Want to get away from Big Tech? Here’s how

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Some pointers. I think duckduckgo is a good one, as is Linux suggestion.

Not sure about the others.

The recent ban of Parler from Apple and Google’s app stores and the Amazon shutdown of the social media app might have you thinking about Big Tech’s power. Add to this news that the messaging service WhatsApp, owned by Facebook, is grabbing more of your personal data.

The recent ban of Parler from Apple and Google’s app stores and the Amazon shutdown of the social media app might have you thinking about Big Tech’s power. Add to this news that the messaging service WhatsApp, owned by Facebook, is grabbing more of your personal data.

Linux is a group of operating systems. Currently, Microsoft has not engaged in the egregious actions of Apple and Google.

Duckduckgo is good alternative to Google as a search engine, but does not offer apps such as Gmail or Google Docs.

Probably the best way to hit back is select a single target - Amazon, and abandon them.

Walmart.Com offers everything Amazon does. If 10 million Americans suddenly abandon Amazon in favor of Walmart, Amazon will take notice.

And of course NEVER, EVER, EVER buy an Apple product, EVER. Apple uses slave labor and is effectively a branch of the Chinese Communist government

As you type that message on a big tech device.....LOL

Problem with Duck Duck is that it ain't all that private.

None of us really have that much privacy anymore. Our smart phones and surveillance cameras for starters.

Look down at the logo on your computer and tell us how you are going to get away from big tech by not using DOS....

Linux is a group of operating systems. Currently, Microsoft has not engaged in the egregious actions of Apple and Google.

Duckduckgo is good alternative to Google as a search engine, but does not offer apps such as Gmail or Google Docs.

Probably the best way to hit back is select a single target - Amazon, and abandon them.

Walmart.Com offers everything Amazon does. If 10 million Americans suddenly abandon Amazon in favor of Walmart, Amazon will take notice.

And of course NEVER, EVER, EVER buy an Apple product, EVER. Apple uses slave labor and is effectively a branch of the Chinese Communist government
Amazon and Walmart are the same. They are both dependent on Chinese shit and they are both in bed with the corrupt DC establishment swamp.

Amazon and Walmart are the same. They are both dependent on Chinese shit and they are both in bed with the corrupt DC establishment swamp.
I worked for Wal Mart warehouse in Bentonville Ar., in 1986 and they were using Eastern Soviet bloc nations and SE Asia to supply them while running a campaign of buy American.
Corporations donate to both parties to cover their bets on who to influence...

As you type that message on a big tech device.....LOL
You pick your battles. Pick a single target and find a less tyrannical alternative

True. And I’m not sure why lefties hate them so much ( Walmart). They prop up leftie ORGS like BLM.

I am leaving lefties to support Walmart from now on out though. :)

There is a whole new internet being created...bigger faster less ads and free....and they will exclude any monopolized companies from participating....like Twitter Google Facebook and Amazon...
You're right, Elon Musk's Starlink is expanding every day. Be vigilant though, he can become just as tyrannical as the rest of big tech--maybe even more so. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

We are considering purchase of a fly-in fishing and hunting camp in remote Alaska. By remote, I mean the place, which includes around 100 acres, is seventy plus miles from the nearest "outpost" of civilization. If we go that route I am certain we will drop social media in all forms and use the internet only for work purposes. Getting my wife on board with the idea is the major obstacle. The place is hours at best estimates from the nearest hospital.

I could be wrong, but I believe Duck-duck-go is owned by Google, or at least uses the same search framework.

Forum List

Back