Humans may be alone in the Universe.

Here are a couple of videos that looked at the 3K or planets that we have discovered and only three of them came anywhere close to being considered earth like and one of them was tidal locked. All three of them were marginal at best.

You are falling for the old "it must be because there are so many" fallacy. Every where we look we see planets and conditions that are hostile to life as we know it. Statistics doesn't turn Chemistry in Biology. If the universe is finite then there will be unique things in it. Life may very well be unique to earth.

3 planets out less thousand were earthlike
Here are a couple of videos that looked at the 3K or planets that we have discovered and only three of them came anywhere close to being considered earth like and one of them was tidal locked. All three of them were marginal at best.

You are falling for the old "it must be because there are so many" fallacy. Every where we look we see planets and conditions that are hostile to life as we know it. Statistics doesn't turn Chemistry in Biology. If the universe is finite then there will be unique things in it. Life may very well be unique to earth.

Habitable planets are rare so 3 planets out less than five thousand studied is not bad, about .06%. However when you consider our galaxy is estimated to have 100 billion to 1 trillion planets, .06% would be 6 hundred thousand to 6 million habitual planets. Even if we eliminated all marginal planets we would still have at least tens of thousands in our galaxy alone.

I don't think the problem is the number of habitable planets. It will be finding them and getting to them. The edge of our galaxy is about out 900,000 light years So for all practical purposes today, it doesn't really matter whether there are hundreds of thousands, or ten thousands of habitable planets. If we can't get there or communicate with any beings that are there, they just as well not exist for us.

Last edited:
3 planets out less thousand were earthlike

Habitable planets are rare so 3 planets out less than five thousand studied is not bad, about .06%. However when you consider our galaxy is estimated to have 100 billion to 1 trillion planets, .06% would be 6 hundred thousand to 6 million habitual planets. Even if we eliminated all marginal planets we would still have at least tens of thousands in our galaxy alone.

I don't think the problem is the number of habitable planets. It will be finding them and getting to them. The edge of our galaxy is about out 900,000 light years So for all practical purposes today, it doesn't really matter whether there are hundreds of thousands, or ten thousands of habitable planets. If we can't get there or communicate with any beings that are there, they just as well not exist for us.
Did you watch the video or just commenting on my text.?

The three possible planets are very marginal with one of them being tidal lock. On the very edge of being considered earth like. Dr Kipping said they don't look promising at all.

The real fact is we don't really have the technology to detect earth like planets very well. Kepler was built on a budget and was far from being conclusive. The video explains all this much better than I can.

A much more plausible guess is that as technology advances some group with mental health issues will use some piece of old technology to wipe out mankind.

Using a common commuter jet a group of deranged idiots took the pentagon and two towers in NYC.

What other tech lays about that no one considers a weapon except for a deranged mind.
A microscope and some patience and the next plague is unleashed. It could be on people or it could be on livestock or it could be on agriculture. There's no way to ban microscopes...they are sold at every toy store.

In all of our "wisdom " we are really simple idiots. We will destroy ourselves as we try to improve our lifestyles.
That is certainly possible. In fact I think it's likely. This is the basis of a NASA paper that claims that we are likely alone in the universe. Assuming other intelligent beings developed along similar lines as earthlings, then like us they will not have a worldwide goverment or worldwide cooperation on global issues. Each nation, tribe or clan acts independently in it's own best interest. So when pandemics hit, nuclear war, global warming, and other global problems, they will not be able to address them effectively.

So over the billions of years, civilizations on other worlds will come and go because they are unable to work to solve global problems. Million of civilizations across the galaxy have probably come and gone before us and millions more will do the same after we are gone. So during the short life span of humans on earth, there are probably few if any developed civilizations on other worlds. There has been and there will be, just not at this instant on the cosmic clock.

Did you watch the video or just commenting on my text.?

The three possible planets are very marginal with one of them being tidal lock. On the very edge of being considered earth like. Dr Kipping said they don't look promising at all.

