How USMB looks without censorship

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
For all those who are curious how this community would look without all the deleted posts, threads relocated into oblivion, thread closures, the massive censorship campaign, and the safe zones, you just need to understand what the worst thing about censorship is:

Screenshot_20220930-213041_DuckDuckGo.jpg

There you have it! That is how this community would look!

As long as people adhere to a very permissive set of rules for decorum, I haven't seen anyone here get censored for content.

On the other hand, if they were being censored for content, I probably wouldn't see it.

As long as people adhere to a very permissive set of rules for decorum, I haven't seen anyone here get censored for content.

On the other hand, if they were being censored for content, I probably wouldn't see it.
If you can't get by on this forum you might as well just cash in your chips and go live in the woods because you ain't gonna make it anywhere.

I have been banned from numerous communities for nothing more than having pointy opinions. This is not one of those places. I have said shit here that should have gotten me banned, yet here I am.

If you can't get by on this forum you might as well just cash in your chips and go live in the woods because you ain't gonna make it anywhere.

I have been banned from numerous communities for nothing more than having pointy opinions. This is not one of those places. I have said shit here that should have gotten me banned, yet here I am.

:banned03:

This. I am censored for content pretty much every day, which means others are likely censored a lot as well. There is a massive politically motivated censorship campaign going on here, the political narrative is being controlled. Those who don't get censored every day probably have no idea how busy the censorship team is here. There is so much censorship here that they had to create safe zones to use as an excuse for doing do much censoring. We know how this place would look without censorship though, right?

Screenshot_20220930-213041_DuckDuckGo.jpg

There is a MASSIVE censorship campaign going on here. If you are not aware of it, that doesn't mean that it isn't a thing. Do you realize that the reason you are not aware of it is because it has been successfully hidden from you? The whole purpose of this thread is to reconcile the huge censorship problem in this community with the lack of awareness that it is a thing. Think about it for a moment... how do you know how much censorship is going on here if you can't see what has been and is being censored?

Last edited:
Even if this site has the most free speech of all sites, (it doesnt) that doesn't mean there isn't massive censorship. A killer who kills fewer people than other killers is still a killer.

What do you think this site would look like if it didn't have massive censorship?

And I have never been.

So, you have to ask yourself, is it the system, or is it you?

Several problems with this question, other than that the censorship IS occurring regardless of how this question is answered:

1. It leaves potential or path to politically motivated censorship being justified, which it is not.

2. If I'm not posting what I want to, then I AM in fact being censored.

3. It doesn't answer the question of what the site would look like without this politically motivated censorship. (Thread topic)

4. It IS the system.
What are you posting that is getting censored?
Stuff my political opponents don't like, but following the rules.

It sounds like you may have a perception fallacy, since you are not seeing or experiencing censorship yourself. Not seeing or experiencing it yourself does not mean that it isn't happening right under your nose, and in a big way.

Several problems with this question, other than that the censorship IS occurring regardless of how this question is answered:

1. It leaves potential or path to politically motivated censorship being justified, which it is not.

2. If I'm not posting what I want to, then I AM in fact being censored.

3. It doesn't answer the question of what the site would look like without this politically motivated censorship. (Thread topic)

4. It IS the system.

It sounds like you may have a perception fallacy, since you are not seeing or experiencing censorship yourself. Not seeing or experiencing it yourself does not mean that it isn't happening right under your nose, and in a big way.
A little bit of censorship, usually self-censorship, is necessary for a civil society. Otherwise, it’s anarchy and gunfights on the streets to settle disputes.

A little bit of censorship, usually self-censorship, is necessary for a civil society. Otherwise, it’s anarchy and gunfights on the streets to settle disputes.
We know you love censorship, you are a lefty. Do you know how this board would look without the massive censorship campaign?

I have no idea what your political opinions might be, or who might oppose them. All I hear is a lot of whining that you're not being treated fairly ... I know who has those political opinions.

There is a MASSIVE censorship campaign going on here. If you are not aware of it, that doesn't mean that it isn't a thing. Do you realize that the reason you are not aware of it is because it has been successfully hidden from you? The whole purpose of this thread is to reconcile the huge censorship problem in this community with the lack of awareness that it is a thing. Think about it for a moment... how do you know how much censorship is going on here if you can't see what has been and is being censored?
Here? Nooo, I disagree. You sure you aren't thinking you're somewhere else? I just got banned at a place because they read my PMS with a friend I knew from a different place, and the only way I got banned there is because they did that, and I told him it could happen; And it did. I know he didn't snitch me out, they read the PM and that was it.
At that place it's either tow the commie party line or be silenced, and USMB is not that place.
At all. You can't even call somebody a "fuckface" there without an infraction. What kinda crap is that? :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
WTF?
RWNJ's, want to force private companies to publish their BS, under the guise of "censorship"?
So, much for "free" markets.

Well I don't know why I post here tonight
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared negotiations will flare
And I'm wonderin' how my account will fare
Mods to the left of me , rules to the right, here I am ,
Stuck with ignoring you

Yes I'm stuck with ignoring you,
cause debating is such an ado
It's so hard to show my avatar face,
Losing control, yeah, i'm all over the place
Mods on the left of me,
rules to the right, Here I am,

Stuck with ignoring you
Well you started out with nothing ,
and you say that you're a self made man
And your peers keep on postin',
slap yer BS posts and say

SleeEEeeeze.... SleeeEEease.....

Try to make some sense of it all
But I can see that it makes no sense at all
It' so cool to live on total ignore
No more worries over forum decor
Mods to the left of me , no fight tonight, here I am ,
Stuck with ignoring you

Yes i'm stuck with ignoring you
Yes i am...

Stuck on ignoring you

~S~ w/apologies to steelers wheel

You tantrums don't appear to be censored.
"Don't appear" to be. That's the whole idea of censorship. Your use of the word tantrums suggests that you are subjectively biased against me or the thread topic, which makes it even MORE difficult to see censorship.

Forum List

Back