Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Which shows that poor judgment in Arkansas isn't limited to the Huckster, he was just the highest ranking official exercising it.

No, it shows that Huckabee commuted his sentence, and when he again committed violent crimes, a parole board, who KNEW he'd been commuted and continued to be a danger, determined it would be best to let him go AGAIN.

It's idiotic. He may have had his sentence commuted for a variety of reasons....perhaps the investigation went awry, or the prosecution withheld evidence, any of a variety of technicalities.

But when the guy went out, committed violent crimes, and the parole board turned him loose AGAIN, that's just criminal. On their part.

Idiotic, appropriate when applied to Huckster's record on turning out violent criminals. The Criminal Justice system did its job. He was a violent felon. A grand jury had to weigh evidence before formal charges could be brought. A trial had to take place. A jury assessed a sentence. Opportunity exists for appeal if there is an error in procedure. Huckster stepped in and turned the animal out. He committed another violent crime, went back to prison and then other Arkansas officials saw fit to turn him out again. Poor judgement by The Huckster, poor judgement by the Parole board.

So we all agree, Huck had a lot to do with those four police officers being killed. I wonder if he will

1. Keep his show on fox (of course he will)
2. Visit the family's of the slain (of course he will not, especially considering how he is already saying its not his fault he allowed this guy to get out of a 90 years sentance).

Fox, Huck, killer, republican. All bad words.

so you will take the two libtard judges in Washington to task for releasing the guy on 15K bail AFTER raping a 12 year old, AND AFTER he had 8 felony charges pending in Washington State??? of for sure.

Bail is a constitutional right. Why do you hate the Bill of Rights?
15,000 for a rape...that means 1500 from a bailbondsman. I don't think the Bill of Rights wanted such a cheap tag on such a heinous crime commited on a 12 year old. But, I know, I know, the rape wasn't free will, it was.......?

Actually it was 150k. He only had to come up with 15k to get out on bail.

So we all agree, Huck had a lot to do with those four police officers being killed. I wonder if he will

2. Visit the family's of the slain (of course he will not, especially considering how he is already saying its not his fault he allowed this guy to get out of a 90 years sentance).

no--we all DON'T agree, thank you very much.

So the huckster had NOTHING to do with those police officers being killed?

You must live in Bizzaro land! :lol:

are you this stupid in real life?

The cop killer is responsible for his own behavior. Try to take Huckabee down if you think that's important but he has nothing to do with the murders. Press charges if you like and see how far you get.

According to Zona, anyone connected to a murderer should be thrown out of society. I guess we will have to start locking up the parents of killers huh? What about psychologists of these disturbed people? Take away their licenses right?

The governors of just about every state in the union has released prisoners due to over crowding and budget problems in the last year. I guess we need 50 new governors and none of them had better try to run for president, because I'm sure at least one has hurt someone.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee came under fire during his presidential run for his commutation of the sentence of Wayne Dumond, who was found guilty of rape and murder in Missouri after being released from prison in Arkansas.

In light of the news that Huckabee commuted the 95-year sentence of the suspect in yesterday’s slaying of four Washington state police officers, we dusted off our 2008 campaign research books to take another look at the numbers.

On his radio show today, Huckabee again addressed the slayings, placing blame both with his own state’s system and the government of Washington.

“Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,” he said of Clemmons.

Huckabee's commutation record - First Read - msnbc.com
You're a pathetic POS for politicizing the murder of 4 cops!!!!!
You deserve everything you get.

IMO, it is stupid to blame this on Huckabee.

It would also be a shame if this kept potentially rehabilitated people from receiving clemency in the future.

If this were the only instance, I personally would be inclined to give Huckabee the benefit of the doubt and just say, "hey, everyone screws up at least once."

But during his 10 year tenure as governor, he issued more than 1,000 commutations and pardons - more than his three predecesors COMBINED.

It's a re-occuring problem and this is not the only case in which he turned violent criminals loose on innocent victims. If you override the criminal justice system and turn THAT MANY violent criminals loose, it's inevitable - some are going to rape and kill again.

The real question is whether or not his far right constiuency will give him a pass. Soft on crime is not really a good rallying cry for this base. Will they forgive him/make excuses for him?

Only time will tell.

Last edited:
If this were the only instance, I personally would be inclined to give Huckabee the benefit of the doubt and just say, "hey, everyone screws up at least once."

But during his 10 year tenure as governor, he issued more than 1,000 commutations and pardons - more than his three predecesors COMBINED.

It's a re-occuring problem and this is not the only case in which he turned violent criminals loose on innocent victims. If you override the criminal justice system and turn THAT MANY violent criminals loose, it's inevitable - some are going to rape and kill again.

The real question is whether or not his far right constiuency will give him a pass. Soft on crime is not really a good rallying cry for this base. Will they forgive him/make excuses for him?

Only time will tell.
So 2 out of 1,000 went on to commit violent crimes?

Only time will tell.

Good point Ravi. Gee, we better go out and find the other 998 and lock them up again.

Only time will tell.

Two that I happen to know about. Don't know about the others.
But apparently, he's a heck of a lot more free with the commutations and pardons than the three Arkansas governors who preceeded him. THAT's the issue. And apparently he's not that careful about it.

As I said before - if it were JUST a case of one or two (even though their crimes are particularly heinous) then I would be inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But turning more loose than the THREE preceeding governors combined..... that's NOT a mistake - that's POLICY.

The criminal justice system has a mechanism in place to release potentially rehabilitated criminals. Huckabee chose to override that system - A LOT.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee came under fire during his presidential run for his commutation of the sentence of Wayne Dumond, who was found guilty of rape and murder in Missouri after being released from prison in Arkansas.

In light of the news that Huckabee commuted the 95-year sentence of the suspect in yesterday’s slaying of four Washington state police officers, we dusted off our 2008 campaign research books to take another look at the numbers.

On his radio show today, Huckabee again addressed the slayings, placing blame both with his own state’s system and the government of Washington.

“Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,” he said of Clemmons.

Huckabee isn't in politics. What's the politicizing? It's not like the OP is talking about the Ft. Hood killings in a politicizing way...of course NO ONE did that...

Huckabee's pardon and clemency policies are a political issue.

Following your logic - commenting on Obama's Afghanistan policy would be "politicizing" the deaths of American military personnel.

Now that we know that you feel it is politicizing deaths - we will immediately be able to spot any hypocrisy on your part.
:eusa_shhh:

Oh bullshit.

The Huckster showed poor judgement in many aspects of his duties while Governor of Arkansas. He shouldn't be mayor of Little Rock, much less any higher office. Beyond that, blame and responsibility lie entirely with the piece of shit that committed the crime.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back