The real fact is we don't really have the technology to detect earth like planets very well. Kepler was built on a budget and was far from being conclusive. The video explains all this much better than I can.
The fact that they found 3 earth like planets in about 5,000 is promising since they have billions more to check out once they have the technology to do so. Kepler-186f looks like a good possibility but like most of them being studied, we don't have the technology to do atmospheric analysis.

Last edited:
The fact that they found 3 earth like planets in about 5,000 is promising since they have billions more to check out once they have the technology to do so. Kepler-186f looks like a good possibility but like most of them being studied, we don't have the technology to do atmospheric analysis.
Did you watch the videos?

If you watched the second video you would know that none of them really looked promising.

Did you watch the videos?

If you watched the second video you would know that none of them really looked promising.
I guess I didn't see the 2nd one. However an earthlike planet; that is a habitable planet only needs to be able to sustain human life for an extended period. Water and a gravity that humans can tolerate is a necessity. Temperatures can be well above are below what we might consider pleasant. If there is water, we can manufacture oxygen. Of course this is not an ideal environment for humans but through most of the history of the earth it was certainly not an ideal environment for man.

Last edited:
We don't have proof of intelligent life outside of our planet, but we also don't have proof that there isn't. It's really that simple.

Continental drift. A process still going on today.
How does a continental drift get the dead plants on top of the mountains or in a seam in the Grand Canyon? How does it even pile the dead plants in one layer? The US has seven trillion tons of coal. That is a lot of coal.

A global flood explains Earth being covered by 3/4 water and coal seams everywhere around the world. It also explains how the dinosaurs died. Noah's Ark remains have been found.

Also, God created a very lush planet Earth with a lot of vegetation. We don't have this today, so there would be less coal seams being formed.

Assuming this is true, where did the high heat and pressure come from? If the coal is found on a mountain top it was never buried very deeply.
It doesn't need high heat. The coal seams formed from the thick accumulation and compacting of dead plants.

I guess I didn't see the 2nd one. However an earthlike planet; that is a habitable planet only needs to be able to sustain human life for an extended period. Water and a gravity that humans can tolerate is a necessity. Temperatures can be well above are below what we might consider pleasant. If there is water, we can manufacture oxygen. Of course this is not an ideal environment for humans but through most of the history of the earth it was certainly not an ideal environment for man.

The second video goes into details as to why what we have found so far is not an indication of there being another earth like planet.

It takes more than the right temperature, chemicals and water to turn Chemistry into Biology. Scientists have been working on it for decades and can't do it. The process may be so complex and needing the right conditions as to be unique to earth.

Not trying to harp on it but the videos explain it a lot better than I can. Dr Kipping is great at explaining real world science. His excellent video on why we may be alone in the universe really got me thinking that I have been brainwashed with Science Fiction most of my life to believe in something that is not scientifically defensible. His video explaining the flaws in the Drake Equation was also very enlightening.

What do you base that statement on?

What are your inputs for "likelihood"?

I think it is low (if not nonexistent) based upon the facts that we have only found it on earth and we can't reproduce it in a laboratory.

Turning Chemistry into Biology may be unique to earth.
Mathematically speaking. We are a carbon based cellular world, our frame of reference, whats not to say other forms of living mater can not exist in a non carbon based world in a habitable orbit? I for one do not subscribe to exposing life on earth as we know it to foreign bacteria.

Humans are lonely and miserable. Here.

I am also lonely.
1. The furthest our radio waves have penetrated into space is about 100 light years, thus, any existing intelligent beings further than that, would not have detected our radio waves yet.
2. As human beings, we are most likely the "alone" in the universe, as life comes in a myriad of forms. Intelligent beings aren't necessarily humanoid.

The second video goes into details as to why what we have found so far is not an indication of there being another earth like planet.

