Hundreds of mail-in ballot applications are being rejected under Texas’ new voting rules

Allocations of polling places should be done with regard to the populations they service. A polling place requires poll workers, poll watchers, and needs to be in a place where independent press can also observe and corroborate actual poll attendance with number of votes cast.

We expect nothing less from the third-world elections where the US is so eager to interfere.
You didn't answer some of my other questions. Why should we be limiting the days for absentee ballots? Why should polls close early?

I get a mail in ballot automatic. And so does every registered voter in the state. And we have almost a zero election fraud rate. Does that mean we are more honest than your bunch is or that we are just smarter?
Oregon? Probably. Whatever State ,I bet they all vote DemocRAT.

Oregon? Probably. Whatever State ,I bet they all vote DemocRAT.
And? What's the point? Are you afraid to do it in Republican states? Democrats aren't. We know, you don't want everyone voting.

I would like everyone to Vote at the POLLING PLACE.

Sure. That would mean they would reopen at least 7 polling places around here again. There used to be one within walking distance even for someone with a disability (within 100yds). This county is one of the smaller in population yet it lost 7 polling places. Since not everyone can make it or spent the time in long lines at today's polling places, we went to everyone being able to remote vote.

Sure. That would mean they would reopen at least 7 polling places around here again. There used to be one within walking distance even for someone with a disability (within 100yds). This county is one of the smaller in population yet it lost 7 polling places. Since not everyone can make it or spent the time in long lines at today's polling places, we went to everyone being able to remote vote.
Fuck that. Online voting? Nothing could be more crooked. Glad the Filibuster worked.

The problem I see here is that the polling places are generally sparse in a prodominately Dem area. Even around here, the polls that are closed down, the poor depended on them. There use to be a polling station within 100 feet of where I live. This area has a much lower income than the others but it has a high degree of population. They should have kept a polling station nearby but elected not to. Heaven forbid if a fluke happened and more than a few Dems got into office. Actually, this is a deep red area yet the city council is now Dem controlled for the first time in nearly 50 years.
Why do you dems think you should be catered to for voting---100 Feet? We out in the red country usually have to drive a mile or two.

I didn't say a thing about online voting. Does your shrink know you have his password?
Remote voting was in Bidens Bill. ONLINE. BTW--Don't disabled folks have electric Wheelchairs? I had a severely broken leg in 1984. Yet I still voted in PERSON. Wheeled myself at least a mile.

Remote voting was in Bidens Bill. ONLINE. BTW--Don't disabled folks have electric Wheelchairs? I had a severely broken leg in 1984. Yet I still voted in PERSON. Wheeled myself at least a mile.

Not all can afford or qualify for electric wheel chairs or have the power to power a normal wheel chair very far on their own.

Now, think about it. The Terrorist said online voting. Biden spoke about the 2020 election in that if the shutdowns were bad enough, it may require virtual voting. I support mail in ballots for all REGISTERED voters.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
So? Was the poll you voted in closed? For those folks who used to vote in the 1688 polling places in the south, they were closed. Broke leg or not.

And? What's the point? Are you afraid to do it in Republican states? Democrats aren't. We know, you don't want everyone voting.

The current rejection rate for mail-ballot applications in Texas seems to support that worry.

Officials across the state are reporting higher-than-usual defect rates for mail-ballot applications. Leah Shah, spokesperson for Harris County Elections, told The Daily Beast her county is seeing an 11 percent rejection rate specific to the new laws. Last month, officials in Travis County said they were rejecting about half of the mail-in ballot applications they received, according to the Texas Tribune, while 325 applications were rejected in Bexar County for failing to provide an ID number or providing one that was not on file.

It can't get any simpler. Half the ballots rejected but there is no voter fraud? The numbers provided by the voter didn't match what was on record? That should be very concerning for the rest of the country. It would be very difficult to F-up the last four digits of your SS number or DL number. So prior to the bill voters were submitting ballots with phony numbers and they were counted.

The current rejection rate for mail-ballot applications in Texas seems to support that worry.

Officials across the state are reporting higher-than-usual defect rates for mail-ballot applications. Leah Shah, spokesperson for Harris County Elections, told The Daily Beast her county is seeing an 11 percent rejection rate specific to the new laws. Last month, officials in Travis County said they were rejecting about half of the mail-in ballot applications they received, according to the Texas Tribune, while 325 applications were rejected in Bexar County for failing to provide an ID number or providing one that was not on file.

It can't get any simpler. Half the ballots rejected but there is no voter fraud? The numbers provided by the voter didn't match what was on record? That should be very concerning for the rest of the country. It would be very difficult to F-up the last four digits of your SS number or DL number. So prior to the bill voters were submitting ballots with phony numbers and they were counted.
The Department of Justice in November filed a lawsuit against Texas over the alleged restriction of access for voters with disabilities, saying assisters are improperly blocked from “answering basic questions, responding to requests to clarify ballot translations or confirming that voters with visual impairments have marked a ballot as intended.” Impediments!
t also limits early-voting hours to 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and bans 24-hour voting centers, which were used in Harris County during the 2020 election.

“Voters of color utilize those methods of voting disproportionately because voters of color are more likely to have working hours that are not the traditional 9-to-5 working hours,” Badat told The Daily Beast.
More impediments! Bottom line, Republicans want to cheat. They can't help it.

Forum List

Back