How Will Russia rebuild its military after the war is over?

Because basically the Ukraine is the mouse that roared. Our money will turn Ukraine into a lion that roars. (Assuming most of the money goes to fighting the Russian invaders and not to corruption.)
THE MONEY THAT GOES TO THE UKRAINE WILL END UP IN CONTRACTS AWARDED TO THE FAMILIES OF MEMBERS OF CONGRESS.

After the war in Ukraine is over?

Assume the following:

1) The war in Ukraine will continue for at least 3-6 months.
2) The Russian military will continue to underperform making any progress solely by raw numbers and firepower.
3) Ukraine will continue to inflict disproportionately heavy losses on the Russians.
4) Ultimately, the Russians will succeed in doing something like opening a clear land route to Crimea, then they will declare victory and limp home with as much dignity as possible.

My opinions:

1) The sinking of the Moskva shows that a large vintage warship with advanced SAMs is no substitute for an actual carrier and its air wing. So I think the Russians will attempt to get their one carrier (Kuznetsov) and its air wing fully operational.

2) Overall the Russian air force has performed poorly. They need a major investment in not only air craft and munitions but funding for training and maintenance.

3) The Russians should give up their reliance on rather cheap tanks and go ahead with significant formations of more advanced vehicles.

Thoughts?
I think that much will depend on where on where the Russians will be stopped in Ukraine and what the West's policy will be in this regard.

After the war in Ukraine is over?
With its newest tech as the baseline, and it's most experienced in modern combat troops in training, and advisory roles for reconstituting it's military.
History shows that the victors of war, usually come out stronger in the end, than when they entered.
This bodes well for Russia in the long run when/if they win. The US on the other hand, hasn't squared off against a modern army in a loooong time.

What makes you think those families are corrupt?

View attachment 644287

Russia, China, Cambodia, Rwanda, Sudan, Venezuela, Ethiopia, and the list goes on.

Oh that's right! We're particular about which genocides going on in the world we care about.

*****SMILE*****

:)

We get involved when there's agreement the US has a strategic interest in getting involved.

A hundred years ago it could take months or decades to document atrocities or even hear about them.

In the era of cellphones and satellite imaging, we know in minutes.

I think that much will depend on where on where the Russians will be stopped in Ukraine and what the West's policy will be in this regard.
I have yet to see any consensus on that. Hard to say until there's a much clearer picture and an outcome to the war.

With its newest tech as the baseline, and it's most experienced in modern combat troops in training, and advisory roles for reconstituting it's military.
History shows that the victors of war, usually come out stronger in the end, than when they entered.
This bodes well for Russia in the long run when/if they win. The US on the other hand, hasn't squared off against a modern army in a loooong time.
Russia has already lost since they could not achieve their strategic goals.

They were supposed to seize everting from the Dnieper river east to Russia and Belarus ending resistance in 7 days with minimal losses.

He's lost nearly 40% of his total armor and a quarter of his total manpower for the army. He's lost over 1,000 tracked vehicles and over a hundred fxed and rotary winged aircraft.

He's lost their premier Misile Cruiser and show piece the Moskva and a week later their new replacement flag ship the Makarov. That's about 1.6bn dollars in just two ships along now with four of their heavy landing craft and half a dozen smaller ships. Call it 1.8-2bn conservatively for all those losses.

There is mounting turmoil in Russia as the families of the troops are beginning to figure out they've been horribly lied to for two months about the mounting casualties now exceeding well over 30,000 troops and sailor.

He may keep some Ukrainian territory when the war comes to a close but he hasn't won anything and can't now.

The Russian economy will be suffering for a minimum of 10-15 years into the future as well.

Putin will be lucky to hold on to power when this is over.

I have yet to see any consensus on that. Hard to say until there's a much clearer picture and an outcome to the war.
Yes, agree, nothing is clear on this moment. Btw, today I read on a Ukrainian source that the Russians began to fortify their positions in Mykolaiv and Kherson oblasts using concrete blocs.

It may mean that at least on some directions they switched to the tactic of defence and give up on offensive operations.

But then again, it is unclear how accurate these reports were and what intentions of the Russians would be.

Yes, agree, nothing is clear on this moment. Btw, today I read on a Ukrainian source that the Russians began to fortify their positions in Mykolaiv and Kherson oblasts using concrete blocs.

It may mean that at least on some directions they switched to the tactic of defence and give up on offensive operations.

But then again, it is unclear how accurate these reports were and what intentions of the Russians would be.
The funny thing is all you need is one switchblade and a few commercial drones buzzing overhead to get them to flee their positions leaving all their equipment behind.

This will be known in the future as, "The Drone War" because the value of drones and particularly disposable killer drones have been the premier weapons of this conflict.

Russians are so gun shy, one report I saw of a captured Russian conscript was that they are so terrified of the drones even birds and insects cause people to run.

After what happened Thursday/Friday with their pontoon bridges and dozens of armored vehicles being wiped out it's only going to get much worse.

Looks like an entire reinforced heavy Brigade was destroyed.

The funny thing is all you need is one switchblade and a few commercial drones buzzing overhead to get them to flee their positions leaving all their equipment behind.

This will be known in the future as, "The Drone War" because the value of drones and particularly disposable killer drones have been the premier weapons of this conflict.

Russians are so gun shy, one report I saw of a captured Russian conscript was that they are so terrified of the drones even birds and insects cause people to run.

After what happened Thursday/Friday with their pontoon bridges and dozens of armored vehicles being wiped out it's only going to get much worse.

Looks like an entire reinforced heavy Brigade was destroyed.

That is all may well be true, but let's not forget that Ukrainian army is in defense positions while the Russians have to wage attacks. An attacking army always tends to be in more vulnerable situations than a defensive one. It has to have more manpower and hardware and suffers more casualties.

As for now, the Ukrainian army was good at a defense fighting. It basically hasn't conducted big offensive operations. The liberation of Kiev, Chernihiv and other northern regions happened not because of 'liberation' per se, but because the Russian troops failed to seize or control there any significant city, lost momentum and basically stalled there with so bad logistics that some units had to loot nearby villages to find some food (and that I heard not from news outlets). And the Russian command decided to withdraw the troops and move them to the east to strengthen their groups there.

The current counter-offensive around Kharkiv is basically also withdrawal of the Russian troops. It seems that after almost 3 months Russian generals gave up on idea to take the city and now move the troops to other directions. Whether the Ukrainian troops will keep the momentum and manage to break through Vovchansk-Izum line is unclear. Because significant routes of Russian supply is located there and the Russians don't seem to give up them.

To summarize that. The Ukrainian army has made great successes in defence operations and that is a great achievement per se. And all territorial gains were the result of that. But whether it is able for great offensive operations remains unclear. I don't know. I am afraid of such failures like near Seversky Donets suffered by the Russians that may happen to the Ukrainian army. The Ukrainian army still have many issues.

Europe is a continent nitwit, not a nation.

1652625188203.png

And that makes the European Union what?... Dog poop?

*****CHUCKLE*****

We get involved when there's agreement the US has a strategic interest in getting involved.

A hundred years ago it could take months or decades to document atrocities or even hear about them.

In the era of cellphones and satellite imaging, we know in minutes.

1652625647885.png

Most of those atrocities happened within the last one hundred years and the United States knew about most of them while they were happening.

Whose money has to be threatened for there to be a strategic interest in getting involved?

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back