Human(s) Chromosome 2 resulted from the Fusion of two Ape Chromosomes: Easily seen.

OKay, let's cut to the chase ...
You have any other examples of similar chromosome fusion in other species (not human/hominid/hominoid) to present showing how this is not an anomalous event?

OKay, let's cut to the chase ...
You have any other examples of similar chromosome fusion in other species (not human/hominid/hominoid) to present showing how this is not an anomalous event?
The Chase is you're a RW Ahole who denies BOTH evolution AND warming. (GW and AGW)
And now a second post to you in 10 minutes demonstrating you don't know how to use google/Don't want Information.

Is there any evidence of chromosome fusion in any other species?

2 Answers

David Rosen
, Invented biological detector.
Answered 1 year ago· Author has 1.8K answers and 928.9K answer views

Evidence that it occurred in the ancestors of six different species of waterbugs
Link
Chromosomal distribution of interstitial telomeric sequences as signs of evolution through chromosome fusion in six species of the giant water bugs (Hemiptera, Belostoma)

Evidence it occurred in both naturally in Lepidoptera, as well as radiation induced fusion.
Telomeric and interstitial telomeric sequences in holokinetic chromosomes of Lepidoptera: Telomeric DNA mediates association between postpachytene bivalents in achiasmatic meiosis of females

Postman butterflies. Some of this may overlap the last link.
Synteny and Chromosome Evolution in the Lepidoptera: Evidence From Mapping in Heliconius melpomene

Fruit flies of the Drosophila
Telomere fusion in Drosophila: The role of subtelomeric chromatin
Flowers
Identification of chromosomal fusion sites in Arabidopsis mutants using sequential bicolour BAC-FISH.

Rodents
Evolutionary Conservation of Whole Homeologous Chromosome Arms in the Akodont Rodents Bolomys and Akodon (Muridae, Sigmodontinae): Maintenance of Interstitial Telomeric Segments (ITBs) in Recent Event of Centric Fusion
To explain the karyotypic differentiation of the species, tandem and centric fusions, pericentric inversions, loss of telomeres and centromeres are required.

Rodents again
http://dmm.biologists.org/content/dmm/10/10/1165.full.pdf

And yet again
A comparative study of the chromosomes of rodents
Chromosome fusion is just a special case of translocation, where one of the product fragments is very small. So the question comes up how often translocation occurs, with or without chromosome fusion. The long chromosome has to contain two centromeres in order for the offspring to survive. Translocation mutations occur quite a bit.
Robertsonian translocation - Wikipedia

Joshua Engel

, worked at The Rude Mechanicals
Answered 8 years ago· Upvoted by
Suzanne Sadedin
, Ph.D. in evolutionary biology from Monash University · Author has 12.8K answers and 64.7M answer views

Sure. The most prominent example is the domestic horse, whose chromosome 5 is the result of the fusion of chromosomes 23 and 24 in Przewalski's horse, its immediate ancestor.
Horse Domestication and Conservation Genetics of Przewalski's Horse Inferred from Sex Chromosomal and Autosomal Sequences
Equids of all sorts (donkeys, zebras, horses) have a number of examples of fusions, fissions, and inversions of chromosomes, remaining somewhat interfertile but often producing infertile offspring.

There are other examples observed in domesticated animals (cows, sheep) and in laboratory mice. Those happen to be the ones with the most closely observed chromosomes.
Survival of Chromosomal Changes

Plus, of course, the ubiquitous fruit fly, which has some really wild fusions between autosomes and allosomes:

The Chase is you're a RW Ahole who denies BOTH evolution AND warming. (GW and AGW)
And now a second post to you in 10 minutes demonstrating you don't know how to use google/Don't want Information.

Is there any evidence of chromosome fusion in any other species?

2 Answers

David Rosen
, Invented biological detector.
Answered 1 year ago· Author has 1.8K answers and 928.9K answer views

Evidence that it occurred in the ancestors of six different species of waterbugs
Link
Chromosomal distribution of interstitial telomeric sequences as signs of evolution through chromosome fusion in six species of the giant water bugs (Hemiptera, Belostoma)

Evidence it occurred in both naturally in Lepidoptera, as well as radiation induced fusion.
Telomeric and interstitial telomeric sequences in holokinetic chromosomes of Lepidoptera: Telomeric DNA mediates association between postpachytene bivalents in achiasmatic meiosis of females

Postman butterflies. Some of this may overlap the last link.
Synteny and Chromosome Evolution in the Lepidoptera: Evidence From Mapping in Heliconius melpomene

Fruit flies of the Drosophila
Telomere fusion in Drosophila: The role of subtelomeric chromatin
Flowers
Identification of chromosomal fusion sites in Arabidopsis mutants using sequential bicolour BAC-FISH.

