hubby wants a prius

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so we go look at one...used...24 k...i am like wtf..its a 2016...with 66 thousand miles...i look at a new one...its 30 k...guess what...i am buying either..i am cheap..i have never spend more than 10 k on a car....i have had two new cars in my life...one my father gave me...and one i got dirt cheap when the dealership sold the car i had a deposit on...and had to find a car to deliver to me on the date promised and gave me a subbie hatchback dirt cheap...

he is pushing for this car...its a hybrid i do believe and dont care....i grew up with muscle cars...i just dont get it...the dash is just weird ...

anyone got one?

welp i looked at the car thread ...i want the camaro now....hubby is bitching about gas mileage...i said anything over 15 and i was happy...its 19 miles per gal...the only con...hard to get in and out of ...bioboy might have issues ...same damn price as the prius and a lot more fun

If he's retired I can see the utility for short trips. That's why I bought a KIA Soul Plus instead of tooling around town in a full sized F150. Way easier to park and maneuver too. It's also amazing how much you can haul inside of it and it's got plenty of "pep". I'm on my second one.

LOL.....Being a somewhat burly man I get some strange looks when I roll out of it. ;)

so we go look at one...used...24 k...i am like wtf..its a 2016...with 66 thousand miles...i look at a new one...its 30 k...guess what...i am buying either..i am cheap..i have never spend more than 10 k on a car....i have had two new cars in my life...one my father gave me...and one i got dirt cheap when the dealership sold the car i had a deposit on...and had to find a car to deliver to me on the date promised and gave me a subbie hatchback dirt cheap...

he is pushing for this car...its a hybrid i do believe and dont care....i grew up with muscle cars...i just dont get it...the dash is just weird ...

anyone got one?
Used cars are overpriced right now.

I'd wait to buy anything

1643549295858.png

I had one. I loved it. Best gas mileage. I had well over 200,000 miles and still just needed an oil change.

I would have looked better in a Charger but, you know.

anyone got one?
I don't like them. Pretty much anything about them.
They are ugly inside and out. They remind me of an AMC Pacer

pacer.png

prius.jpg

the dash is just so boring....i just think its a chance for someone my age....(68) i still havent gotten up the nerve to look under the hood...i mean whats under there....a huge battery...and he tells me the battery is about 1200 to 1700 ...what he didnt mention was labor....

i like red and that damn camero is nice.....park on a slant and i would just have to live there forever ...what the heart wants and what the body can do....are two different things at my age

I bought one way back when.
You pay more up front and save money on gas.

The only problem I ever had with it was getting up the mountain into Red River, New Mexico.
I thought I was going to have to get out and push it up the mountain.
That probably had more to do with the fact I had been flying across Northwest Texas on the way at 80 mph ...
And there just wasn't anything left in the poor thing, and it made it home okay.

I put 120k miles on it before I bought more toys that it couldn't haul.
There's more room in it than it looks like.

Hey Bones ... One other thing I thought of.

If I remember correctly, you and the husband are kind of rural.
I don't know where he has to drive normally, but the Prius is not good off road.

You can high-center it on a friend's driveway if they haven't put a box blade to it in a while and you aren't paying attention.

hubby wants a prius​

So...how did his penis inversion surgery go?

Seriously...no more soy for hubby...he needs LOTS of cabbage.

The problem with hybrids, not just a Prius, is that they have 2 complete drive trains, both gas and electric, so you have twice as many possible points of failure.
And the batteries are over $5k.
If you just get a VW Golf or Honda Civic, you can get even better mileage, like 40 mpg, and save the extra weight of all those batteries.

he is pushing for this car...its a hybrid i do believe and dont [sic] care....i grew up with muscle cars...i just dont [sic] get it...the dash is just weird ...

anyone got one?

It's a bit of a long shot, but if there is anything left of your husband's masculinity to salvage, one thing that might jump start it is to take him to a Ford dealership and have him test-drive the new sixth-generation Ford Bronco (not the “‘Bronco’ Sport”, which is just a glorified Escape, but the real Bronco).

If, after spending a few minutes behind the wheel of a Bronco, he still wants a Prius, then he's probably a lost cause.

Forum List

Back