Howdy from Colorado

I will likely stay away from Zone 3. I have turned over a new leaf and I simply want to live in peace with my American sisters and brothers. It's just too stressful to constantly be in a fight.

Matter of fact, when April/May rolls around, I will spend far, far less time on the laptop and much, much more time in the kayak, fishing for lake trout.

Kayak? Ever go River Rafting?

I honestly joined here, because I enjoyed reading and participating in the threads that are more societal and political in nature and many other forums I am on are being damaged, by too much of this and those forums straying from their core topics.

Anyway, the wife and I are 33 years married, empty-nesters. We have four children, three married, and 9 grand children. This past summer, we moved from Colorado Springs, CO, escaping the Front Range chaos and population explosion, to the Western Slope. We live in a tiny western town of only 500 people and we LOVE IT! We are very strong Conservative Christians, who bend hard to Libertarianism.

I am of the opinion that we need to start over. Government has gotten too big and it needs to be reeled back.

I have many more opinions and those will leak out of me over time, but I am a Patriot and I love America. I just wish it were the America I grew up in.

Decided to edit and add this bit of info.......

By the way, I have recently been blessed with a new outlook in life.

Two weeks ago I nearly died.

The morning of Saturday, November 6, I started feeling poorly. By 7pm I had a 103.8 fever and was miserable. By Tuesday I tested and Thursday found out that I was COVID positive.

I will spare you all the specifics, but I ended up being hospitalized for 5 days. I was discharged with home Oxygen at lunch on Thanksgiving day.

Two days later, I nearly died, when my left lung collapsed, a pneumothorax. My O2 levels cratered into the 50's and I nearly checked out, before the wife got me to the ER. Four more days in the hospital and the Docs sent me home.

I have now been home for 5 days and I am doing very well. By the way, two days after I got sick, the wife did as well and we both tested positive. Her case was less violent and she was well in two weeks.

Great news... we are both, stock-full of natural immunity.

And no.... we were not vaccinated. We aren't anti-vaccers.... we just wanted to be more patient regarding the stuff they are ramming in the American public, to see how that turns out over time.... before we decide to get the poke.
Glad you and your wife survived.

Now you have natural imunity and that is a million times better than than the test tube crap.

Welcome. We need more Conservatives with Libertarian leanings.

We love to ridicule these stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats so feel free to join in.

I honestly joined here, because I enjoyed reading and participating in the threads that are more societal and political in nature and many other forums I am on are being damaged, by too much of this and those forums straying from their core topics.

Anyway, the wife and I are 33 years married, empty-nesters. We have four children, three married, and 9 grand children. This past summer, we moved from Colorado Springs, CO, escaping the Front Range chaos and population explosion, to the Western Slope. We live in a tiny western town of only 500 people and we LOVE IT! We are very strong Conservative Christians, who bend hard to Libertarianism.

I am of the opinion that we need to start over. Government has gotten too big and it needs to be reeled back.

I have many more opinions and those will leak out of me over time, but I am a Patriot and I love America. I just wish it were the America I grew up in.

The morning of Saturday, November 6, I started feeling poorly. By 7pm I had a 103.8 fever and was miserable. By Tuesday I tested and Thursday found out that I was COVID positive.

I will spare you all the specifics, but I ended up being hospitalized for 5 days. I was discharged with home Oxygen at lunch on Thanksgiving day.

Two days later, I nearly died, when my left lung collapsed, a pneumothorax. My O2 levels cratered into the 50's and I nearly checked out, before the wife got me to the ER. Four more days in the hospital and the Docs sent me home.

I have now been home for 5 days and I am doing very well. By the way, two days after I got sick, the wife did as well and we both tested positive. Her case was less violent and she was well in two weeks.

And no.... we were not vaccinated. We aren't anti-vaccers.... we just wanted to be more patient regarding the stuff they are ramming in the American public, to see how that turns out over time.... before we decide to get the poke.
So tell us a little something about yourself.

I will likely stay away from Zone 3. I have turned over a new leaf and I simply want to live in peace with my American sisters and brothers. It's just too stressful to constantly be in a fight.

Matter of fact, when April/May rolls around, I will spend far, far less time on the laptop and much, much more time in the kayak, fishing for lake trout.

Welcome to USMB Big John! You live in a beautiful state with natural wonders that never cease to amaze! I read that you and your wife have been kayaking a couple of times and really enjoyed it. That’s awesome! I lived in Colorado for a couple of years near Winter Park. I really miss skiing in winter there, but WV has had to suffice for now.

I have no doubt you have a full appreciation for life going on as you described your recovery from SARS2. Keep strong and stay well- remember to maintain healthy level of vitamin D (not exceeding recommended daily amount) as good preventative to keep well!

Also wanted to mention, you said you wanted to stay away from the stressful conversations so you might check out the CDZ-clean debate zone. I failed to comply earlier about sticking to the topic there, but I’ll still be going back again later as a appreciate the zone designation for cleaner debates. A good choice to make on occasion! Lol

One trip with the wife and kids down Browns Canyon on the Arkansas. It was great family fun. But the wife and I enjoy the kayak's better. We have kayaked down the Colorado three times.

I still go ,although I don't do any rough rapids anymore. To old.

I have no doubt you have a full appreciation for life going on as you described your recovery from SARS2. Keep strong and stay well- remember to maintain healthy level of vitamin D (not exceeding recommended daily amount) as good preventative to keep well!

Every day I take Zinc, Quercitin, Vit D, Vit C...... and a Multi-Vitamin every other day. My primary physician knows and completely agrees.

I purchased the expensive Vit D that is in liquid form. 2 drops a day are the recommendation and that's what I do.

The hospital you spent 5 days in saved you from yourself.

Well Mr. Smarty-pants.... you have actually no idea about me. I could have been one of those double-poked, lying in a hospital bed fighting for my life. You have no idea.
I know what you said, you're not vaccinated. Lucky for you that competent doctors and nurses were able to save you from yourself.

Every day I take Zinc, Quercitin, Vit D, Vit C...... and a Multi-Vitamin every other day. My primary physician knows and completely agrees.

I purchased the expensive Vit D that is in liquid form. 2 drops a day are the recommendation and that's what I do.

Very smart,well done

Well Mr. Smarty-pants.... you have actually no idea about me. I could have been one of those double-poked, lying in a hospital bed fighting for my life. You have no idea.
This troll is a staid shill,do yourself a favor and give him the pleasure of being the first you put on ignore,I got a Littlr over 200 of these shills just like him on ignore

Welcome. The left wing nuts are like roaches here🪳 beware.

That is how I was welcomed, and I felt it very warming and true, so I pass it on

Welcome to USMB, Big John. hope you enjoy the boards. :welcome:

Forum List

Back