Huge Train accident in East Palestine

2dwbz985nqia1.jpg

Given the number of miles traversed by freight trains yearly I would suspect that they are the safest mode of transport for bulk hazmat materials....Try putting that much on our roads and see what happens.....Go chicken little someplace else.

I stubbed my toe on my porch once. Porches are death traps and we need to ban them, along with concrete.

It's not in the news because some black Democrat got hold of a gun illegally and shot some white kids, and there is a great need to snivel about more gun control, plus I think some media hack found out Martha Stewart had a boyfriend or something, then there was Biden's ridiculously stupid 'State Of The Union' farce, and so on.

Well I guess I'll post this in this thread on the train accident even though there are many to choose from.

This article explains why if we had enforced the earlier regulations on train brakes it very well might have mitigated this disaster. It also goes on the explain why it's the fault of BOTH parties we do not have these regulations in place today just like I argued.

But people are so beholding to their cult of choice, we still likely will not enact and enforce this.

Trump Admin Is to Blame in Ohio Disaster—but So Is Biden

I'll note, so is Obama for not getting off his lazy butt and fighting for it.

Well I guess I'll post this in this thread on the train accident even though there are many to choose from.

This article explains why if we had enforced the earlier regulations on train brakes it very well might have mitigated this disaster. It also goes on the explain why it's the fault of BOTH parties we do not have these regulations in place today just like I argued.

But people are so beholding to their cult of choice, we still likely will not enact and enforce this.

Trump Admin Is to Blame in Ohio Disaster—but So Is Biden

I'll note, so is Obama for not getting off his lazy butt and fighting for it.

The Halfrican had to be, by far, the laziest POTUS we ever had, talk about just dialing it in after his first mid-term.

LOL....Maybe we are better off. ;)

Last edited:
The Halfrican had to be, by far, the laziest POTUS we ever had, talk about just dialing it in after his first mid-term.

LOL....Maybe we we better off. ;)

How's that trade deal with China going that Trump walked away from?

You were the one who said the Halfrican was lazy, I was just agreeing with ya. ;)

At least Trump did not send the chi-coms pallets of money.

I did say Obama was lazy. One needs to note how lazy and corrupt others were/are in this scenario also.

Is railroad transportation really safe, and should we really be relying on rail transport as libs seem to insist?

The facts would indicate not.

Tremendous fire after a derailment in the tremendous Eastern Ohio city of East Palestine.

"libs" support rail, be they heavy or light and in local or national circuits. The facts are the rails are decades old as are most of all of our nations infrastructure - tunnels, dams, bridges, etc. The Biden Administration is bringing forth dollars to repair and replace dangerous and rusting infrastructure.

The faux conservatives and the current iteration of fiscal conservatism of the Republican Party are absurd and dishonest. Kicking the cans for decades have cost deaths and costs that grow and grow. With the trillions of dollars creating jobs those skilled workers will provide tax money to the treasury and no longer costly failures.

Last edited:

As a train engineer for many years, occasionally running track clearing operations during snowstorms, I have many frightening memories of how long it takes to stop even a short train in bad weather, on an incline, etc.

The large freight trains with as many as 100 or more heavily loaded cars, still equipped with old non-electrical pneumatic braking systems, are extraordinarily dangerous, taking up to 25% longer to stop after an emergency brake application even in ordinary conditions, on level ground with good weather — often well over a mile. The new systems also put less pressure on couplers and wheel/axle/brake assemblies since braking in each car is instantaneous and well synchronized.

Of course there should never have been a reversal of the decision to install electrical breaking for dangerous freight carrying and very heavy cargo trains. In the end, such systems have been proven to be not only safer, but more economical — but of course there are up-front costs of conversion that the railroads would rather not bother with.

A train derails 2 years after Trump leaves office and it's somehow his fault because some people got paid BEFORE he was even president.

You really gotta be pretty fucking stupid to come up with shit like this. But then we're talking about you, you've never let us down on stupidity.

You forgot to mention the train safety regulations Trump gutted.

2018 scrapping of a 2015 Obama-era rule requiring advanced braking technology on trains transporting particularly hazardous materials. That rule would have required compliance by certain trains by 2021 and others by 2023, but Trump’s Department of Transportation decided that “the cost of installing these more sophisticated brakes outweigh[ed] the benefit.”

You forgot to mention the train safety regulations Trump gutted.

2018 scrapping of a 2015 Obama-era rule requiring advanced braking technology on trains transporting particularly hazardous materials. That rule would have required compliance by certain trains by 2021 and others by 2023, but Trump’s Department of Transportation decided that “the cost of installing these more sophisticated brakes outweigh[ed] the benefit.”

And Biden did nothing to restore.

And Biden did nothing to restore.
Why did Trump do what he did? I'll tell you why stupid. He's a business man. This is why you don't want a business man running the country. Business weighs the costs vs the risks and often times will take a chance even if it might cause death because they don't want to pay to make sure bad things don't happen. Lobbyists are constantly lobbying politicians to deregulate safety regulations. So here is a perfect example of where businessman Trump deregulated and the accident that happened is exactly why we put the regulations in place in the first place. Now can all the victims sue the companies and US Government? Trump doesn't mind. Take him to court. He'll have this tied up in court for years and ultimately HE himself won't be found guilty.

You Republicans will go along with anything and justify anything the GOP tells you to swallow and repeat. It's fucking sad.

So why did Trump gut these train regulations? Was he wrong to do it? Clearly.

All you can say it Biden didn't put the guts back in? I don't know if that is even possible but it's pretty pathetic to use that as an excuse. If I were Biden I'd undo EVERYTHING Trump did just so you can't blame him if any of those things blow up in his face.

You are sad. Pathetic.

Wow what a pathetic reply. Trump degulates train regulations that caused this accident and you say Biden didn't undo everything Trump did and that makes it his fault?

It makes it Obama's, Trump's and Biden's fault. I've said that from the beginning. Why does Biden deserve no blame for doing nothing for two years?

Why did Trump do what he did? I'll tell you why stupid. He's a business man. This is why you don't want a business man running the country. Business weighs the costs vs the risks and often times will take a chance even if it might cause death because they don't want to pay to make sure bad things don't happen. Lobbyists are constantly lobbying politicians to deregulate safety regulations. So here is a perfect example of where businessman Trump deregulated and the accident that happened is exactly why we put the regulations in place in the first place. Now can all the victims sue the companies and US Government? Trump doesn't mind. Take him to court. He'll have this tied up in court for years and ultimately HE himself won't be found guilty.

You Republicans will go along with anything and justify anything the GOP tells you to swallow and repeat. It's fucking sad.

So why did Trump gut these train regulations? Was he wrong to do it? Clearly.

All you can say it Biden didn't put the guts back in? I don't know if that is even possible but it's pretty pathetic to use that as an excuse. If I were Biden I'd undo EVERYTHING Trump did just so you can't blame him if any of those things blow up in his face.

You are sad. Pathetic.

Why didn't Biden do anything for two years? Why didn't Obama simply make it mandatory as opposed to going to a cost/benefit study?

The same reason that Trump did what he did. Campaign dollars.

Forum List

Back