It takes more than the right temperature, chemicals and water to turn Chemistry into Biology. Scientists have been working on it for decades and can't do it. The process may be so complex and needing the right conditions as to be unique to earth.

Not trying to harp on it but the videos explain it a lot better than I can. Dr Kipping is great at explaining real world science. His excellent video on why we may be alone in the universe really got me thinking that I have been brainwashed with Science Fiction most of my life to believe in something that is not scientifically defensible. His video explaining the flaws in the Drake Equation was also very enlightening.

I watch the videos. The two videos in your post that I am replying to does not explain why we may be alone. They explain that the Drake equation determines the number of planets with communicable civilizations. Since only a couple of variables in the equation out of a half dozen can be estimated with any degree accuracy, the Drake equation simply tells us what we need to know in order to determine the number of such planets.

The discussion in this thread mixes the terms habitable (earthlike) planet, planets that can support life, planets that support intelligent life, and planets that are nearly the same as the earth. It is intuitively obvious that rarity of these various types of planet will differ significantly.

Based on fact that 3 planets out of about 5,000 studied are on the edge of habitability and based on the number of estimated planets in the Milky Way which is estimated at about 100 billion, we would expect to find 60 million planets in the Milky Way that qualify as as being at least barely habitable. Since we have no data on the number of planets that can support life other than our own, we can't estimate what that number might be but it will be less 60 million in our galaxy. Likewise the number that would have intelligent life and would be anything like the earth would be significantly less.

However in the universe, whatever probably of life and intelligent life is in our galaxy that probability would increase dramatically when we consider the entire universe. Using the most straightforward estimate and using today's best technology, the estimate is 170 billion galaxies in our Universe. But we know more than that, and our modern estimate is even grander: two trillion galaxies. And estimate of the average number planets in a galaxy would be 50 billion to over a trillions.
Therefore when we say intelligent life can not exist anywhere but the earth, we are saying life it can not exist in over a billion billion planets.

Therefore when we say intelligent life can not exist anywhere but the earth, we are saying life it can not exist in over a billion billion planets.
If this is a finite universe then there will be unique things in it.

Life on earth may be unique to the universe. Until we get more data it is only speculation that life exist elsewhere.

By the way, since you mentioned the Rare Earth Hypothesis Dr Kippling does a video about the potential for it being flawed. See, I look at both sides.

Mathematically speaking. We are a carbon based cellular world, our frame of reference, whats not to say other forms of living mater can not exist in a non carbon based world in a habitable orbit? I for one do not subscribe to exposing life on earth as we know it to foreign bacteria.
The argument against that comes from spectrographic studies of stars and meteorites that leads us to believe that normal matter in all the known universe is the same; that is the same elements exist throughout the universe and we have not discovered any new elements from any planet of star system. The carbon molecule is lightweight and relatively small in size, carbon molecules are easy for enzymes to manipulate making it ideal as building block of life. We have not found that this characteristic exist in any other element. This does not preclude non-carbon based lifeforms but from we know it seems unlikely.

Last edited:
If this is a finite universe then there will be unique things in it.

Life on earth may be unique to the universe. Until we get more data it is only speculation that life exist elsewhere.

By the way, since you mentioned the Rare Earth Hypothesis Dr Kippling does a video about the potential for it being flawed. See, I look at both sides.

I can't prove any your statements wrong. Life may or may not exist on other planets. However, it's a pretty big assumption that the building blocks of life, biogenic elements, a source of energy, liquid water, and a suitable, reasonably stable environment for evolution to take place does not exist anywhere in
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets except earth.

The fact that the elements that makeup normal matter have been found to be the same throughout the solar system, meteorites, the stars, and even other galaxies. And the fact that the basic laws of physics seems to be same throughout the universe. In fact, just about everything we know about universe points to it being homogeneous so why should life on one planet be unique among a billion billion planets.

How does a continental drift get the dead plants on top of the mountains or in a seam in the Grand Canyon?
There are mountains rising even as we speak.

