HUGE favor: Law Enforcement Abuse of Power Research Survey

I have only had one bad experience with a city cop who first tailgated me while I was trying to pass a slower car which speeded up as I tried to pass it.

Then he pulled me over for unsafe lane change as I tried to get out of his way by moving into the other lane.

I told him I would see him in court.

The ticket never came in the mail so I guess he changed his mind.

That was about 30 years ago.

Other than this nothing bad.

Isn't there survey software you can use for this?

Do all the answers need to be out in the open like this? Not.

I said that people can send the answers to me in private messages, they don't need to be put in the open thread. In fact that is what I prefer. I'm not sure if there is that kind of software out there or not, once again this is just a class project, not an actual survey.

The survey is to find out more about the people, like who they are, their experiences, and what they think can fix the problems.
You're just going to find that black people hate the police, and the police hate black people.

To solve the problem you would need to send the black people to Haiti, just like US Pres Grant said to do in his memoirs.

Another solution would be complete segregation with no police going into the black areas.

A third solution would be to require everyone who is not black to be armed at all times.

14907567_1842585192628406_1670490601041613223_n.jpg 13566911_1404209039596088_745174636037625824_n.jpg 13592216_1404902192860106_8996741383126618508_n.jpg

For those that haven't read some of my posts, I'm currently enrolled as a Senior in Criminal Justice at Eastern Kentucky University. This semester I am taking a course in Criminal Justice Research. The main research project for the course involves doing a Criminal Justice Research Survey, coding the survey, and writing a research paper about it.

That's where I need help. For the paper I need to have 25 people fill out the survey so that I can do my research paper. Thankfully, the staff here at USMB has given me permission to post my survey here in hopes that I can get some members to fill it out for me. All you have to do is cut and paste the survey into a private message to me. I'll keep everything private and won't share any information given. With that said, our instructor said that the information on the survey really doesn't matter, as he is mostly grading on the structure of the survey, how we code it, and the way we present our findings. So... if you want you can fill out the survey with whatever information you want, it doesn't HAVE to be really about you, though it would be pretty cool to get some actual feed back.

So I'd really appreciate any participation from the members here! Thanks in advance!

How Do Different Demographics View Abuse of Power By Law Enforcement in the United States

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

#3. What is your nationality?

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic
4. Native American/ Inuit
5. Asian/ Pacific Islander

#4. How much did you gross in 2015?

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

#5. Were you born in the United States?

1. Yes
2. No

#6. What political affiliation do you have?

1. Republican
2. Democrat
3. Independent/ Third Party

#7. What is your highest level of education?

1. No GED or High School Diploma
2. GED or High School Diploma
3. Some College or an Associate's Degree
4. Bachelor's Degree
5. Master's Degree or higher

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

#9. Do you have children?

1. Yes
2. No

#10. Do you work in a field related to Criminal Justice or some sort of public service position?

1. Yes
2. No

#11. Have you ever received a traffic citation?

1. Yes
2. No

#12. Have you ever been arrested?

1. Yes
2. No

#13. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt a law enforcement official abused their power?

1. Yes
2. No

#14. Have you ever been physically assaulted by the police?

1. Yes
2. No

#15. Have you ever been told by a family member or a friend that they were in a situation where a law enforcement official abused their power?

1. Yes
2. No

#16. Does the race of a police officer affect your view of them?

1. Yes
2. no

#17. Does the gender of a police officer affect your view of them?

1. Yes
2. No

#18. Do you feel law enforcement officials have too much power?

1. Yes
2. No

#19. Do you feel law enforcement officials should require a four-year degree?

1. Yes
2. No

#20. How would you rate law enforcement in the United States?

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

#21. If you could make one change to the Law Enforcement system to make it better, what would it be?

I appreciate what you're doing here, but there was one GIANT red flag for me. As someone who knows just how left leaning most universities are, I am very suspicious of the context of the assignment and the fact that your professor tells you he is not concerned with the findings of the survey, only the structure.

