How would you feel if the next president said that the Marines should be disbanded?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I hope something like this would be illegal.
XGN2EvZ.jpg

In my eyes a military force that is not representative of the population is a threat to democracy and freedom!

If this is commonplace then I am in favor of disbanding or severely disbanding the US Marines in favor of a larger and even more high tech Air Force!

Perhaps give the flyboys one of these!

It would have been fine if Truman had been successful in disbanding the Marines after WWII.

The only reason they had a big role in WWII was because the Navy wanted to be in charge of the Pacific campaign and needed their own infantry.

I think it would be best if we just had one military. No Navy, Marines, Army or Air Force. Just US Forces. it would probably save us a ton of money.

XGN2EvZ.jpg

In my eyes a military force that is not representative of the population is a threat to democracy and freedom!

If this is commonplace then I am in favor of disbanding or severely disbanding the US Marines in favor of a larger and even more high tech Air Force!

Are you fucking retarded Disbanding the Marine Cor would make us a military third world country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XGN2EvZ.jpg

First off, the tweet you posted is completely wrong. Not only do Muslim men NOT wear veils (that is called a burka, and is worn by Muslim women), but if those recruiters were refusing to enlist someone based simply on their religion or the way they look, they could be brought up on charges under the UCMJ and would be kicked out of recruiting (and probably the military).

How do I know this? I've served in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, and there were Muslim sailors in damn near every command I served in. Some bases even held Muslim services and prayer calls. And, from 1999 until 2002, I worked in recruiting at Amarillo MEPS as Head Classifier and Leading Petty Officer (my boss was all the way down in San Antonio TX). No, you cannot refuse to enlist someone in the military just because you don't like their belief system. Incidentally, Muslim is a recognized religion as it has it's own code on the Record of Emergency Data (Page 2).

As far as disbanding the Marines? Never gonna happen. They have a different skill set than the Army does, and they are needed for defense.

It would have been fine if Truman had been successful in disbanding the Marines after WWII.

The only reason they had a big role in WWII was because the Navy wanted to be in charge of the Pacific campaign and needed their own infantry.

I think it would be best if we just had one military. No Navy, Marines, Army or Air Force. Just US Forces. it would probably save us a ton of money.

Actually, it would be a lot less efficient. Various branches of the military are different from each other because there are different skill sets required for each.

Canada tried that and it did not work.

Forum List

Back