"Hubris": New Documentary Reexamines the Iraq War "Hoax"

Bush 41 could have easily avoided the FIRST U.S.-Iraq War.

Bush 43 could have easily avoided the SECOND U.S.-Iraq War.
And what, let the Kuwaiti's fend for themselves, and forget about them as our friends along with our oil interest in which they were our allies on?

Bush scammed us into war?

Amazing.
I knew that before we even invaded Iraq.

NOw the "brains" of the midia are figuring it out?

sheesh.

Of course I was saying this would be the great recession while the experts were saying just a 6 month adjustment...

Don't miss the premiere of 'Hubris: Selling the Iraq War' hosted by Rachel Maddow, Feb. 18 at 9pm E.T./6pm P.T.

I'll be watching...
What, maybe getting a little to close on Benghazi ? Is this what this is all about ? The timing seems suspect, so am I right ? How about lets focus on what is now ( don't you think that enough is on all our plate already as Americans with the current lying politician/chief being dealt with?), and how about lets leave it to the professional historians to deal with the past. The fact that we have this Rachael left wing wacko Maddow hosting this docudrama, is a total turn off for many to begin with, so good luck trying to spread the distracting left wing propaganda to the masses, while skating or covering up what went down in Benghazi.

You really read the bullshit you post?

There was NO investigation into the run up to Iraq. None.

And there REALLY were lies. Not "Sunday Talk Show" came with caveat lies..

They were profound lies.

They cost this country huge..and in multiple ways.

NOTHING..and I mean NOTHING has been done to stop it from happening again.

10 years after the invasion, the AUMF is STILL in effect.

You know what would be fun? If Rachel Maddow leaked a rumor that her next documentary was going to be about the life of John McCain. :lol:

He would go ballistic, thinking she was going to lay out his 5 crashed planes, his incident aboard that ship, and his corruption during the Keating Five all over again for the American public who have been hoodwinked by this "Maverick".
No I think he would see it just for what it is, just like everyone else would at this point and time, where as it would be viewed as yet another desperate left wing smear campaign, then concocted against anyone in power, that might be getting to close to the truth on her beloved Jim Jones type of idolized figure she has now in her life. I mean she can't be wrong about it all now can she? No she just can't be as figured in her mind. I mean she has to much of her life invested in this left wing ideology that she has become a full fledged member of, and she can never be proven wrong now, and if she was, she would be like a little rebellious teen ager, with her hands over her ears saying I don't hear you, no I don't na na na boo boo I don't hear you la la la la la I can't hear you..... : )

You equate telling about documented facts as a smear campaign? :lol:

And what, let the Kuwaiti's fend for themselves, and forget about them as our friends along with our oil interest in which they were our allies on?

It was never about the Kuwaitis as "friends" or about "self-determination" or about freedom from tyranny or any of those high-sounding ideals. It was ALWAYS about oil. And it wasn't JUST about Kuwait's oil. It was about Saudi oil since there was nothing standing between Saddam and the Saudi oil fields other than hundreds of miles of desert.

The show was very interesting. But we all know those stockpiles of wmds. Now where were they?
Could be in Syria, just as some WMD gas had been reported upon lately or was it that they had boasted about it recently (the Syrian government) maybe? Wasn't there a report on this recently ?. Wasn't there a report about the gas they have or something about that gas being in Syria now ? There was another topic on this, and it sure was interesting indeed, because it was debated on here as to where did this gas come from? He had chemicals (used on the Iranians), because he was using them also on the Kurds as it was dropped from helicopters, but this was acid or something as was reported, but are we sure of that ? He had plenty of time to get rid of these stockpiles, as we gave him a good bit of time, and this happened as we tippy towed around trying to conduct inspections at his permission while in country. If he had nothing to hide, he sure had a weird way of showing it, I mean this guy sacrificed his entire nation to without a secret that ummmm didn't exist ? Think about it..............................

Bush scammed us into war?

Amazing.
I knew that before we even invaded Iraq.

NOw the "brains" of the midia are figuring it out?

sheesh.

Of course I was saying this would be the great recession while the experts were saying just a 6 month adjustment...
It would have been a 6 month adjustment, if politics hadn't gotten in the way.. We would have won Vietnam also if politics wouldn't have gotten in the way, so what's your point again?

Funny how these conspiracy theory-type issues only become properly aired a good DECADE after the event, isn't it. When theory becomes mixed with known fact, but only AFTER there's been ample time for confusion to set in, and only after memories have had time to become dimmer.

I've little time for such exercises just because of this.

I find myself wondering where Syria got her WMD's from (and, happily, I see I'm not alone in that). There's a fairly sudden acceptance that Syria has them, but no reports I'm aware of, of where they originated.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
The show was very interesting. But we all know those stockpiles of wmds. Now where were they?
Could be in Syria, just as some WMD gas had been reported upon lately or was it that they had boasted about it recently (the Syrian government) maybe? Wasn't there a report on this recently ?. Wasn't there a report about the gas they have or something about that gas being in Syria now ? There was another topic on this, and it sure was interesting indeed, because it was debated on here as to where did this gas come from? He had chemicals (used on the Iranians), because he was using them also on the Kurds as it was dropped from helicopters, but this was acid or something as was reported, but are we sure of that ? He had plenty of time to get rid of these stockpiles, as we gave him a good bit of time, and this happened as we tippy towed around trying to conduct inspections at his permission while in country. If he had nothing to hide, he sure had a weird way of showing it, I mean this guy sacrificed his entire nation to without a secret that ummmm didn't exist ? Think about it..............................