I am concerned that this data will be used to advance a leftist agenda, and given the loose control of the data input, the findings will be utterly useless. I could tell you I am a black female, highly educated and have been abused by cops. You have no way of knowing. I hope your prof is on the up and up.

Good point. Lewdog that's why it's so important to make sure you include whichever side your prof favors
in the SOLUTIONS you present that incorporate both equally. If you make both sides look good, then this reduces the chance of someone taking offense and attacking.

Well like I said, though I am interested in trying to get some useful feedback, the most important thing is that I am doing the project correctly, as the data built from the research isn't going to be used for anything other than get a grade.

Sadly, too many people have become scared to help because of how the government and media have become and it has created a lot of skeptics.

Once again, this is just a basic research paper that isn't going to be used as any kind of actual study. ;)
Hey Sonny Clark this is an issue you care about, are you available to answer Lewdog survey?
I'll try to take the survey later today. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Thanks Sonny Clark so you will balance me out.
I lean pro police, and want communities to work with them to solve these problems,
and I think you are more anti and don't trust them with their given authority.

Please, if you can think of two more users on here, one leaning pro and one anti, please ask them to try this survey.

If we try to keep it balanced, I think that would reduce the tendency to skew the research.

I think GreatestIam and GISMYS are on another similar forum like politicalforum ?
But they are mostly focused on religion and ethics not public policy or politics.

Are there any other members who might have diverse friends from other forums
to recommend for this? the more diverse the pool, the broader the scope.
In my opinion, cops are low-life pieces of shit.

As I said, Sonny Clark, you balance me out!
So now Lewdog REALLY needs you to answer, or else who is going to check my response
that police can be trusted to work with and everyone should share that civic responsibility?

I think it is important to find out why some people have such negative thoughts about the police, who they are, why they do, and what they think can help to fix the problem.

I totally agree, but this type of survey will not do that. You have no way of verifying any responses.

For those that haven't read some of my posts, I'm currently enrolled as a Senior in Criminal Justice at Eastern Kentucky University. This semester I am taking a course in Criminal Justice Research. The main research project for the course involves doing a Criminal Justice Research Survey, coding the survey, and writing a research paper about it.

That's where I need help. For the paper I need to have 25 people fill out the survey so that I can do my research paper. Thankfully, the staff here at USMB has given me permission to post my survey here in hopes that I can get some members to fill it out for me. All you have to do is cut and paste the survey into a private message to me. I'll keep everything private and won't share any information given. With that said, our instructor said that the information on the survey really doesn't matter, as he is mostly grading on the structure of the survey, how we code it, and the way we present our findings. So... if you want you can fill out the survey with whatever information you want, it doesn't HAVE to be really about you, though it would be pretty cool to get some actual feed back.

So I'd really appreciate any participation from the members here! Thanks in advance!

How Do Different Demographics View Abuse of Power By Law Enforcement in the United States

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

1. Yes
2. No

1. Republican
2. Democrat

4. Bachelor's Degree

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

#10. Do you work in a field related to Criminal Justice or some sort of public service position?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

#13. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt a law enforcement official abused their power?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

#15. Have you ever been told by a family member or a friend that they were in a situation where a law enforcement official abused their power?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. no

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

#21. If you could make one change to the Law Enforcement system to make it better, what would it be?

I appreciate what you're doing here, but there was one GIANT red flag for me. As someone who knows just how left leaning most universities are, I am very suspicious of the context of the assignment and the fact that your professor tells you he is not concerned with the findings of the survey, only the structure.

I am concerned that this data will be used to advance a leftist agenda, and given the loose control of the data input, the findings will be utterly useless. I could tell you I am a black female, highly educated and have been abused by cops. You have no way of knowing. I hope your prof is on the up and up.