How does it even pile the dead plants in one layer? The US has seven trillion tons of coal. That is a lot of coal.
One layer? There are many thousands of layers.

A global flood explains Earth being covered by 3/4 water and coal seams everywhere around the world.
Only if you accept a supernatural source for the water. Fine unless you believe in science.

It also explains how the dinosaurs died.
How does it do that? Weren't there elephants walking around with the dinos? They're still here and why didn't they make it onto the ar,?

Noah's Ark remains have been found.
Unlikely

Also, God created a very lush planet Earth with a lot of vegetation. We don't have this today, so there would be less coal seams being formed.

It doesn't need high heat. The coal seams formed from the thick accumulation and compacting of dead plants.
Thick accumulation and compacting in 4 days? Really?

There are mountains rising even as we speak.
Your evo mountains takes millions of years, so who knows?

One layer? There are many thousands of layers.
Which just backs up what I said. Only a global flood could have caused all those coal seams around the world and on tops of mountains.

Only if you accept a supernatural source for the water. Fine unless you believe in science.
Us Christians believe in science, have faith and have found the science that backs up the Bible. The coal seams on tops of mountains backs up Noah's Flood. Science can explain the coal seams on tops of mountains with the global flood.

How does it do that? Weren't there elephants walking around with the dinos? They're still here and why didn't they make it onto the ar,?
Dinosaurs were on the ark, but were called behemoths and leviathan. It goes to show dinosaurs lived with humans and lived after the global flood. It is thought they were hunted to extinction or die from disease like animal species that die off today. Dinosaurs have a big footprint and eat a lot, so became hard for them to survive. Their remains are found around the world, too. How do evos explain that? How did the dinosaurs disappear with evolution?
Yes, likely.

Thick accumulation and compacting in 4 days? Really?

You haven't been able to explain how coal seams and dinosaurs were found all around the world. OTOH, we have scientists that have been able to form coal in the lab around one year -- COAL FORMED RAPIDLY IN A LAB INSIDE OF ONE YEAR – Evolution is a Myth.

Where is your link explaining what happens in millions of years lol, lol, lol? Your beliefs are foolish.

We aren’t alone. We have each other.
You don't know jackshit about it. You are a confused uneducated Moon Bat that is always confused about everything.

If you do have proof that there is life elsewhere then this would be the time to show us because nobody else in the Human race has any proof.

Just shut up and let the adults have this conversation.

Your evo mountains takes millions of years, so who knows?
Science knows.

Which just backs up what I said. Only a global flood could have caused all those coal seams around the world and on tops of mountains.
At the same time burying miles underground?

Us Christians believe in science, have faith and have found the science that backs up the Bible. The coal seams on tops of mountains backs up Noah's Flood. Science can explain the coal seams on tops of mountains with the global flood.
But can't explain the coal seams deep underground or the fact they generally contain many individual layers, or the fact they are in various stages of formation. A scientific theory can be falsified if there is ANY evidence to the contrary. Only faith can survive in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Dinosaurs were on the ark, but were called behemoths and leviathan. It goes to show dinosaurs lived with humans and lived after the global flood. It is thought they were hunted to extinction or die from disease like animal species that die off today. Dinosaurs have a big footprint and eat a lot, so became hard for them to survive.
Many dinos were tiny, what happened to them?
r457419_2239113.jpg

Their remains are found around the world, too. How do evos explain that?
Pangea

How did the dinosaurs disappear with evolution?
Not evolution, catastrophism.

You haven't been able to explain how coal seams and dinosaurs were found all around the world. OTOH, we have scientists that have been able to form coal in the lab around one year -- COAL FORMED RAPIDLY IN A LAB INSIDE OF ONE YEAR – Evolution is a Myth.

Where is your link explaining what happens in millions of years lol, lol, lol? Your beliefs are foolish.
Faith and fantasy is all you have left.

Forum List

Back