HRT medication to cost £20 a year on the NHS. Big win for women

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This has been long overdue. The current set up is discriminatory towards women and fundaentally unfair.
Of course since the brexit disaster it has been more difficult to get the HRT drugs but that wont last forever.

Its very rare that I praise our awful tory govt, mainly because they dont deserve it.But in this instance I am happy to give praise.

So big deal.

Prescriptions have always been dirt cheap in UK.

I was shocked when I visited there almost 20 years ago to get a needed medication for which I paid $450 in the US, for less than £7, and even more shocked to learn that ALL prescriptions cost the same amount of money.

So like a £20 Rx is a big triumph?

I think Tammy is impressed because his favorite trannies can get their hormones cheap.

So big deal.

Prescriptions have always been dirt cheap in UK.

I was shocked when I visited there almost 20 years ago to get a needed medication for which I paid $450 in the US, for less than £7, and even more shocked to learn that ALL prescriptions cost the same amount of money.

So like a £20 Rx is a big triumph?

I think Tammy is impressed because his favorite trannies can get their hormones cheap.

A prescription in England is just under £10. So there is a saving of over £200 on the current cost. Of course prescriptions are free in Wales.

The bigger point here is that it is a tax on women. Therefore it is by definition discriminatory. This is good news.

A prescription in England is just under £10. So there is a saving of over £200 on the current cost. Of course prescriptions are free in Wales.

The bigger point here is that it is a tax on women. Therefore it is by definition discriminatory. This is good news.

And the <£7 that I paid was a tax on people with trigeminal neuralgia, and therefore discriminatory.

And just like the <£7 was a tax on people with bacterial pneumonia, and therefore discriminatory.

And just like the <£7 was a tax on diabetics and therefore discriminatory.

Keep reaching for those cherries, Tammy.

This has been long overdue. The current set up is discriminatory towards women and fundaentally unfair.
Of course since the brexit disaster it has been more difficult to get the HRT drugs but that wont last forever.

Its very rare that I praise our awful tory govt, mainly because they dont deserve it.But in this instance I am happy to give praise.

Define "woman" please.

And the <£7 that I paid was a tax on people with trigeminal neuralgia, and therefore discriminatory.

And just like the <£7 was a tax on people with bacterial pneumonia, and therefore discriminatory.

And just like the <£7 was a tax on diabetics and therefore discriminatory.

Keep reaching for those cherries, Tammy.

Diabetics dont pay for prescriptions. I would abolish all prescription charges, like we have in Wales. But England has a conservative govt so that isnt happening for a couple of years.
£10 is a nominal fee but still expensive for some.Poor people should not be priced out of medication.

Diabetics dont pay for prescriptions. I would abolish all prescription charges, like we have in Wales. But England has a conservative govt so that isnt happening for a couple of years.
£10 is a nominal fee but still expensive for some.Poor people should not be priced out of medication.
Thanks to the mods who cleaned up this thread.

Forum List

Back