work in Congress.”

U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) also voiced her anger via Twitter, “This is absolutely unacceptable and despicable treatment of our brave and dedicated National Guard who answered the call to serve. We need to demand answers now and this needs to be fixed immediately.”

Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, wrote, “Very upset by this story but I have been in touch with the Utah National Guard and they are taken care of. My staff and I are investigating what happened here and will continue working to fix this situation.”

A number of lawmakers offered their offices to the Guardsmen after hearing of the garage incident.

Politico reported the unit that had been using space in the Dirksen Senate Office building were asked to move to the garage by the Capitol Police.

CBS reporter Kris Van Cleave reported early Friday the National Guard said the troops are out of the garage and will take their breaks in Emancipation Hall at the Capitol Visitors Center from now on.

“After significant outcry, it seems like there is movement right now to get Guard members back inside the Capitol, into the visitors center,” Politico reporter Natasha Bertrand, tweeted.

Politico reporter Lara Seligman said a Guard source told her “all units at the Thurgood Marshall parking garage are ordered to relocate to the CVC (Capitol Visitors Center) immediately.”
5k troops. Two bathrooms.

I love how deeply into the lie the trumpanzees are.....no, they are not barracked in the garage. Nor are they barracked in the Capitol building. Where are the cots? The showers? The mess hall? It looks more and more like those pushing this lie in this thread never served a day in their lives.

Democrats INFECT national guard with Covid and 8,500 people already die from Covid in just 2 days under Biden while Biden distracted killing thousands of union jobs and helping illegals.
As long as they're capable of crawling over and pulling the rope to raise the flag....all will be oK

This is also the fastest anyone has tested positive after exposure.
Incubation time is between one and two weeks roughly....Jan 7th.............yep. Plenty of time for cases to develop...and now 5000 in one carpark?? OK; the effect of THAT will be in a week or so...with over a hundred already seeding the virus? I HOPE nothing happens.

Greg

Well, that's certainly fast considering that it takes about 10-14 days for the virus to be detected.

WRONG!!!

"Someone can get a positive [COVID-19] test result as soon as two days after exposure, but we typically ask our patients to wait at least five days for most accurate test results," Nailah Abdulbaaqee, MD, a primary-care provider at One Medical in Atlanta, told POPSUGAR.

However, there are no set guidelines for when a person with a known exposure should be tested for COVID-19, and a negative result early on in the two weeks after exposure is no excuse to skip the recommended quarantine. "Testing too early may show you are negative for COVID-19, but this does not mean that you cannot test positive later in the 14-day window," said Kristin Dean, MD, a family medicine physician and medical director at Doctor On Demand. "COVID-19 symptoms may develop up to 14 days after the day of the last exposure to COVID-19."

UP TO does not exclude early detection!!!

Greg

Your title is a LIE and FAKE NEWS
Did Biden order the National Guard to DC before the election, before he was. President?

As far as the parking garage last night as a spot for their rest and eating breaks during their 12 hour shifts, NO ONE from yesterday's parking garage rest area, that caught it there, would be testing positive today...1/2 a day later....

CNN will not said one word about this if would have been Trump we will have hear about it 24/24.
First day of the fraudulent Biden regime CNN removed the Covid19 death counter from their on air broadcast.

If all of those deaths were real by Covid in the past, they will be swept under the rug now. Its almost like we expected this. There must have been bets on it in Vegas.

Did Biden order the National Guard to DC before the election, before he was. President?

As far as the parking garage last night as a spot for their rest and eating breaks during their 12 hour shifts, NO ONE from yesterday's parking garage rest area, that caught it there, would be testing positive today...1/2 a day later....
Care, the only thing my post was to do is refute what you posted. I did that.
It wasn't fake news, and it wasn't a lie.
Now go argue with someone else.

Every day we hear about another China Joe disaster. Losing jobs, inviting MS-13 back in, giving away the store to foreign countries, stupid Environmental wacko brain farts, and now infecting hundreds of NG troops with billeting stupidity.

Anybody that voted for China Joe is a fucking moron.

OMG! What a cluster fuck!! He should have left the basement and found out about the Obama funded Wuhan flu pandemic

Lord help us survive this usurper disaster in the White House

Biden and Dems deadly Covid attack on the national guard treason!

For 20 grand a day Rudy,RUDY...can get video of them spraying the sleeping areas with covid in a spray bottle

Care, the only thing my post was to do is refute what you posted. I did that.
It wasn't fake news, and it wasn't a lie.
Now go argue with someone else.
But Read the TITLE of the thread Meister, is that title not a LIE? Or at least total deception?

Did Biden order the troops to the garage last night, and did staying in the garage for lunch breaks and rest breaks while on duty, just 24 hours ago, cause troops to test positive today? The parking garage yesterday, would NOT show up as covid positive today....it takes a few days for one to show up positive.

And the National guard prior to inauguration, would not be under Biden's control.

The thread began with a fist fight title, and a fist fight comment in his op opening...imo.

I did not know he had authority to activate the Guard to protect the Capital prior to inauguration. How does that work, exactly, since he was not in office.

DC DEM MAYOR did BIDEN a solid..............and fucked over our troops.

"Fucked over our troops"? Are you out of you mind? Who should I talk to about bivouacing for 10 days during the Blizzard of 78, in 3 plus feet of snow and temperature of -11 night time to +22 day time, sleeping in shelter half tents dug into the snow and partially covered with snow for insulation, multiple moves and re-setting ups, falling out into ready positions in snowbanks at -11 in the middle of the night while still dragging your clothes on, generating cases of frost bite, pneumonia and more serious injuries such as ripped out ligaments, crushed ribs etc, working with track vehicles in those extremes. Nobody fucked over those troops in Washington. That is good duty sleeping in a concrete garage instead of a tent village in the winter, by anybody's long term Army experience and nobody shot at them. You really don't know what you're paying soldiers to do, do ya? And they will do anywhere at the drop of some ass hat.

January 22, 2021

garage-floor-1.jpg

garage-floor-3.jpg
garage-floor-4.jpg
garage-floor-5.jpg

5k troops. Two bathrooms.

The Biden crew is fucking disgusting.

Nancy Pelosi did it on behalf of Joe Biden. Either way, Biden is in charge and this is on him. He's fucking disgusting.

Forum List

Back