He "had" chemical munitions given to him by the United States.

You folks are really something else.

You think if he still had anything..he would have let America roll Iraq without a fight?

:lol:

It was never about the Kuwaitis as "friends" or about "self-determination" or about freedom from tyranny or any of those high-sounding ideals. It was ALWAYS about oil. And it wasn't JUST about Kuwait's oil. It was about Saudi oil since there was nothing standing between Saddam and the Saudi oil fields other than hundreds of miles of desert.
And Sadam would've wanted the Saudi Oil next maybe ? Hey whose to say what this tyrant would have done if we would have allowed him to take what he wanted in that region? Do you think there should have been no intervention in Kuwait by us or anyone, I mean once Sadam invaded that nation for it's oil fields or control of that oil ?

Saddam was pissed that CIA spies had infiltrated the inspection teams - which was proven to be true. Saddam stated, before his lynching, that he had been running a "bluff" against Iran with his WMD rhetoric.

UN 'kept in dark' about US spying in Iraq | World news | guardian.co.uk

I hate Bush's wars, but when I tuned in and saw that Maddow was doing it, I tuned back out. There's no way of knowing what information is being distorted or avoided, so it would just be a waste of my time to watch it.

That's the problem with partisan ideologues providing "information": Who knows what the reality is.

Pub pundits, who seem to be running the party these days, or since 1992, are mainly undereducated charlatans who'll say anything for a buck and form a huge propaganda machine that lies nonstop and has the dupes in an alternate universe- see "Obama's sequestration, O gutted workfare, grabs guns, had total control first 2 years,is a tyrant LOL, see sig pp3.

Maddow is a Rhodes scholar who doesn't lie, or link?. Thanks for the depression, the stupidest wars ever, 9/11, and 3 1/2 years of mindless obstruction, now becoming an OBVIOUS disgrace...even for dupes.

Not hard to Google "rachel maddow lies" and come up with some stuff, unless the person doing the searching refuses to believe what they read, or if they're ready to spin away from it.

Perhaps your definition of lying is different from mine. I believe that purposely leaving out pertinent and contrary information from a "report" is clearly intellectually dishonest, and that constitutes "lying" in my book. You may actually believe that you're getting the whole story from her, I don't know. If that's the case, not much I can say.

And a person's intelligence and their intellectual honesty are mutually exclusive character traits. I would guess that's common knowledge.

Why don't you tell us some lies that Maddow has told?

You think if he still had anything..he would have let America roll Iraq without a fight?

Don't you remember Saddam promising America 'the mother of all battles' if they invaded ?

But as it turned out, what forces he had weren't prepared to fight. Even his Republican Guard deserted him to a large extent. I don't doubt that Saddam had delusions about the preparedness of his army, no doubt fed to him by sycophantic generals, too scared to disappoint him.

Also, moving WMD's out of Iraq would be a great way of discrediting the forces invading, wouldn't it ... as the Left has certainly tried to 'prove' for the past decade. Never mind the fact that Saddam never accounted for weapons dispositions. Never mind that he spent many years playing games with the UN, repeatedly denying them inspection access. Are these the actions of a ruler, and a regime, with NOTHING to hide, and NO reason not to play it straight ??

No. Such tactics buy time. And, for WHAT, exactly ?

Republicans really did a number on this country. It's like they gut f*@ked America and are proud of it.

FDR invited the Japanese attack so that he could get the US into the "real" war in Europe.Truman didn't ask congress for permission for his disastrous adventure in Korea. LBJ used a fake Tonkin gulf crisis to get the US into the quagmire of Vietnam. Clinton bombed a defenseless country in Europe to distract Americans from sodomy in the Oval Office. Tell me again who had the most hubris?

He "had" chemical munitions given to him by the United States.

The Syrians, palease... they were scared to pieces of the United States power, and only served as a distant assistant in other ways to Sadam, where as they knew it not wise to help a madman sacrifice his nation in the way that Sadam did, in which could have sacrificed their own nation in the process if got knowingly involved.

It worked out anyway, because now that the dictator is gone in Iraq, it made the people feel in that region that they might not have to suffer under such dictators for long anymore, and therefore they are trying to rise up and change things now in these places, and it is not by Obama speaking a bunch of empty speak to them about how we are arrogant and such, but it was by the actions and deaths of our soldiers who liberated Iraq from a tyrant, as well as ran the Taliban out of Afghanistan. Our use of power has created hope if anything for those who are oppressed, and they had taken our lead after the domino's began to fall. Barack still uses our military to create hope from the tribal areas of Pakistan, and in other areas where these drones have been killing terrorist it is a strong message being sent, just as well as taking out Osama Bin Laden or the on going military operations that started with Bush in which the left seems to love to adopt when convenient for them and their cause for the moment, then it's back to bashing Bush for their own personal agenda's.

Oh you are talking about Sadam being given chemical weapons from us, and he was going to or would have used those weapons before we could roll him eh ? He was to afraid to use those weapons against us, even if he would have had the ones we allegedly gave him left, he still would not have used them on us, but you are saying now that he had WMD's in which he would have used, even if they would have come from us? Where did the WMD's we gave him go?

Last edited:

Saddam was pissed that CIA spies had infiltrated the inspection teams - which was proven to be true. Saddam stated, before his lynching, that he had been running a "bluff" against Iran with his WMD rhetoric.

UN 'kept in dark' about US spying in Iraq | World news | guardian.co.uk
So he sacrificed his whole nation for secrets that didn't exist ?

Forum List

Back