Good point. Lewdog that's why it's so important to make sure you include whichever side your prof favors
in the SOLUTIONS you present that incorporate both equally. If you make both sides look good, then this reduces the chance of someone taking offense and attacking.

Well like I said, though I am interested in trying to get some useful feedback, the most important thing is that I am doing the project correctly, as the data built from the research isn't going to be used for anything other than get a grade.

Sadly, too many people have become scared to help because of how the government and media have become and it has created a lot of skeptics.

Once again, this is just a basic research paper that isn't going to be used as any kind of actual study. ;)

I lean pro police, and want communities to work with them to solve these problems,

Please, if you can think of two more users on here, one leaning pro and one anti, please ask them to try this survey.

If we try to keep it balanced, I think that would reduce the tendency to skew the research.

I think GreatestIam and GISMYS are on another similar forum like politicalforum ?
But they are mostly focused on religion and ethics not public policy or politics.

So now Lewdog REALLY needs you to answer, or else who is going to check my response
that police can be trusted to work with and everyone should share that civic responsibility?

I think it is important to find out why some people have such negative thoughts about the police, who they are, why they do, and what they think can help to fix the problem.

I totally agree, but this type of survey will not do that. You have no way of verifying any responses.

...and in most surveys there is no way to verify the answers either. That's why they are called blind, random surveys. As I said, I posted this in hopes of getting some good answers, but I need 25 surveys completed regardless. So if I don't get enough here, I simply have to fill in the rest myself. This is JUST for a grade not an actual research study to be published.

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

1. Yes
2. No

1. Republican
2. Democrat

4. Bachelor's Degree

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. no

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

I took your survey, and since the structure not the findings are what are important here, I answered very few of the questions truthfully. You can be certain that the accuracy of any findings will be wrong by at least 4%.

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

1. Yes
2. No

1. Republican
2. Democrat

4. Bachelor's Degree

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. no

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

I get it now Lewdog and BuckToothMoron
it's not a formal survey, as what Templeton Foundation would fund which can't have holes in it.
It is an exercise for class, so the student can interact and gather information on preset questions.
It does not have to be research perfect, and accountable for, as for publication and usage outside the classroom.

It's going through the steps as practice for taking a survey and reporting the results, even if it isn't perfect
and people can be saying whatever and the demographics can't be verified as with real studies. Gotcha!

BuckToothMoron has a very good point though.
Although it's set up to be "not intended for outside use"
answers to these things tend to be used to advocate anyway.

I still answered publicly, as if my answers would be published.
That way, either way, if they are used in class or outside,
I still promote shared responsibility for policing, and any issues
of abuse require communities working with law enforcement.

I find that true regardless, even if I am just saying that,
my background can't be verified, or the survey is biased and skewed demographically.

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

1. Yes
2. No

1. Republican
2. Democrat

4. Bachelor's Degree

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. no

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

I took your survey, and since the structure not the findings are what are important here, I answered very few of the questions truthfully. You can be certain that the accuracy of any findings will be wrong by at least 4%.
Okay Lewdog if you fall short of 25, I'd use those answers just to get to 25.
The respondent admits not answering them completely accurately. The point is, other people may also but NOT TELL YOU.

It's still a response, and if you knew which answers were accurate or not, you could take those and leave out the others.
If you use these, it should come out the same as people who respond inaccurately or "make mistakes" and you counted them anyway.
This response is just being HONEST there are inaccuracies included.

I'm really not wanting this to be a debate thread about police abuse of force. I was just hoping to get some help from fellow members to fill out some surveys. Thanks!

Dear Lewdog welcome to the process.
Ever hear of the principle that you cannot observe something without changing it?
Even in the act of asking such questions you are indirectly influencing some interaction and thus some change.
As BuckToothMoron pointed out, this is inherently tied in with media culture.

So people are going to add their context around the process.
Let it happen. it's part of the interaction.

If you enter into someone's world, and leave a footprint of ideas,
they are going to do the same with you, an even give and take.

