Human cost of electric vehicles

Democrats don't assess the cost of anything

Instead, they just go head long into what ever it is that they want, it does not matter what it costs as they find others to pay for it.

Hence a $30 trillion plus debt.

There is no vehicle nor any form of transportation that does not contribute to pollution when it is motorized.....or a beast. The mere presence of humans increases pollution.

Are electric cars really as clean as they seem? There is human cost.

The US has over 69 Cobalt mines. And it is rated fourth in the Lithium Reserves in the World. The US is leading the world in alternative battery creations where cobalt and lithium are not used. As of right now, Tesla's newest battery does use cobalt and lithium but both are mined and manufactured in the US.

I don't feel the need to blame the industry because China and India are causing great evils in the world.

The US has over 69 Cobalt mines. And it is rated fourth in the Lithium Reserves in the World. The US is leading the world in alternative battery creations where cobalt and lithium are not used. As of right now, Tesla's newest battery does use cobalt and lithium but both are mined and manufactured in the US.

I don't feel the need to blame the industry because China and India are causing great evils in the world.
And if you need a new battery for your EV it will cost you between $10,000 & $20,000 dollars.

This constant talk about the environmental problems of mining the minerals needed for EV batteries is either ignorant or myiopic.

Yes, the mining process is very much an environmental disaster. At the site of the mine. But if you compare that to the widespread damage done by every oil spill, it is a drop in the bucket. As for the human cost, there are still people on the Gulf Coast who's livelihood is damaged by the BP blowout disaster. And BP's answer is to spray chemicals on the oil slick that makes the oil sink. The oil is still there. The pollution is still destroying the ecosystem. But it looks pretty again, so everything is ok.

And if you need a new battery for your EV it will cost you between $10,000 & $20,000 dollars.

Considering the amount on maintenance you save over that 10 to 15 years before you need a new battery pack, I don't think that amount is out of line. And the solid state battery is on the cusp which goes for a million miles and charges.

How many people do you know that buys basic Transporation vehicles will keep it longer than 15 years? I know I do but I ain't normal and my vehicle has already started to double it's worth even though it's not on the classic list. (I love my Hemi). But at 12 to 14 mpg around town, it won't win any races for fuel mileage. My Electric does a better job around town. But for open road, 25 mpg from my Hemi works fine.

The Electric does one thing. It isn't that affected by some madman running around in some 3rd world country.

Are electric cars really as clean as they seem? There is human cost.

To answer your question, yes, compared to oil, there is absolutely no question at all, it's far and away way cleaner. The fact there is illegal digging of it doesn't change that in the least.

There is no vehicle nor any form of transportation that does not contribute to pollution when it is motorized.....or a beast. The mere presence of humans increases pollution.
200,000 children in africa digging for cobalt with their bare hands

greenies have to work really hard to ignore that

Forum List

Back