how would biden take my guns.

... slavery didn't begin in America ...

Slavery died out in the Christian part of Europe - and it came back in America. So indeed began a new form of slavery in America. I would call this form a "machine minded" slavery.

By the way: Did you ever notice that the modern world very often calls human beings "consumers"? A consumer is part of a machine.

i know bernie calls the incometax providers
"the workers".. fuckin sick that bastard uses my beloved Vermont as political fuel for his twist ends justifiy the means... i hope he dies quickly..

I never will understand why US-Americans always lose their not existing contenance in case someone shares not their opinions. What's wrong with the expression "the worker"? The Gregorian idea "Ora et labora (et lege), Deus adest sine mora" made the western world to the leading culture of the world. Only the people, who try to make slaves out of others, are a real problem. And "be my personal slave" is what Donald Trump called "loyalite". Be happy that he lost and you never will know what had happened otherwise in the next years, decades or even centuries. It will be difficult to repair what Donlad Trump had done - and Mr. president Joe Biden seems to be a diligent man.

And death, undear unfriend, is never a solution of real problems. Learn to listen to your 'enemies' - they are your best teachers - specially in case they are right and you are wrong.

have you seen metropolis Trotsky ? (fritz lang)

bernie is a communist & says "the worker".. stialin marx, lennon, kim jong un... etc.

You compare John Lennon and Joe Biden with the psychopathic mass murderer Stalin and the autocratic supercriminal monster in the third generation of leading monsters Kim Yong Un? Buy a new brain.

ahh.. sorry Vladamir not john... karl not groucho

my brain is fine. i'm keeping it.

Sigh. Perhaps I should sell weapons - but better never to sell an exchange brain instead to sell only one bullet to the wrong person.

And yet, we have an oligarchy and are slaves while mistakenly thinking we have democratic representation.

If you make yourselve to a slave then you are a slave. But an extremistic opinion makes you not to a slave. The most people wiLl just simple not share the nonsense, which you say.
Ask yourself what kind of system is like this:

1) Corporations and corporate PACs comprise most funding for most candidates of either party.
2) Elected officials neither write the legislation they present nor fully read what they pass, but corporate think tanks do the writing instead.
3) Both parties routinely bail out corporations, enter unnecessary wars, and spend far more than the government collects with no concern at all for inflation.
4) Most mainstream media is owned by the same corporations that own the politicians.

Would you describe that as a democracy?

I would say your problem is the way "The winner takes it all". And I am sure you are able to change this.

1) Corporations and corporate PACs comprise most funding for most candidates of either party.
2) Elected officials neither write the legislation they present nor fully read what they pass, but corporate think tanks do the writing instead.
3) Both parties routinely bail out corporations, enter unnecessary wars, and spend far more than the government collects with no concern at all for inflation.
4) Most mainstream media is owned by the same corporations that own the politicians.

I would say your problem is the way "The winner takes it all". And I am sure you are able to change this.
That's part of the problem, but it doesn't address the root causes of our problems.

The Electoral College itself is fine, but yes, states should divide their electoral votes by the popular vote of each state (rather than the national popular vote).

just imagining how the actual process would begin.
so far its political bluster. but communism is chipping away at democracy. other things constitutional are melting in the fakenews winds of liberal hysteria.
obama changed the constitution.

fake news is the enemy of conservative America.
journalism will make a fabulous comeback.

do they have a ... "plan" for rounding up ar 15's

i still need mine, so im keeping it (them)..

It probably won't be unlike when they went door to door in New Orleans after Katrina. The streets were lawless and they searched each house to take any guns they found.

Yep, there was a huge lawsuit and settlement after the dust settled but, if you could not prove a gun was yours, New Orleans kept the weapon.
They'd get shot to pieces pretty quick.

And yet, we have an oligarchy and are slaves while mistakenly thinking we have democratic representation.

If you make yourselve to a slave then you are a slave. But an extremistic opinion makes you not to a slave. The most people wiLl just simple not share the nonsense, which you say.

Democratic action plays a role but for the better part, we are a plutocracy (power derived from wealth). Trumpism introduced fascism as a serious player in American Politics. Despite this term often being misused hereabouts (as a slur tied to commie), fascism is right handed, a hyper brand of nationalism with an authoritarian at it's head.

That's part of the problem, but it doesn't address the root causes of our problems.

The Electoral College itself is fine, but yes, states should divide their electoral votes by the popular vote of each state (rather than the national popular vote).
While I appreciate were you are going, it seems the long way around. Why not just let the popular vote decide the election.

Democratic action plays a role but for the better part, we are a plutocracy (power derived from wealth). Trumpism introduced fascism as a serious player in American Politics. Despite this term often being misused hereabouts (as a slur tied to commie), fascism is right handed, a hyper brand of nationalism with an authoritarian at it's head.
Trump wasn't authoritarian though. He took a states' rights approach to a lot of things, like COVID restrictions. An actual authoritarian would have exercised a lot of federal authority. Trump was more active regarding certain forms of economic protectionism, but that actually makes him very similar to old school Democrats (like FDR and Truman).