Rodents
Evolutionary Conservation of Whole Homeologous Chromosome Arms in the Akodont Rodents Bolomys and Akodon (Muridae, Sigmodontinae): Maintenance of Interstitial Telomeric Segments (ITBs) in Recent Event of Centric Fusion
To explain the karyotypic differentiation of the species, tandem and centric fusions, pericentric inversions, loss of telomeres and centromeres are required.

Rodents again
http://dmm.biologists.org/content/dmm/10/10/1165.full.pdf

And yet again
A comparative study of the chromosomes of rodents
Chromosome fusion is just a special case of translocation, where one of the product fragments is very small. So the question comes up how often translocation occurs, with or without chromosome fusion. The long chromosome has to contain two centromeres in order for the offspring to survive. Translocation mutations occur quite a bit.
Robertsonian translocation - Wikipedia

Joshua Engel
, worked at The Rude Mechanicals
Answered 8 years ago· Upvoted by
Suzanne Sadedin
, Ph.D. in evolutionary biology from Monash University · Author has 12.8K answers and 64.7M answer views

Sure. The most prominent example is the domestic horse, whose chromosome 5 is the result of the fusion of chromosomes 23 and 24 in Przewalski's horse, its immediate ancestor.
Horse Domestication and Conservation Genetics of Przewalski's Horse Inferred from Sex Chromosomal and Autosomal Sequences
Equids of all sorts (donkeys, zebras, horses) have a number of examples of fusions, fissions, and inversions of chromosomes, remaining somewhat interfertile but often producing infertile offspring.

There are other examples observed in domesticated animals (cows, sheep) and in laboratory mice. Those happen to be the ones with the most closely observed chromosomes.
Survival of Chromosomal Changes

Plus, of course, the ubiquitous fruit fly, which has some really wild fusions between autosomes and allosomes:
It took a few minutes to find some post of yours where you actually explain science.

That said, why doesn't this “fused chromosome 2” NOT appear in any living or fossil ape lineage if humans came from ape-humans? If there were no ape-humans as the evidence shows, then you are wrong. Furthermore, creation scientists find that this fused chromosome 2 DOES appear in every living or fossil human lineage.

This blows your cut and paste hypothesis out of the water.

It took a few minutes to find some post of yours where you actually explain science.

That said, why doesn't this “fused chromosome 2” NOT appear in any living or fossil ape lineage if humans came from ape-humans? If there were no ape-humans as the evidence shows, then you are wrong. Furthermore, creation scientists find that this fused chromosome 2 DOES appear in every living or fossil human lineage.

This blows your cut and paste hypothesis out of the water.
You ******* moron my first 5 post explain it in enough detail that anyone with a 3 digit IQ could see and 80 IQ could eventually realize it.

You, OTOH, have NO EVIDENCE (not to mention proof) of ANY god.
You are an OCD Mental defective inserting Jesus/Bible into every thread with No scientific/hard evidentiary basis.
It might has well be Vishnu and the Bhagavad Gita.
Or Abott and Costello.

You ******* Brainwashed Moron.

`

You ******* moron my first 5 post explain it in enough detail that anyone with a 3 digit IQ could see and 80 IQ could eventually realize it.

You are an OCD Mental defective inserting Jesus/Bible into every thread with No scientific/hard evidentiary basis.
Or Abott and Costello.

`
All I did was give you a chance to explain your position and asked a valid question. Had you known anything of which you spoke of, then you would've enlightened all of us. It makes me believe that you are the moron, IQ of 40, and do not know what you are cutting and pasting.

Next, you jump to some discussion for the evidence of God which has nothing to do with the topic. It's your topic and you choose to derail it. It makes me think how sane is this person? Perhaps, this person has gone looney tunes. Not understanding God would give Satan a chance to influence you of things and tempt you to evolution, lies, and being held captive with this irreligious focus of yours.

As for the rest, you may as well be talking about your biography which shows you're prolly an old person and getting senile.

Or Abott and Costello.

`
They call that "lewd" if I post anything like that. But it's okay for an atheist. I'm starting to see what's going on.