If you want people to answer your questions,
they may want you to listen to them also.

#1. What Gender are you?

1. Male
2. Female

#2. How old are you?

1. 18-24
2. 25-34
3. 35-44
4. 45-54
5. 54+

1. White
2. Black
3. Hispanic

1. Less than $20,000
2. $20,001-50,000
3. $50,001-100,000
4. $100,001 +

1. Yes
2. No

1. Republican
2. Democrat

4. Bachelor's Degree

#8. Are you married?

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. no

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Yes
2. No

1. Poor
2. Below Average
3. Average
4. Fair
5. Excellent

I didn't get a message from you, are you sure you sent your responses to the right person?

Want to know why people think negatively about member so law enforcement?

Start here and read about brutality, abuse of power and authority, crime within law enforcement agencies, committing perjury in a court of law, favoritism by our judicial system, and the lack of respect given to the general public.

LINK: Police Brutality Archives - The Free Thought Project

The survey is to find out more about the people, like who they are, their experiences, and what they think can fix the problems.
The problem can be fixed by simply holding members of law enforcement to the exact same standards as John Q. Public is held to. In other words, NO free passes in our courts and judicial system. For example, murder is murder regardless of who commits it. If cops can use "I feared for my life", or "I feared for my safety", then everyone should be able to use the same excuse, period. No free passes.

Start here and read about brutality, abuse of power and authority, crime within law enforcement agencies, committing perjury in a court of law, favoritism by our judicial system, and the lack of respect given to the general public.

The problem can be fixed by simply holding members of law enforcement to the exact same standards as John Q. Public is held to. In other words, NO free passes in our courts and judicial system. For example, murder is murder regardless of who commits it. If cops can use "I feared for my life", or "I feared for my safety", then everyone should be able to use the same excuse, period. No free passes.

But the public can use that defense. It's under the "Stand my ground" law. The same one that allowed George Zimmerman to kill.

But the public can use that defense. It's under the "Stand my ground" law. The same one that allowed George Zimmerman to kill.
Go try it and see if you aren't dragged into court. How many cops are dragged into court before a judge and jury? How many get paid vacation and / or desk duty?

FYI - It's NOT self defense when rogue cops commit cold blooded murder. I call bullshit. Check our shameful prison population and see how many cops are now behind bars.

Go shoot someone in the back that's running away from you and see if you walk free. Shoot a mentally challenged teen that's unarmed and see if a jury will let you walk free.

Bull fucking shit.

Dear Sonny Clark
That's not equal unless the John Q Public takes the SAME "oath of office and sacred duty"
to lay down their life to defend the Constitution and lives/property/rights of citizens protected thereunder.

That's what I'm saying: if all citizens TAKE the same oath and training
as police and military, then YES they should all get the same benefit of the doubt
that the actions they took were to defend the laws and lives of the public.

Sure we can make it equal!
But it's a lot of sacrifice, and if people had to take that on
themselves, how many would say they'd rather hire police military and vets to do that who are more fitted to the job.

NOTE: All I tried to do was help defend FT national history.
and tried laying down my life and salary to that end.
And I have been begging to hire someone else to do this work.
I will help raise the money, but hire and pay a professional who can do it right.

If everyone griping about govt tried to do it yourself,
you'd find out the people you are paying aren't doing the work it takes,
and the people doing the work it takes aren't being paid. then you get it!

Go try it and see if you aren't dragged into court. How many cops are dragged into court before a judge and jury? How many get paid vacation and / or desk duty?

FYI - It's NOT self defense when rogue cops commit cold blooded murder. I call bullshit. Check our shameful prison population and see how many cops are now behind bars.

Go shoot someone in the back that's running away from you and see if you walk free. Shoot a mentally challenged teen that's unarmed and see if a jury will let you walk free.

Bull fucking shit.

Ok, so we have different views. If you fill out the survey I'll find out more why you feel the way you do and how you think things can be changed.

Forum List

Back