Nationalism itself isn't fascist. Fascism requires pretty heavy handed federal control over society. A much better example of it would be China's government.

While I appreciate were you are going, it seems the long way around. Why not just let the popular vote decide the election.
Under our current distribution of population, that would essentially mean that candidates would only need to campaign in about a dozen cities, possibly fewer.

Trump wasn't authoritarian though. He took a states' rights approach to a lot of things, like COVID restrictions. An actual authoritarian would have exercised a lot of federal authority. Trump was more active regarding certain forms of economic protectionism, but that actually makes him very similar to old school Democrats (like FDR and Truman).

Nationalism itself isn't fascist. Fascism requires pretty heavy handed federal control over society. A much better example of it would be China's government.
Trump's attempt to overthrow an election was a serious authoritarian move as was his misuse of the Justice Department.

Under our current distribution of population, that would essentially mean that candidates would only need to campaign in about a dozen cities, possibly fewer.
I'm afraid that's the nature of democracy. One person, one vote.

Perhaps the country is just too damned big. If there's one area where I lean right, it's the belief that most government should be local.

so far its political bluster. but communism is chipping away at democracy. other things constitutional are melting in the fakenews winds of liberal hysteria.

Idiot Biden says he wants to take your assault weapons,(AR15 is one). It won't be easy.
If you already have it, it will be tough to take it legally.

Obviously, Biden is gonna come riding to your front door on top of an Abrams tank and tell you to hand 'em over or else!!

(Kamala will be driving the tank)

Biden is full of crap. What he says and what he does is 2 different things.

Idiot Biden says he wants to take your assault weapons,(AR15 is one). It won't be easy.
If you already have it, it will be tough to take it legally.
An AR15 is not an assault weapon.

Trump's attempt to overthrow an election was a serious authoritarian move as was his misuse of the Justice Department.
He talked some about it, but what did he actually do? If there's one thing you and I might agree on, it's that Trump had a lot of bluster. I'm pretty sure he knew that he couldn't do anything to stay in office. He was just in denial.

As far as actual abuse of the Justice Department goes, there is much more evidence against Obama on that one.

One thing is for sure though. Trump's bluster and the Capitol Protests played right into the hands of the elite. Now, they can spend at least the next year keeping the public focused on Trump and a few Q types while making all Trump supporters guilty by association. It was very clever, I have to admit.

Oligarchies in other countries are usually not as effective at this technique, but I'm sure Putin and Jinping are taking notes.

He did not try and overthrow it. He suspected the vote counts were incorrect because there was vote fraud fpund in several places. He sued to get the right count. The courts have reviewed election results before. It's very legal.

I'm afraid that's the nature of democracy. One person, one vote.

Perhaps the country is just too damned big. If there's one area where I lean right, it's the belief that most government should be local.
As the feds grow bigger themselves, the goal seems to be to reduce the power and significance of states. Removing the EC would accomplish that in many respects. The next logical step would be to remove the Senate. Both require Constitutional Amendments, but the NPVIC (National Popular Vote Interstate Compact) may eventually nullify the EC in a roundabout way anyway.

He talked some about it, but what did he actually do? If there's one thing you and I might agree on, it's that Trump had a lot of bluster. I'm pretty sure he knew that he couldn't do anything to stay in office. He was just in denial.

As far as actual abuse of the Justice Department goes, there is much more evidence against Obama on that one.

One thing is for sure though. Trump's bluster and the Capitol Protests played right into the hands of the elite. Now, they can spend at least the next year keeping the public focused on Trump and a few Q types while making all Trump supporters guilty by association. It was very clever, I have to admit.

Oligarchies in other countries are usually not as effective at this technique, but I'm sure Putin and Jinping are taking notes.
I think we could find more that few things on which to agree. And yes, one of them is that Trump is a big bag of hot air.

If by elites, you mean the monied, they will continue to exert control until such time as the masses change their value system - or technology seriously subdues the supply side of economics.

They will use Gestapo FBI.

I think we could find more that few things on which to agree. And yes, one of them is that Trump is a big bag of hot air.

If by elites, you mean the monied, they will continue to exert control until such time as the masses change their value system - or technology seriously subdues the supply side of economics.
Or until we follow the example of the Founders. The tree of liberty is getting awfully thirsty about now.

He did not try and overthrow it. He suspected the vote counts were incorrect because there was vote fraud fpund in several places. He sued to get the right count. The courts have reviewed election results before. It's very legal.
He failed sixty times in court, not once producing evidence of the kind of widespread fraud required to alter the outcome of the election. It was all a bogus ruse designed to agitate the underbelly of populism. We saw the outcome on Jan 6th.

Look what's going on right now in Florida. The Republican Party has become cult. Despite leaning left, it is my contention that the country needs two healthy parties. Trump has now lost two Presidential Elections by more than 10mil votes. He's a loser for whom few people in the middle will vote. You don't win national elections without the middle. So if you want Dems to continue to win accompanied by those who threaten creeping socialism, keep supporting Trump.

Forum List

Back