They call that "lewd" if I post anything like that. But it's okay for an atheist. I'm starting to see what's going on.
It would be crude but you lack the context of the comment.
The deluded Freak in question sabotages EVERY science thread with Jesus/Bibe/Jesus that has no business in the section.
ie

Love the analogy, but Darwin stole natural selection from God. God created natural selection to protect the species. It means God is science and belongs there.

Which is why I started/had to start a thread to get rid of 'debate' that has NO BUSINESS Here.
The moderator whose section this is, is a moron is clueless.

Next time, you stupid literalist religious trash, you need to do some reading before commenting.
Maybe go back the sordid/Lewd threads YOU post in. (pervs in bathrooms/transgender stuff)
I'm a science poster trying to keep this a Science, not religion, section.
iiIii

`

Last edited:
a similar situation with a negative Rh factor, there may be a connection.

In addition, it is not clear where the identity with the pig came from.

You the horrible piece of trash because you are not here to discuss science, but here to discard real science. I already stated I believe in global warming. It just goes to show you've gone looney tunes and is the one to be discarded.

Which is why I started/had to start a thread to get rid of 'debate' that has NO BUSINESS Here.
The moderator whose section this is, is a moron is clueless.
Now, you're blaming the mods here. Why don't you volunteer to be a mod? It goes to show how HYPOCRITICAL you are and just want to beotch because you lost a science argument. You couldn't answer your critics such as AIG and me. Your point was shown to be false and you couldn't answer my questions.

You even lost the other thread you started about. Instead of discarding the critics, you should discard you.

Maybe you'd do better discussing global warming. Most of us think why you are in S&T anyway?

What is real science? Is it a strict positivist method only or modern dogmatic science also belong there?
Real science is that which can be demonstrated by the scientific method. However, we can't do that for all science so we end up with two types of scientific theories today of creationist vs evolutionist or creation vs atheist science. It is based on origins of the universe, Earth, and everything in it.

Real science is that which can be demonstrated by the scientific method. However, we can't do that for all science so we end up with two types of scientific theories today of creationist vs evolutionist or creation vs atheist science. It is based on origins of the universe, Earth, and everything in it.
Nobody knows anything about some kind of "creationist science", have you confused science with biblical mythology?

You know what I find weird? If I was an evolutionist, then I wouldn't be arguing so hard trying to prove it. How can anyone prove a lie? I would just think that evolution is what most people believe and majority rules. If I was an evolution scientist, then I would write papers showing evidence for evolution or how it possibly happened and get published. It doesn't mean evolution is true, but is a valid hypothesis.

You know what I find weird? If I was an evolutionist, then I wouldn't be arguing so hard trying to prove it. How can anyone prove a lie?
Do you also deny selection of dogs? Are all dog breeds created by Yahweh as is?
Where did you get some kind of "creationism" in science?

Nobody knows anything about some kind of "creationist science", have you confused science with biblical mythology?
You show you are ignorant. Are you new to this section?

The creationists have Answers in Genesis, ICR, creation.com, and other sites which have been arguing for creation since the 1850s when James Hutton, Charles Lyell, and Charles Darwing came up with their false science.

Maybe some other creationist can explain to you as I'm tired of those who deny their opposition.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Do you also deny selection of dogs? Are all dog breeds created by Yahweh as is?
Where did you get some kind of "creationism" in science?
I already said God created natural selection. Ho hum. Why don't you talk with abu afak and have a nice circle jerk?

You show you are ignorant. Are you new to this section?

The creationists have Answers in Genesis, ICR, creation.com, and other sites which have been arguing for creation since the 1850s when James Hutton, Charles Lyell, and Charles Darwing came up with their false science.

Maybe some other creationist can explain to you as I'm tired of those who deny their opposition.
Actually, I myself am in opposition, but on the other hand. I believe that science should not be based on speculation at all, speculate in a mathematical style. The basis can only be based on generalizations of observations.

Actually, I myself am in opposition, but on the other hand. I believe that science should not be based on speculation at all, speculate in a mathematical style. The basis can only be based on generalizations of observations.
I don't think the creation scientists know exactly how natural selection works at this point. They have found change or adaption through changes in their genes as well as changes through environmental factors. I think both sides agree on the latter, but atheist scientists think it's through mutation or what they think evolution causes.

Basically, I can't win. The OP will say this is another thread that I wrecked and I only answered questions asked of me. For whatever reason, people like to ask me questions and not the OP. I think the OP should have the courage to answer questions including my criticism and take his thread back.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back