Huge Fire Erupts at Scranton Army Ammunition Plant, the U.S.’s Primary Producer of 155mm Artillery Shell Bodies

That must have been the result of Biden's "unprecedented job growth" the left keeps babbling about. Most companies I've seen are hiring some genuine fucking idiots these days. Probably a diversity hire.

I was gonna go with "sabotage", but Occam's Razor.

Diversity hire or sabotage, are you sure there's a difference?

Will President Joe be sending Pete Buttigieg to assess the situation, or will he show up in person to console the poor conveyor line and forklift?

why the fuck would the POTUS send someone to a local fire?

There are 1000s of them every day.

You big government loving fools are just too much to take before I have finished my first cup of coffee.

why the fuck would the POTUS send someone to a local fire?

There are 1000s of them every day.

You big government loving fools are just too much to take before I have finished my first cup of coffee.

Someone's a grumpy lil' donkey this morning.

Lighten up, Eeyore. A frown is just a smile turned upside-down.

:laughing0301:

Shocking....but it turns out it was not a huge fire at all, was put out in no time and not one single person injuried.

What will your next "the sky is falling" thread be?
Your report is probably Fake given that this factory produces shells for Ukraine and all the feeds to foreign based comment including RT have been scrubbed .
Tells you all you need to know in all probability .

Your report is probably Fake given that this factory produces shells for Ukraine and all the feeds to foreign based comment including RT have been scrubbed .
Tells you all you need to know in all probability .

Nothing about it on TASS, Moscow Times, or RIA Novosti. One article on RT that pretty much read the same as the US media.

Nothing about it from any of the Scranton FD and police boards. Several local media agencies covered the story, including WNEP of Scranton, PA.

No injuries reported after fire at Scranton Army Ammunition Plant

They had a pretty cool year-old Youtube video of the plant operations. It's basically a machine shop. My MOS when I was in the Army was 13E20, meaning artillery fire-direction and control. We shot off thousands of 105mm and 155mm rounds training Army Rangers how to call for artillery strikes, back in the early 70's.

I once took an un-authorized gentle walk through an impact area where unexploded artillery and mortar rounds lay everywhere. Probably a stupid thing to do, but I was younger then. Those 105mm artillery projectiles make some pretty wicked razor-sharp pieces of steel shrapnel, some pieces as long as 12". One pice of shrapnel could hake your head clean off if you were withing the blast radius.

They made a nice wind chime of you hung them from a string.

:laughing0301:

Last edited:
Complacency is probably to blame. All too often people get comfortable with their job and start to take for granted how dangerous it can be. Most of the accidents I’ve seen in the Machine Shop are from people cutting corners because nothing bad happened last time they did it so it must be ok to do it this time to.

Complacency is probably to blame. All too often people get comfortable with their job and start to take for granted how dangerous it can be. Most of the accidents I’ve seen in the Machine Shop are from people cutting corners because nothing bad happened last time they did it so it must be ok to do it this time to.

They used to attribute occurrences like those to "gremlins."

Forum List

Back